Most filling foods under 200 cals?

Options
2»

Replies

• 1987RFS
    1987RFS Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There is a great recipe for vegetarian cabbage stew at food.com that is only 141 calories per bowl (298 g).

http://www.food.com/recipe/vegetarian-cabbage-stew-296416

I've had it and thought it was great. Tasty and filling.
  • joanneg572
    joanneg572 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ZucchiniPastaampSauce2_zpsba4c8c2a.jpg
    JULIENNED ZUCCHINI WITH TURKEY MEAT SAUCE!!
    1/2 medium zucchini (use julienne slicer) ~30 Calories
    1 cup Homemade Ground Turkey/Mushroom/Green Pepper/Pasta Sauce ~150 Cals
    1 Tbsp. light Parmesan Cheese ~22 Calories
    Place julienned zucchini in large bowl. Top with sauce. Microwave for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan.
    Super Yum!
    Total= 202 Calories
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% PLAIN greek yogurt
    1/2 cup mixed berries (I buy the frozen kind from Target)

190 cals
    18g carbs
    20g protein
    4g fat

Delicious and filling.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    oatmeal. or cereal..... I use SILK unsweetened almond milk which is 30 calories a cup. A cup and 1/2 of cheerios w/a cup of the almond milk comes in under 200 calories. I often have this for breakfast & i am full for a while

Greek yogurt is a good option, a single serve of Chobani in any flavor i believe comes in under 200 calories. (i think they range about 150-180 cals depending on the flavor)

High protein foods curb my appetite for a while, but i don't know if many will qualify as very filling in portions under 200 cals...but If you are not opposed to protein bars or shakes, it's easy to find ones under 200 calories and they always fill me up for a while
  • em1821
    em1821 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • leenie96
    Options
    Oatmeal! Soooo filling, a half cup of uncooked rolled oats is 150 cals, a cup of unsweetened almond milk is 40 cals, add a little bit of cinnamon and bam, you have a small meal that feels like a full meal. Great way to start the day.
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    raw veggies. I carry a bag of carrots in my purse at all times. Zucchini I find crazy filling, & is really low cal. Celery is great, too. For more nutrition density, low fat cottage cheese is my fav high protein food - half a cup (100g) is only 70 cals, and 14 grams of protein :)
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I love the ideas for actual meals here. I'd much rather eat something that resembles a meal for 200 cals, than 2 Tbsp of Peanut butter.
  • lma0423
    lma0423 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2% Fage greek yogurt with Honey
    really good and so filling sometimes i cant finish it all
    Make sure you dont stir the honey into the yogurt - SO gross, it even warns you on the package.. First time I ate it I didn't see that..