"I Can't Believe This is Me!"

Options
Stenobun
Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
I already crowed about it on my home page, so I apologize to my friends who might see me going on and on, but I thought it bears repeating. :)

Yesterday I actually RAN. It was just short 30-second intervals every two minutes for half an hour, but I never, ever thought I'd see the day when I would be running. We're talking about the girl who never even ran in high school, the girl who's been really overweight since she was about 13. A friend of mine asked me to go to the gym with her three days a week after work because she wants to run a 5K in the spring, and yesterday she encouraged me to give a short run a try. And I did it, looking up in amazement at her every time I finished a burst of running. And she would be grinning and clapping for me, and I felt on top of the world! What really amazed me was that I was tired but not at death's door. In the last five months of being on MFP logging, exercising, and losing weight, I've actually gotten to the point where I can do hard exercise without huffing like a beached whale. And to top it off, this morning I was down half a pound. It's like my body is thanking me. :):)

Thanks, MFPers. I just had to share.

Replies

• Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Congrats!!!! :drinker:
  • Jay9Abrahams
    Options
    Wow, thats awesome. Good job!
    I've been wanting to start Running for a while now, but i'm so worried my legs are going to break...lol
    Think i will definately give it a try.
  • LanadO
    LanadO Posts: 11
    Options
    Way to GO!!!!:smokin:
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    congrats and enjoy the amazing accomplishment!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your story
  • FitbitRed
    Options
    Congratulations

Baby Steps ;o)
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!!
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:

So happy for you. I know how hard you are working for this and am in awe to be a friend who is going to be with you right to the goal. :smile:
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow, thats awesome. Good job!
    I've been wanting to start Running for a while now, but i'm so worried my legs are going to break...lol
    Think i will definately give it a try.

You should! I'm the originial if-I-can-do-it-anybody-can-do-it girl! :)
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW AND WOW!! well done! xx
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Running is something I aspire to do and will begin doing this year. Keep it up :)
  • Lizsullie
    Lizsullie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. And it's great that you have such a supportive friend! I've read many posts about friends/family members sabotaging someones journey so this is a breath of fresh air :)
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is outstanding! Keep up the hard work!!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats to you.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    THATS GREAT!!! great feeling !! keep it up!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats on breaking through! Rock on!
  • mogzBH
    mogzBH Posts: 50
    Options
    That is so fantastic, well done. How lovely of your friend to be cheering you on.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    BRAVO, HONEY :drinker:
  • emzerkate
    emzerkate Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's the best feeling in the world... U are a runner!, way to go!
  • karenhere
    Options
    Very inspiring post! It confirms what your soul already knew....you really can do anything you put your mind to. Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!