1/4 of an eggplant, sliced and cut into quarters
    2 small shallots, sliced
    1 tbsp whole grain mustard
    2 tsp dijon mustard
    1/2 tbsp olive oil
    fresh thyme
    fresh rosemary
    black pepper

First, steam the cauliflower and carrots, but not all the way. they should still be quite firm. This will cut down on cooking time in the oven. Set aside.

Mix mustard and olive oil and herbs together. toss the remaing vegetables and place in a roasting dish. Coat the chicken in the mustard mixture and place on top of vegetables. Coat the cauli and carrots but don't add yet. Bake at 220C (just over 400F) for about 15 minutes. Add the carrots and cauliflower and bake a further 10-15 minutes (until the chicken is cooked through)

This meal is 276 calories. Usually this amount of veggies is a bit too much for me, so you could add another chicken breast and make 2 meals, or eat the rest of the veggies later. Enjoy!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Last night I baked chicken breasts then when they were cooked I spooned on a couple of tablespoons of pasta sauce, broke up a piece of light laughing cow cheese over top and served it on 1/2 a whole wheat pita and it was delicious!!
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This is originally a wing recipe, but the sauce is so good I changed it for chicken breasts.

Ingredients
    4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast.
    1 tablespoon corn starch
    1-1/3 cups soy sauce
    1/3 cup Mirin rice cooking wine* (or other white wine)
    1/2 cup honey
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
    2-3 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce* (or other hot chili sauce); omit chili sauce altogether for mild, sweet wings
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut chicken wings into sections at their joints, discarding the tips. Arrange wing pieces in a single layer in baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. In separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Mirin, honey, garlic, ginger, chili sauce, and cornstarch mixture. Pour sauce over chicken wings. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes; turning wings over in pan every 25 minutes. Remove from oven and leave in baking dish for 10 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cools. With tongs, roll each wing in the sauce to coat it completely; place on platter and serve.

*Mirin cooking wine and Sriracha chili sauce are usually found in the Asian aisle of your grocery store.

Nutritional Information. For 2 wing sections (or one whole wing), 74 calories, 2.5g fat, 10.5g carbs, 8.1g sugars, 3.6g protein, 9g fiber; Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 2 (or 1 point per wing section).
    Miam! Sounds great!
  • aero0811
    aero0811 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Homemade tandoori chicken with mint yoghurt sauce in a pitta, yum! :)
  • slotgambler
    Options
    New to myfitnesspal.com. The way I make it is cut in thin strips add chicken seasoning pound with hammer. Then soak in low fat ranch dressing the longer the better. Cook on G forman grill for 10 mins or until done. Dip in ranch or bbq . Thanks SK we eat this at least 2 times a week.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    1 lb of chicken breast
    1 package of taco seasoning
    1 can of cream of mushroom
    1 cup of salsa

mix all in a crockpot on low for 8 hours or so. shred the chicken and put the concoction over rice. It is very good!! My kids and husband love it. And I love it cause it took me 5 minutes to prep.
  • upmike
    upmike Posts: 2
    Options
    steam it, melt 1 tsp. low fat oleo, mix with 2 T hot sauce, dash black pepper, pour over breast when done
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Chicken lok lak is a favourite of mine.
    https://refugeekitchen.com/2017/07/30/chicken-lok-lak/
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Weber's Beer Can Chicken seasoning adds a lot of flavor to plain chicken breasts. I sprinkle it on and either grill the chicken on the BBQ or else cook it in a pan with half a tablespoon of olive oil and half a tablespoon of earth balance or butter. Cook until browned on both sides, and then I add a half cup of chicken broth and simmer for a few minutes. Serve with a salad, vegetables, rice or potatoes as you prefer. Even the chicken haters in my house will eat this.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I have chicken breasts marinating in teriyaki sauce right now for supper tonight. I just pound them with a meat mallet so they are the same thickness and let them marinate in the refrigerator in a gallon zip loc bag with teriyaki sauce. I will grill them on my George Forman grill. We are having baked sweet potatoes and green beans with them.
    Really easy and you can buy ready made sauces in different flavors or make your own.
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    SUNNY613 wrote: »
    Bump

lol..did you try all the recipes?

Tonight I had kebabs...chicken breast cut into cubes, marinated for just five minutes in soy sauce, tons of pre chopped garlic and real maple syrup. Put it on a stick, grill it. Grilled peppers and onions with it. Dipping sauces : extra of the garlic maple soy, and another one is 1/2 c real mayo, 1/2 c sour cream, add chopped rosemary and garlic to taste. This is my favorite dinner ever.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    I love this one: pound chicken breasts flat, saute onions, garlic,scallions in olive oil, add chopped spinach, dill, salt, pepper & cook another minute, mix in feta & ricotta cheese. put mixture on chicken breast & roll up. dip in egg & bread crumbs & bake seem side down. Really good. You can make up your own "stuffing" I've also baked it in cream of mushroom soup
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Yesterday - my sister prepared bacon wrapped chicken breasts with cream cheese filling ... Amazing.

Recommend all variations of this dish.
  • SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    GoodLardy wrote: »
    SUNNY613 wrote: »
    Bump

lol..did you try all the recipes?

Tonight I had kebabs...chicken breast cut into cubes, marinated for just five minutes in soy sauce, tons of pre chopped garlic and real maple syrup. Put it on a stick, grill it. Grilled peppers and onions with it. Dipping sauces : extra of the garlic maple soy, and another one is 1/2 c real mayo, 1/2 c sour cream, add chopped rosemary and garlic to taste. This is my favorite dinner ever.

hahaha...i tried a lot of them... some i have saved
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I made this MFP recipe yesterday .... Caprese Chicken ... I adjusted the recipe by using the marinade on the chicken (rather than on the broccoli) and served this with roasted veggies, corn on the cob and broccoli. The kids loved it!

4wbdfc1573zm.jpg

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/caprese-chicken-roasted-broccoli/
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I like to cut mine into pieces and marinate it in sofrito and sazon for about a day, and then pan fry it with some onion the next day (without oil) and eat it with yellow cauli rice & beans :)
  • CAC10456
    CAC10456 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My favorite stir fry, it's way better than any take out I've ever had. I use chicken breasts, served over white rice and include canned baby corn in the veggie mix.

https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/honey-garlic-chicken-stir-fry/