protein??

Options
I can't seem to stay below the amoint of protein grams I am suppose to be consuming!! How important is this and if it is any suggestions? I excercise daily doing between 30 and 60 min.of cardio and 40 to 40 min.strenghth training.

Replies

• danieyell1969
    Options
    40 to 60 min *
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Lol. You shouldnt be trying to stay below your protein goal. You should be meeting OR exceeding it.
  • danieyell1969
    Options
    Well thats just it I am really exceding it up to 50 grams more than what this chart is telling me !!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Not sure what chart you r referring to. The default MFP values r very low and can be changed at Goals, Change, Custom. You should be getting between .5 and. 75 grams per pound of body weight.
  • Chevyman90
    Chevyman90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When strength training your body needs the protein for energy and muscle growth. I consume a protein bar before, during and after a long workout. MFP tells me I need 107grams but I intake about 175grams with excellent results, just make sure your not eating too much fat and eat healthy protein like chicken, nuts, shakes/bars, etc.
  • danieyell1969
    Options
    Well thanks for that input. I have been very cautiouse staying away from bad carbs and fats. Most proteins re coming from chicken and fish as well as low fat cheeses.
  • SweetLikeBacon
    Options
    Well thanks for that input. I have been very cautiouse staying away from bad carbs and fats. Most proteins re coming from chicken and fish as well as low fat cheeses.
    What do you consider bad carbs? There is nothing wrong with carbs and fat as long as they fit under your calories. Also, I would change your carbs/fat/protien numbers to around 40/30/30 or something like that.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • danieyell1969
    Options
    Sugar is bad carbs anything that turns to sugar in your body whit bread , white rice , white pasta !! Whole grains are the ones I eat.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I am always over my protein, Im happy just staying under the calories, mmmmm meat
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yikes! You should not be staying below daily protein requirements. YOu should meet or exceed them.
  • danieyell1969
    Options
    Good to hear !! I stay under my carb , calories, and fat intake everyday. Just wasnt to sure about the protein.
  • MegDaig
    MegDaig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You need a minimum of 1g protein per pound of body weight. MFP grossly underestimates protein requirements in trained individuals. 0.45g fat per # BW and the rest from carbs...