T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk3

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Bridget, I live in Maryland. I have a blended family with 5 kids, two live in FL, ages from 20 to 5. Just really trying to lose weight to be healthy. Tired of having no energy and generally feeling like crud. :)

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Have a great day!

Glad you are here with us. I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. We are all here for you. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay, so I had one really bad day and only one.. I will get through this.. they all say the 2nd week is the hardest.. I am going to really watch it this week and try to drink more water....

Kinda a little frustrated but I am not going to let it get me down at all.. I am going to continue on....

Congrats everyone...

Anita

You can do this, we are here for you. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well, I'm a little disappointed in only losing a pound and a half but I did wake up this morning swollen, dry mouth, and not real clear urine, so maybe I'm a little dehydrated from yesterday (my first exercise day). I drank more water than usual but I guess it still wasn't enough. I also have this horrible headache which is starting to subside. Also TOM just left today so maybe that had something to do with it too.

So as for exercising, since yesterday was my first day and I'm sore should I maybe just walk today and do the video the next day? Or should I endure the pain and go ahead and do it today? Just not sure what to do being new at activity. I don't want to overdue it but if its better to push through and continue I will, If it's better to wait I'm good with that too. What do you all think? Until I get a gym membership I am going to try to do 30 day shred just to start things off, it was hard as heck but I did push through it. I had a hard time walking for about an hour after my muscles just wanted to give in on me. But no pain no gain right? It must have helped because all week I had been showing at 2-3 lbs up until I weighed in this morning. Could be a coincidence I don't know.

What type of workout are you doing right now? If it only cardio based, then yes today would be a good walk day, then tomorrow do the video again. Switch every other day until your body gets use to activity again. You might look into doing some yoga as well, trust me it will help you overall. You can do this. Have a great weekend. :bigsmile:
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options

What type of workout are you doing right now? If it only cardio based, then yes today would be a good walk day, then tomorrow do the video again. Switch every other day until your body gets use to activity again. You might look into doing some yoga as well, trust me it will help you overall. You can do this. Have a great weekend. :bigsmile:

Hey, JJ

I just started the 30 day shred, I did it once before a few months ago (only once) and other than that have no exercised in about 12 years. So I guess it would be considered cardio and strength. I was thinking of yoga I did some classes about 15 years ago and at the time it was too slow paced for me but since Ive grown up I really think i might enjoy that. Any suggestions for some at home dvd's? Does it strengthen you are help with flexibility? I don't know a whole lot about it, as I used to do step classes and weightlifting mostly.
  • PecanTan
    PecanTan Posts: 47
    Options
    ragarza1~sw: 160/gw: 135/cw: 158
    acivitarese - sw156, gw125, cw154 Loss of *2* pounds
    egam- sw 205; gw 185; cw 197 same
    tmjack3326 ~ sw180, gw140, cw175 LOSS of *5* pounds
    bridgete sw 222, gw 160, cw 215 loss of *7* pounds
    nitag - SW 230/GW 145/CW 205 - = + 1 lb... ugggg
    kimmrdodge sw: 261.5 gw: 125 lw: 147.5 cw: 146 (loss of 1.5lbs)
    jjtonic75 sw: 206.8 gw: 155.0 cw: 165.8 loss of 3 pounds from last week :bigsmile:
    pecantan sw 300 cw 239.6 gw 150 Loss of *8.8* pounds

Hi everyone, I had a wonderful week I have really stuck with my meal plan and I try to get in as much walking as I can. My job requires me to be on my feet at all times and I try to walk where ever and whenever I can I take the stairs and I park my car as far as possible to get in those extra steps. I try to walk at least 12,000 steps just at work I do work 10 hours days so most of the day I get it done. I'm really proud of my almost 9 pounds weight loss this week I know that it may not be that every week but I will gladly take it for this week. All you ladies continue to keep up the hard work and don't get discourage that's what we have each other for when we need that extra support and believe we all will need it at some time or other, thanks for allowing me to be a part of the T.H.E. Team....:happy:
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    And...Here comes slow-poke Cindy...

jjtonic75 sw: 206.8 gw: 155.0 cw: 165.8 loss of 3 pounds from last week bigsmile
    cyndeebee sw 136 gw 120 cw 130 loss of .2 pounds so no real difference

Very small loss, but I'm happy with it. I even went to a Chinese buffet this week, and I stayed under calories. (Can't say the same for my friend...He had 2 heaping plates...)
    Don't know if I mentioned it or not (although my Facebook buddies likely know) - but I found a lovely new apartment. I was only half looking, decided to call about one in the paper, went to see it and loved it. So first I was going to move May 15th, but I know myself so well...and waiting an extra 15 days would drive me nuts. It's available May 1st, so that's my new moving day. That's in a week!
    I've been packing and sorting. I filled 45 boxes today. Everything in the living room is finished...working on the kitchen...
    So that's my workout for the next week or two.
    I'm not as careful with my food as I should be. Staying under calories, but not eating the healthy stuff. I'll fix that, though, once I get into my new place and can catch my breath.

You're all doing phenomenal on the weight loss journey. Even if you went up a bit, or stayed the same, you're still staying dedicated to the goal. That's a big part of it.
    And Kelli...You're doing a wonderful job, starting the new thread. :flowerforyou:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hey, JJ

I just started the 30 day shred, I did it once before a few months ago (only once) and other than that have no exercised in about 12 years. So I guess it would be considered cardio and strength. I was thinking of yoga I did some classes about 15 years ago and at the time it was too slow paced for me but since Ive grown up I really think i might enjoy that. Any suggestions for some at home dvd's? Does it strengthen you are help with flexibility? I don't know a whole lot about it, as I used to do step classes and weightlifting mostly.

