Weekend help needed

Options
This will be my first weekend since I started MFP. I can easily get into a routine/schedule for the week days and this has helped keep me on track. I am nervous about the weekend though. Any helpful tips on how to stay focused and on track?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Plan your day. Plan your meals. Get out of the house and do something non food related (go to the cinema, walk in the park, visit a museum)
  • MegDaig
    MegDaig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you simply have to make yourself do it. Progress is often derailed because people think they can work hard and be ''perfect'' only 5 days a week and do whatever on the weekend; you can undo 5 days of work in a single day. The key is being consistent.
  • emzerkate
    emzerkate Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead! Prepare ur lunches and snack so they are ready to go..
    Also if ur allowing urself a treat meal which I do on a Saturday night, make sure u put in the extra exercise for it..
    Enjoy it and don't feel guilty.

If u have that to aim for then u will keep going with the rest of ur healthy eating!!

Good luck u can do it!
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    If you find the asnwer please let me know! I need help Friday thru Sunday too. I can do well all week but then the weekend comes and I want to drink BEER!! I know it'd be way more girly if I wanted wine or something but nope I just want Bud Light, LOL! If you want send me a friend request and we can try and stay in contact this weekend and help each other out!
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Plan, plan and plan some more. Then there are no excuses then that you ate badly as you had nothing in.

And if you want a beer (I'm with you there!), have one! :drinker: Just try not to have the whole crate :laugh:
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ugh Saturday is always the hard one for me. But as everyone else has said, plan ahead! But also don't beat yourself up if you do cheat. Not the end of the world or your diet!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 months in and I still struggle with the weekends. I joined a challenge on here that requires Monday weigh-ins, and that REALLY helps keep me in check during the weekend. Every time I would think about ordering something "bad" at a restaurant or having that extra drink, etc. I just think about the Monday weigh in.
  • 1newcat
    1newcat Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The thing that has helped me the most is doing what i want to the least... I go to the gym every saturday morning for cardio. It keeps me in check Friday night cause i don't want to feel like crap there the next day and usually the choices i make the rest of the day are good because i didn't go bust my butt on the elliptical for 60 minutes to waste it on a french fry. Lol

It's really the only thing that has kept me on track, focused and reminding me this is my life now- not a job inget the weekends off from :) good luck!