Protein without Fat

Options
Hi there, I rally have been trying to increase my protein intake. The only problem is that when I do they are usually also high in fat! What is out there that will give me protein and keep me full, but not give me so much fat intake?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    tilapia. 1 pound has 84 grams of protein, 440 calories and 10 grams of fat.

i'm not certain but i think tuna is about the same.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    egg whites, greek yogurt, lean meats, and protein powder
  • nearptr
    Options
    Birds are generally not very fat...
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Shrimp.

But fat isn't bad for you.
    Fat is awesome for you, actually.
  • theletup
    Options
    Whey Protein Powder (find one with low sugar), eggs (whites or whole are both good but stick to whites if you're close on cals or fat), chicken, lean turkey, lowfat cottage cheese, Greek yogurt.
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Shrimp.

But fat isn't bad for you.
    Fat is awesome for you, actually.

Agreed.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the fatty proteins, like from salmon, is the good kind of fat that your body needs, that can help counter the bad kind of fat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    As others have said, fat is good for you (just avoid trans fats) - but if you want to 'save' the calories, whey protein is probably your best bet.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    Some really good options for you would be canned tuna, baked chicken breast, and fat-free plain Greek yogurt.
  • Ap105786
    Ap105786 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will definitely try some of these foods! :) And it's not that I think fat is bad, I just was eating things that had so much fat that it wasn't really worth the protein.
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Non-fat Greek yogurt; delicious and, the case of plain, versatile.

I recently posed basically the same question in another thread; you may find a few more options here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/814166-lean-proteins
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I increase my protein with Ensure High Protein...and if I need fats I eat avacados (they're on sale now!!!)
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I get my protein mostly from skinless chicken breast, skinless turkey breast, and nonfat greek yogurt.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hodgson Mills Bulgar Wheat w/ Soy
  • Juggernoobs
    Options
    1) Scrambled Egg Whites (Looks Horrible, Tastes Normal)
    2) Chicken Breasts
    3) Protien Shake with water NOT milk.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Egg whites. Next to no fat. Low calorie. All protein.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    lean meats?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Whey isolates are like 90+% protein with almost no fat. Fat-free greek yogurt. Egg whites (or egg beaters). Skim milk. Lean meats. Lots of vegetarian 'meats' are low fat and high-protein.

But you're really missing out if you're doing a low-fat plan. Fat rocks.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I increase my protein with Ensure High Protein...and if I need fats I eat avacados (they're on sale now!!!)
    [/quote

want to add something here about ENSURE HIGH PROTEIN SHAKE...be careful!!!!! I started having issues with this...it effected me by making my brain shut down and I lost conciousness!!!!! was in a serious accident!!!!! I also have had other allergies lately, also gluten issues...but I HAD NOT HAD ANY GLUTEN within at least a few days....and it happened again 3 days after the accident...30 mins after drinking this...same timeframe each time.....I NO LONGER SUGGEST YOU DRINK THIS...BEWARE

and this protein is soy...my diet protein drink is also soy which I have used for 2 years....unless I suddenly became senstive to soy.....
  • kartikluthra
    Options
    ya protine is the best for fat....