Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How hard is the 30 Day Shred??? Nervous to buy!

Hey all-

I've been reading quite a few success stories by people that have completed Jillians 30 DS. I literally am about to press ok to my amazon order of her DVD but figured I should ask you guys first! Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm 23, 5'4, 245 pounds and am not used to working out. At all. lol, Thanks so much in advance! Peace&Love

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,857 Member
    its going to be hard, thats how it works, if it were easy, you would get no progress. but its not hard to the point you couldnt do it, and it starts off easier then gets harder each stage so it eases you into it
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    You can take a look at level one here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

On the first day expect that 20 minute workout to last about double (with pauses for breaks). Expect soreness on the second and third day. Then by day 4, 5, 6 expect to be astounded by how much endurance you have gained. Good luck!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    I haven't don't the program, but sometimes I do a workout if I only have 20-30 minutes to work out. Just FYI, all the levels are on youtube for free,
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    If 88.74% of the women in this site can do it, I'm sure you can too. Order away.

Also: is it too late for me to buy stock in Jillian? She has to be worth a billion dollars by now
  • amfischer2
    amfischer2 Posts: 12 Member
    don't don't buy it. Just get it off YouTube.com. That way you can skip the long boring stuff at the beginnign. Also, it's FREE!
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    I managed to do itg at 160 pounds, 240 pounds, and 220 pounds. You will master the exercises as time goes on. Some were easy the fist day, some were not manageable for me on the first day. I was good on 98% of the exercises by day 7 and Level 1 became a breeze after day 8.

All in all, it is a great workout and well worth the $7 bucks I paid for it. So, I say go for it. You will cuss JM out durng the DVD but you will not regret your purchase after seeing the results it does to your body.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I did it when I first started out and had never exercised a day in my life. You can do it.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    If 88.74% of the women in this site can do it, I'm sure you can too. Order away.

Also: is it too late for me to buy stock in Jillian? She has to be worth a billion dollars by now

This is totally why I pirate her stuff....She makes way too much money off of a 20 minute cardio video.
  • I have the dvd, its really hard, but that's the point of exercise, to push your body to create change! so yes, get it! :)
  • ashalfy
    ashalfy Posts: 7 Member
    Jillian will show you how to modify a move for your exercise level. I have seen success from all of her dvds. They are a great investment!
  • Jday71
    Jday71 Posts: 39
    I will be doing day 14 tomorrow. I love it but it is difficult.
  • Jday71
    Jday71 Posts: 39
    I will be doing day 14 tomorrow. I love it but it is difficult.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    I did it when I first started out and had never exercised a day in my life. You can do it.
    This^

I was about 260 lbs at the time.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    the 30ds is free on youtube.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    BUY IT!! BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!! And DO IT! It is wonderful. I love it so much. I've gone through it 2.5 times, and am now on my 3rd round. You don't have to do it every day like they say, and it isn't hard after the first 6 workouts or so. It's just challenging enough if you are new to weights, and is a perfect starting place. JM is very motivating in the DVDs to me, and it's a fast (20-25 min) session. 100% recommended.
  • minikhan95
    minikhan95 Posts: 52 Member
    GO FOR IT!!! Our gym does it together as a class. It's just about the most intense thing I've done in a while. Day 2-4, I felt like surely I've died but don't take breaks!!! By day 8 the pain was gone meaning I built endurance! I'm about to do level 2 day 1! Good luck!! :)
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Don't buy it!

You can find all three levels for free on YouTube!

I've just started it, but I love it so far. Once I'm done with this, I'm doing Ripped in 30.
  • kmrowe1
    kmrowe1 Posts: 1 Member
    I just completed day 5 today and I am determined to do the whole thing...and if I die...well, then I wont have to worry about my weight anymore. But in the meantime, its mind over matter. WE CAN DO IT!!
  • Lory2528
    Lory2528 Posts: 12 Member
    I do the 30 day shred every other day. It's tough and I'm in the army, so it's deft not a stroll in the park. Good thing is that it's cheap and it works.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Do it! It is awesome. I still have not moved to level 2, but love the challenge of level 1 so far. I get a good calorie burn according to my HRM.