Thinner FEET?

Options
I apologize for being so naive, BUT, is it possible to lose weight in the feet? I've noticed that my nice work shoes are suddenly a little looser and are slipping off my feet on occasion. I am not sure if it's weight loss or the muscles in my feet are getting a better workout these days since I'm active every day.

Anyone experience this problem?

Replies

• celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yeap!

I went from a 8.5/9 down to a 7 -7.5! Also need new glasses now :P
  • hazelohoheight
    hazelohoheight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I apologize for being so naive, BUT, is it possible to lose weight in the feet? I've noticed that my nice work shoes are suddenly a little looser and are slipping off my feet on occasion. I am not sure if it's weight loss or the muscles in my feet are getting a better workout these days since I'm active every day.

You may have had some swelling in your feet. Maybe you were retaining fluids, especially if you have a sedentary job. Depends a little on your age and other health status. The other thing that happens is that as you lose weight your feet don't "spread out" as much when you are weight bearing, so there could be some narrowing.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

You may have had some swelling in your feet. Maybe you were retaining fluids, especially if you have a sedentary job. Depends a little on your age and other health status. The other thing that happens is that as you lose weight your feet don't "spread out" as much when you are weight bearing, so there could be some narrowing.

I tend to think it is fluid related too. I am a teacher, so I definitely do NOT have a sedentary job. I do know I've been dropping weight quickly because I went back off gluten laced foods. I'm thinking the weight loss is most likely fluid or inflammation related. I just never considered my feet as "swollen" because they are long, skinny and very ugly.

:laugh:
  • mumtokeir
    mumtokeir Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I noticed this too and thought I was imagining it. Even considered stuffing the toes with cotton wool to stop my feet slipping out. Now I'll have to buy new shoes - what a shame. Thank for posting on this wordnerd45.
  • simonhearne
    Options
    Yep my shoes became loose after losing about a stone. It's not that they're the wrong size but that my fatter feet had stretched them!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Yep, my feet have shrunk a little too. I could barely walk elegantly in heels before, even less so now they're too big!
    Yeap!

:noway: Ok, the feet thing didn't surprise me, but for months now I've been wondering how/why my glasses have got stretched out! :blushing:
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    :noway: Ok, the feet thing didn't surprise me, but for months now I've been wondering how/why my glasses have got stretched out! :blushing:

Exactly what happen! thought I was going crazy thought I stretched them somehow and realized it was the weight ;)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Is it possible? Yes it is. I've lost a shoe size.

I doubt it from 7lbs though.
  • kmendes1210
    Options
    I was wondering this the other day when my shoe kept falling off! Thanks for all the info everyone, because I didn't know what was going on! lol
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Yeap!

Yes. Surely you've seen fat feet before?

I was a size 10. Now, I'm finding those too big and I need a 9-9.5. And, my glasses are loose too, lol!

Losing weight is expensive.
  • AshlynG923
    AshlynG923 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know I did!! All my shoes are too wide now!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Yes. Mine have gone down about half a size.
  • Tann33
    Tann33 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Same thing happen to me, shoes and glasses are loose:laugh:
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I have a pair of shoes that used to be a little too big. -90 pounds later, I can't even wear them; they all but fall off.
  • Nicki_101
    Nicki_101 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yup, went from a size 9-9.5 to an 8.5. Harder to find now though.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Sure is possible, and I certainly wish! (I am a size 11, sometimes 12 :laugh: ).

I don't carry fat in my feet, but some people do. Between fluid loss and fat loss, it can happen!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

I don't know if I would say it is a problem. I did experience weight loss in my feet as well. I use to be a 10 wide and now I'm just a 9-9.5. I can actually wear all the cute shoes and I take full advantage of it!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Yes, happened to me... I went from shoes being slightly uncomforable to the point I bought a few a half size up to now my 8.5 fit well and I had to give away my 9's... I agree with Nicki_101.. it's hard to find 8.5 mediums US Size - on sale!
  • speedgoose
    Options
    Yeah, happened to me too. I went down 1.5 sizes in my shoe size =)
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Me too. Glasses keep slipping down my nose and the new shoes I bought yesterday are 2 sizes smaller than the size I,ve been for years. (UK size 5 instead of a 6).