Mini Goals

Options
I was just thinking about some of the mini goals I have for myself to keep me motivated. I was just wondering what are some of your goals?
Always looking for more great support/ add me as a friend

Replies

• freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I set myself nutritional goals. One week I go low sodium, the next I try to eat more fruit, etc. But yeah I set something healthy to strive for each week.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I try to find something interesting about a specific lower weight. For example, when I weighed as much as my Driver's License stated. The most recent mini-goals for me were 204.6 lbs, because I would no longer be classified as obese by the WHO and then 199.9, because it is under 200 pounds.
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am going 5 pounds at a time... i have so much to lose that otherwise i get frustrated and quit.
  • candirose69
    Options
    my first was to get my BMI out of obesity :)
    But i have also tried getting my 5 veg and 2 fruit everyday
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I get obsessed with the number on the scale really quickly, so I try to aim for Non-Scale Victory style goals.. past and current examples:

Run for 1/3/5/10/30 minutes or 0.5/1/3/5 miles comfortably
    Chest press 10/15/25kg
    Sign up for a Personal Trainer (had 1st session yesterday and loved it - I had been too nervous before!)
    Eat 4/5/6/7/8 servings of fruit/veg a day
    Drink 1/2/3 litres of water a day
    Join a yoga/kickboxing, etc class
    Cut down/out alcohol/fizzy drinks/takeaways

And so on! Anything that incorporates "health" and general fitness into my life - this is a lifestyle, not a diet. I have to make changes that I can try and keep up with for the next (hopefully) 60+ years of my life!
  • rennisonj
    Options
    I have things I want to achieve in the near future - for example, it's my friend's hen night next month and I have a specific dress I want to fit into. At the beginning of March I'm running a 5k (never run at all before) and people have sponsored me so I want to do it well. At the end of March it's my friend's wedding, and again I have a specific dress I want to wear. It helps me to have things in my 'normal' life that losing weight will help me do.
  • sweetsarahv
    sweetsarahv Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    my next one is to get below 200...sure is taking a while :) 6 more pounds!!!!
  • ChattyKathy316
    ChattyKathy316 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have things I want to achieve in the near future - for example, it's my friend's hen night next month and I have a specific dress I want to fit into. At the beginning of March I'm running a 5k (never run at all before) and people have sponsored me so I want to do it well. At the end of March it's my friend's wedding, and again I have a specific dress I want to wear. It helps me to have things in my 'normal' life that losing weight will help me do.
    I love this! I've found that I slim down much faster than what the scale seems to tell me. Trying on my tighter clothes and seeing they aren't as tight... that is an amazing feeling! That keeps me motivated for sure!
  • ChattyKathy316
    ChattyKathy316 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about some of the mini goals I have for myself to keep me motivated. I was just wondering what are some of your goals?
    Always looking for more great support/ add me as a friend
    I have a couple
    1. The scale: I have a long term goal, but I've broken it into 5 lb milestones and asked my husband to surprise me with something (not food related) when I reach them. :happy: Getting my first surprise this weekend!
    2. I'm doing a run, my first, with my husband in three months. This would be a double bonus, I'd be able to run (which is very exciting for me) and I'd be able to do this with my husband which I would love so much.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have set mini goals of 5 lbs a month, I just achieved my first one today. On January 2nd i said i wanted to lose 5 lbs by January 31st and i weighed myself to day and was down 5.5 lbs, 13 days early!!!! So now onto another 5 lbs by February 18th
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My overall goal was to lose 60 lbs and to do it by my daughter's 2nd birthday, which is in Sept (after seeing the pictures of myself and how terrible I looked at her 1st birthday party). So I decided that to keep myself on track I'd set the goal of 30 lbs down by March 1st. I'm ahead of schedule as I have already lost 25 lbs so now I've bumped up my goal to lose the other 5 lbs by my next dr appointment on Feb 13th.
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have lots of goals--goals I can control and goals I can't completely control.

My goals I can control are to weigh in every single day and log the weight and to record every single thing I eat, no matter how much in the red it makes me. These things I can accomplish every day and I am very proud to say that I accomplished goal #1 every day last year and goal #2 so far every day this year.

Another goal is to run a 5k, but I've broken that down into shorter goals. First I just wanted to run for a minute, then worked up to 5 minutes, then 1/2 a mile, then a mile, then 15 minutes. My goal now is to go 2 or 3 minutes longer each week. This goal I have quite a bit of control over, but not complete control. Each time I meet one of these goals I get a sense of accomplishment.

Another goal is to get steadily stronger in my lifting efforts so that I can maintain my LBM. Each day I lift I feel proud.

Finally, the ones I can't completely control are my weight loss goals. My first weight loss goals were just to lose 5% of my current weight. I've met that goal 3 times now. My next weight loss goal is to lose about 30 lbs by the end of August. That's so that I can wear my wedding dress on a cruise (short, blue cocktail number). As long as the dress fits, I don't really care how much I've lost, but 30 lbs would put me weighing what I weighed when we got married. Currently I weigh the same as I did in September but I've lost 7" total from my body, so I'm happy with that.
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Here are my mini goals:
    Aiming at 2lb loss per week: Jan2-Mar31 (12 weeks)
    1st Goal: 20lbs
    Jan=192
    Feb=186
    March=180

Aiming at 1lb loss per week:April1-May31 (8 weeks)
    2nd goal: 10lbs
    April=176
    May=170

The plan is to end up at each of those targets by the end of each month.

From there I'll start weight training and my goals will focus on toning and losing another 10lbs of fat.

Anyone can add me as a friend by the way!