Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Postpartum Newbie!

elysae21
elysae21 Posts: 13 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone my name is Elysa;

-I'm 22
-Just had my first child 3 months ago
-Just started taking Oxyelite Pro
-In the Army stationed in Fort Bragg, NC
-177 lbs 5'4

I am just looking for someone to connect with in the same situation- (getting back into shape after having a baby) or (military personnel trying to pass tape)

Replies

• Jennie85
    Jennie85 Posts: 41
    Welcome to MFP Elysa

i had my third child 3 months ago ( jan. 26th) and my husband is in the army as well we r stationed in germany :)
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Hi there! I'm a new mommy too, well kind of, my son just turned 10 months old yesterday! I'm 5'5, 172lbs. I gained a whopping 44lbs during pregnancy and have realized they are much harder to take off than to put on. After I stopped BF I decided to start losing weight but considering we have had a few major changes in such a short time (living in 3 states since Wes was born) this process is taking a little longer than expected! But, I'm doing it. So far I've managed to lose almost 8lbs and my confidence is slowly creeping up as the numbers go down! I wish you the best of luck and know that I'm here for you! Congrats on the beautiful baby!!!
  • elysae21
    Hi there! I'm a new mommy too, well kind of, my son just turned 10 months old yesterday! I'm 5'5, 172lbs. I gained a whopping 44lbs during pregnancy and have realized they are much harder to take off than to put on. After I stopped BF I decided to start losing weight but considering we have had a few major changes in such a short time (living in 3 states since Wes was born) this process is taking a little longer than expected! But, I'm doing it. So far I've managed to lose almost 8lbs and my confidence is slowly creeping up as the numbers go down! I wish you the best of luck and know that I'm here for you! Congrats on the beautiful baby!!!

Well, My Nina was born on Jan 24, 2010 - I weighted a BIG-OL 203 lbs :) I BF up until last week (because I wasnt producing enough milk to feed her, and because i wanted to start dieting) I currently weight 177 (neck 13.5, waist 33.5, hips 44.5) and i have to loose atleast 26 lbs or 8% body fat! I have until July 25th to get it done, so let the games begin!
  • elysae21
    Welcome to MFP Elysa

i had my third child 3 months ago ( jan. 26th) and my husband is in the army as well we r stationed in germany :)

WOW, your tiny :) im jealous! hopefully I will get there soon enough. I weighted 150 before I was pregnant but I would love to get down to 140 -
  • mamaL0212
    mamaL0212 Posts: 12
    Hey Elysa,
    Welcome! I've been a part of this site for about 3 weeks and absolutely love it!! I just had my second child on February 2. I am trying to lose my last 15 or so pounds to be back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I really hope you like it here! feel free to add me as a friend. We moms need to stick together!! :) Good luck and take care!
  • Jennie85
    Jennie85 Posts: 41
    Welcome to MFP Elysa

WOW, your tiny :) im jealous! hopefully I will get there soon enough. I weighted 150 before I was pregnant but I would love to get down to 140 -

i am really lucky... i started out with 123lbs before i got pregnant with my third daughter i gained a total of 32 lbs (GEEEZ) lol
    i didnt breastfeed for long cuz i had a really bad mastitis... i had to wait 8 weeks to start a light workout (C-section)

i am pretty sure you will reach your goal in no time hon :D
  • krisdana
    krisdana Posts: 1
    I am having a difficult time losing this baby weight!! I have just had 2 babies in two years. I am not sure why it's not coming off! I am eating well, excersing moderatelty and lost minimal LBS. My littlest baby is 8 1/2 months.
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    I had my son Jan. 24 via C-Section and I lived in Fayetteville when I was younger.
    My dad was in the Army for 20 years and he spent four of them stationed at Fort Bragg.
    Good luck and congrats on the little one :)
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    new moms, and moms trying to lose baby weight - come find us in here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/84408-losing-baby-weight
  • perrenn
    perrenn Posts: 11
    Hi there!
    I'm a new-ish mommy too. My little girl is 9 months old. I've lost the preggo weight plus 10 pounds, but I want to lose another 15-20 to be back in 'wedding' shape. I did weight watchers for a while but have been stuck at this weight for about a month. Time to add on some exercise and get the rest of the weight off! Love to be friends! Need to keep motivated to keep working out.
    -Nicole
This discussion has been closed.