"I Can't Believe This is Me!"

Options

Replies

• THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started some jogging not too long ago and I'm up to 2 mins at a time now! Good job... Well done!!!!! :)) :wink:
  • vwpiper
    vwpiper Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You have done what I told the girl at the running store. "I want to run."
    Thank you for sharing and giving hope to those of us looking forward to the same accomplishment. (Feel free to add me)
  • Mcstephen
    Options
    Well done. It is amazing I still haven't got around to running, swimming is my bag. I shall have to find some swimming challenges to do. This is so encouraging.

I've logged in on Stephens MFP page. Lots of encouraging hugs, Joyce.
  • Rmoots
    Rmoots Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Job! All interested in starting to run should read "Run Your Butt Off"- Fantastic book, that has a realistic plan for starting to run.
    Congrats~:flowerforyou:
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! That's an awesome feeling :)
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    well done! That is a huge accomplishment!
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    that is great!!! you must feel great and so proud!! congrats :)
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! Way to go!! :drinker:
  • tgotthold
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    That's great! May it be the start of something amazing! x
  • Samanthahahaha
    Options
    Awesome! And that is GREAT you have such a supportive, encouraging friend, keep up the awesome work!
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    great job - keep it up! 7 months ago i was where you are... got up to 7 miles running before i broke my ankle, now i'm training for a half-marathon...

there is no too big...

there is no too out of shape...

you are amazing!
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's great! At some point I have dreamed of me jogging. I keep talking about it and thanks to your post, now I know its possible. WTG!!!!
  • mnmomto4
    mnmomto4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! That is the way I started too. I am now signed up for my first 10K in april! Will warn you. Running becomes addicting. I never thought I would say that but I love how I feel afterwards and how impressed I am with myself. Before you know it you will be racing those 5Ks too.
  • parrotlady66
    Options
    wow great job you have a very good reason to boast ... hip hip horay .. congrats to you :flowerforyou:
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You're a runner :)

You don't have to run far or fast to be a runner, you just have to run. Fair warning - you will get addicted!
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Well a huge congratulations to you and keep up the great work!
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yeah you!!! I know the feeling exactly. My goal since starting this "journey" was to run all of Greenlake (a 2.8 mile loop around a lake in Seattle, WA) without stopping. Took me 8 months to work up to it and the morning of I had my trainer and my sister (my inspiration) along with me. I was so nervous and scared I wouldn't make it but the closer we got to the finish the more excited I got cause I knew I was going to make it. When I crossed the finish line I actually balled like a big baby. I was so happy and proud of myself!! A year and a half later an I have ran a 5K, 2 10K's, a 15K and am signed up for a half the end of next month. I still get emotional when I'm running sometimes out of the shear amazement of how far I have come on this journey and how excited I am of the future possibilities!!!
  • mmmnhmr
    mmmnhmr Posts: 22
    Options
    That's such an accomplishment! That's how I started running too and I slowly increased my running/jogging intervals by one minute at a time until I was running 3 intervals of 15 min straight! You'll get there too! Keep it up :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!