opinion/advice What foods

Options
Okay guys! Need an opinion/advice What foods would you recommend for a healthy lifestyle (beginner getting back on track) I'm talking recipes? Home made smoothies, breakfast foods, lunch, snacks etc!! SHOOT!!

Replies

• maryrussosimeone1
    Options
    I found some great recipes on Dr. Oz website. I have been making breakfast burritos... egg whites, chopped onions,salsa in a Mission multi grain wrap. I love it also Greek yogurt, oats and frozen mixed berries. I don't even feel like I am dieting. You can also use a crock pot. Either make a marinara sauce or buy a store bought one, take skinless chicken breast or thighs with some peas broccoli season with salt, onion, garlic and pepper let simmer for about 4 hours. Prep time is less than 5 minutes. You can add some parmesan cheese. Very good and you won't feel like you are dieting. Check out Dr. Oz website for tips about foods that speed metabolism and help you to feel full. I just started 6 days ago and I have already lost 6 pounds! Good luck and I hope the info helps!!
  • livingdeadlifter
    Options
    In general, go for minimally processed and/or unprocessed foods. AKA: vegetables, fruits, meat, eggs, fish, nuts, fats (YES FATS, they are good for you and satiating), dairy if you tolerate it, tubers if you tolerate them (potatoes), whole grain products (e.g. oats, quinoa, etc) if you tolerate them, and very very minimal sugar.

Breakfasts: oatmeal with nuts and berries; omelets with vegetables; scrambled eggs and bacon (keeps you full for so, so long); Greek yogurt with fruit and a side of nuts; 2 TBSP natural peanut butter on some oatmeal; smoked salmon with cream cheese (on a bagel if you absolutely want it on a bagel but I eat it without a bagel these days)

AllRecipes has a lot of good stuff and lists nutritional information for most recipes. Check that out. Also realize that the quality of what you eat is very, very important. Hope that helps!