good shake???

Options
would anyone recomend a very very vey tasty chocolate shake that also would help to recover after workout and lose weight? Is that too much to ask :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like whey protein powder chocolate peanut butter made by Body Fortress. It's about the best one I've tried.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Caramel Toffee Fudge with chocolate PB2 mixed in, uhmazing!!!
  • MegDaig
    MegDaig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk, whole milk.

Know that shakes are not necessary. Solid food works well also, simply focus on getting a good amount of protein with a bit of carbs to get your insulin spiked in order for your muscles to receive the nutrients you are providing.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I hear the shake weight is pretty satisfying.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I like whey protein powder chocolate peanut butter made by Body Fortress. It's about the best one I've tried.

Sounds yummy
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Caramel Toffee Fudge with chocolate PB2 mixed in, uhmazing!!!

Yummy!!!
  • robpbeachbod
    Options
    I like shakeology! the new chocolate one tastes amazing and i feel so good after it
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I like shakeology! the new chocolate one tastes amazing and i feel so good after it

Says the Beachbody "coach". :grumble:

I like Optimum Nutrition as well. I mix the double chocolate with 8 ounces of milk for my post workout protein.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    chocolate whey protein powder
    plain greek yogurt
    squeeze honey
    fresh frozen strawberries
    flax seed
    milk (to thin it a bit)
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    33599861.jpg
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Optimum Nutrition. Chocolate mixed with a cup of 1% Milk is my fave!! Of course the GNC Whey Isolate in Chocolate mixed the same way is also quite good.
  • Katie5961
    Katie5961 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I will second the Shakeology. It really does live up to its claims. Don't hate until you try it!
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Protein powder of your liking mixed with half cup almond milk and banana and 2 table spoon fat free whipped topping (I freeze mine).
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard
    Myofusion Probiotic Series
    BSN Syntha-6
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I will second the Shakeology. It really does live up to its claims. Don't hate until you try it!

Second shakeology recommendation coming from a beachbody coach, too.
  • Dreawolf
    Dreawolf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Consumer reports did a test and found aersenic in some products. Check out protein drinks under consumerreports.org before you decide what you want.

I use Herbalife products because they have been well known and been around for 32+ years. They have products designed for althletes too and was ranked #1 by Triathlete magazine (and it's chocolate flavored).
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    VEGA SHAKES! They are not a meal-replacement but they have so much amazing nutrition and goodness!

http://myvega.com/products/vega-one-shake/features-benefits

I have a big bucket of the chocolate stuff and it's THE PERFECT post-workout drink! I usually put 1.5c of soy milk, a banana and a scoop of the powder and tada! They also have a berry flavour which is soooo good and two diff vanilla flavours.

I promise I am not an "ambassador" for these people.. I just love this stuff that much lol
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Muscle Pharm Protien chocolate, add 1/4 of bananna, 1/4 of oatmeal, 3/4 of low fat milk, a tsp of peanutbutter.... aaaammmazing ;)
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Shakeology, then Herbalife.

33600158.jpg
  • Katie5961
    Katie5961 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Second shakeology recommendation coming from a beachbody coach, too.

And I would have made the recommendation before I was a coach.