help me?

Options
2»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    im not lol. im eating really good but light. im feeling good, with energy and all of that :D really.. im just eating healthy

You asked what you were doing wrong. You were answered. Now you're just gonna be all "lol no i'm not" about it?

Good luck.
  • JeanineTaquito
    Options
    im not breatfeading my child anymore, thanks for the worries. can someone add me please? i need someone to tell me when im doing this the wrong way :(
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    thanks to all for answering this! i just dont know ANYTHING about this. i live with a family that eats pizza/cake/coke/friedchicken. so thanks to all, now i know i gotta eat a lil bit more:)

Who said you have to drink the coke.. and whats wrong with pizza? You can also talk to your family about eating better foods or see if you can help making food. But a young teen, especially a mother if nursing, should be no less than 1800 calories. You need to fuel your body or it will deplete it's muscle.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    im not breatfeading my child anymore, thanks for the worries. can someone add me please? i need someone to tell me when im doing this the wrong way :(

PSULemon is on your list. He's among the best of us.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Set you account to 1 lb per week and eat at those levels. Weight loss is about a calorie deficit. So you don't have to eat clean. Many of us eat unhealthy foods without adverse affects except for maybe some water weight.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary for suggestions on food. It's a mix of pre-packaged and home-cooked meals. Check out allrecipes.com for healthy eating ideas. You can also google healthy recipes to get more suggestions.

Do you have health insurance that allows visits to a nutritionist? That would be a good start for learning as well.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Agree completely with what the others have said. If they eat pizza-you eat the sauce, vegetables and more veg and the cheese-low fat would be good- same protein and less fat. How about some whole grains-aha-spaghetti instead of pizza, not too much difference in the ingredients, exactly, but healthier. Get them to save you a piece of chicken and then bake/roast/grill even boil it don't coat it with a bunch of empty calories and then load it in grease. After it's cooked, shred the meat and put some raw veg under it to make a salad. Use light or faf free dressings, or add some olive oil and vinegar to dress it. If they are makin' fried chicken, then there's eggs in the house. Boil some and add those to your chicken topped salad. Pass on the coke. Ice and water is much better.

Not meant to criticize you-you are young and asked for help, so I hope I gave you some ideas how to eat healthier in your current environment. The baby needs you to be healthy so you can be a great Mom! And it is good for you and your self esteem and your future as well. A well fed (meaning well nourished, not FAT froim junk) body and mind is so important for ecerything you do.

And you are really lucky to have this information online and folks with experience who are willing to step up and help you learn how to do it well.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You can feel free to add me. I have my diary open. I just eat my calories and workout. I adjusted my calorie goal to 1560 because 1200 is just too low for me. I honestly don't consider myself on a diet. I eat what I want, when I want. I workout 6 days a week. There are days I am in the negative. Usually on the weekends. But if I made this a diet and said no I can't have this or that, I would never have lost the weight I have. It has to be something you can live with otherwise you will fail. Don't worry you will get this. Just do some research.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Your not eating enough