Infertility, weight-loss and HOPE! (My story)

Options

Replies

• Jme03
    Jme03 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! We have been TTC our 1st for 6 years. I have PCOS & thyroid issues. We've tried clomid, femara, menopur, & metformin but nothing will make me ovulate or regulate my cycles. When I did my own research about PCOS, I learned that weight loss is the most effective treatment! My Drs never even suggested it.

This struggle with fertility is why I'm here losing weight. Congratulations on your beautiful children & here's to having my own some day! :drinker:
  • krispypan
    Options
    Well done! and congratulations, I also have pcos and have struggled for many years with weight and miscarriage issues. i am blessed to have had my second child last year and now am hoping to get the weight off for good.
  • ejgballerina
    ejgballerina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! So happy for you!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! We have been TTC our 1st for 6 years. I have PCOS & thyroid issues. We've tried clomid, femara, menopur, & metformin but nothing will make me ovulate or regulate my cycles. When I did my own research about PCOS, I learned that weight loss is the most effective treatment! My Drs never even suggested it.

This struggle with fertility is why I'm here losing weight. Congratulations on your beautiful children & here's to having my own some day! :drinker:

That's crazy your doctor never even mentioned weight loss as a treatment! It really can help for many people. I had read even losing 10% of your weight can make a difference. I'm so sorry it's been 6 years already. I have a sister with different fertility issues who eventually got pregnant after 8 years and 2 miscarriages. She has to go the IVF route but she's now having her 3rd. Don't give up hope!:smile:
  • kori333
    Options
    Having dealth with some IF issues myself, I would never, ever wish IF on anyone!

I agree! I wouldn't wish it on an enemy!
  • kori333
    Options
    Thank you for your story. Very inspiring and congrats on all 4 of your bundles of joy! That is one reason why I started losing weight. My fiance & I tried for baby #2 for about 2 years with no luck. So I decided to get healthier and lose weight.

Looks like you're well on your way to a healthier you! Good luck with everything!
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats on not only your weightloss but on your expanding family, your story truly touched me. My hubby and i have been trying for some time and although I did manage to get pregnant last year after only losing 15lbs it was an ectopic so now a year later I had gained all the weight back and of course periodes went away so i talked to my dr who put me on clomid did manage to ovulate but no pregnancy

joined a program and am now down a few lbs periods are back and i actually managed to ovulate on my own now we are not really trying but not preventing :) I too have severe PCOS and diabetic but now am no longer on my meds ( don't need them anymore !!) and am working on my blood pressure next but feel great working out and plan on keep doing it when i get my miracle baby

Thanks again for sharing your story
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Congratulations on #4.
  • montsefamily
    Options
    Awesome! You look great and happy!
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yeah, congratulations! I am one of 6 kids!
  • easycure
    easycure Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    beautiful <3
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! :happy:
  • justwannadance
    Options
    This gives me hope. I have struggled with PCOS for over 4 years. No baby ywt. Miscarriage in April of 2012. Weigh 209 pounds right now. Yikes! I'm ready to LOSE!!
  • HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I don't typically comment on sucess stories, but this is beautiful! Congrats to you from one momma to another! I can only imagine the struggles you overcame. You look great!:bigsmile:
  • amandalking2
    amandalking2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love this story. Congrats!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This is such a great story and wonderful inspiration for those that struggle with IF. It took 2 years to conceive our first baby so I can relate to that. Congrats to you on your 4th miracle. Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much for sharing. I really appreciate it as I am hoping to get pregnant sooner than later for the first time. Right now I have only been trying for a few months but I already feel like it is hopeless. so thank you for sharing and showing it just takes time
  • Louder4
    Louder4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Another Mama of 4 here (yes on purpose)! Congrats on your pregnancy and getting/staying healthy!
    Keep up the great work!
  • sjscobie1982
    Options
    Wow what a lovely and beautiful story! Well done you have done amazing and you're babies are beautiful x
  • ShannieRay
    ShannieRay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    TRULY AN INSPIRATION!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!