Yoga will help you in all aspects of fitness levels. I honestly have only done Yoga X with the P90X program and LOVE IT. It is really hard but really good at the same time. You might look online or go to a fitness place near you to find some and try them out. It will help with your flexibility, breathing and strength, plus so much more. You will stand up straighter and hold yourself higher. Find an easy one to start out with and go from there. I know you will definitely benefit from it. Anyone would for that matter.

Have a great weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hi everyone, I had a wonderful week I have really stuck with my meal plan and I try to get in as much walking as I can. My job requires me to be on my feet at all times and I try to walk where ever and whenever I can I take the stairs and I park my car as far as possible to get in those extra steps. I try to walk at least 12,000 steps just at work I do work 10 hours days so most of the day I get it done. I'm really proud of my almost 9 pounds weight loss this week I know that it may not be that every week but I will gladly take it for this week. All you ladies continue to keep up the hard work and don't get discourage that's what we have each other for when we need that extra support and believe we all will need it at some time or other, thanks for allowing me to be a part of the T.H.E. Team....:happy:

Over 8 pounds? That is amazing, keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Cindy-Congrats on the new apartment. I know what it is like to get a new place and be so excited about it. I hope the move goes smoothly for you. Have a great weekend. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    pamh5555-sw215,gw125,cw194.5 Loss of *20.5* pounds
    jjtonic75 sw: 206.8 gw: 155.0 cw: 165.8 loss of 3 pounds from last week bigsmile
    Pawprint-sw178,gw130,cw135 Loss of one pound.

I'm pretty much maintaining right now. I lost one pound and one total inch off my arms. Half inch off both arms. They haven't haven't changed since December so I was shocked to see the number finally decrease when I measured today. TOM is coming though so my other number are lightly higher due to a little bloating.... which is crazy because until I started losing the weight, I never bloated. I could never tell or feel at least. Now I do....

So what did everybody do this week to help them with their loss? Anyone who gained, why? I know my walking as been a little more higher in speed. I've been a little more crazy this week. We have puppies at work, just born Friday morning and we've been busy with older puppies... I also got in more veggies this week. We made the choice to start doing more fresh veggies. No more box potatoes, they are so quick but so un-healthy yes I know... so now I've been peeling and cutting my own... no salt added either or sour cream, or bacon... just a little butter. My goal this week for me, is to try some new fresh veggies... I'm going to try making broccoli and cheese. It's the only way I'll eat it. Plus I'm making turkey chili this week. I try not to use the red meat unless I have to since it makes me sick. So, those are some of the things that I'm working on now and for next week. Plus my pop intake was less this week since we didn't have any in the house.

Also.... going on day 4-5 no smoking.... I'm ok. Jason is using the patch but I'm doing it cold turkey. I'm doing really well too. I haven't been in any smoke at all the past few days to even want one... I think that's going to help me get ahead is not being in it, not smelling it... plus I'm flat broke. Jason has to fill my car up just so I can get to work. I won't have any money until Monday when i cash my check. If I can go that long, what is the point of starting back up again.... hm yeah I think I'm good this time. I just keep telling myself how nasty they are, how bad they taste, how bad I feel after wards..... it's sinking in...
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I'm pretty much maintaining right now. I lost one pound and one total inch off my arms. Half inch off both arms. They haven't haven't changed since December so I was shocked to see the number finally decrease when I measured today. TOM is coming though so my other number are lightly higher due to a little bloating.... which is crazy because until I started losing the weight, I never bloated. I could never tell or feel at least. Now I do....

So what did everybody do this week to help them with their loss? Anyone who gained, why? I know my walking as been a little more higher in speed. I've been a little more crazy this week. We have puppies at work, just born Friday morning and we've been busy with older puppies... I also got in more veggies this week. We made the choice to start doing more fresh veggies. No more box potatoes, they are so quick but so un-healthy yes I know... so now I've been peeling and cutting my own... no salt added either or sour cream, or bacon... just a little butter. My goal this week for me, is to try some new fresh veggies... I'm going to try making broccoli and cheese. It's the only way I'll eat it. Plus I'm making turkey chili this week. I try not to use the red meat unless I have to since it makes me sick. So, those are some of the things that I'm working on now and for next week. Plus my pop intake was less this week since we didn't have any in the house.

Also.... going on day 4-5 no smoking.... I'm ok. Jason is using the patch but I'm doing it cold turkey. I'm doing really well too. I haven't been in any smoke at all the past few days to even want one... I think that's going to help me get ahead is not being in it, not smelling it... plus I'm flat broke. Jason has to fill my car up just so I can get to work. I won't have any money until Monday when i cash my check. If I can go that long, what is the point of starting back up again.... hm yeah I think I'm good this time. I just keep telling myself how nasty they are, how bad they taste, how bad I feel after wards..... it's sinking in...

First off, congrats on 5 days of no smoking. THAT IS AWESOME!!! I know you can do it.

On the potato thing, here is a suggestion. Instead of butter put cottage cheese, broccoli and fat free cheddar cheese on top. Maybe even a dash of Onion or Garlic salt.

Maintaining is just as hard if not harder than losing the weight. So good job on that as well. Keep up the great work.

Here is an article on maintaining that might interest you.

http://www.shape.com/weight_loss/best_diet_tips

Have a great weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Keep up the great work everyone!!! Have a beautiful weekend. :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    pamh5555-sw215,gw125,cw194.5 Loss of *20.5* pounds
    Losingit4good- SW 225, GW 200, CW 224.4- Lost 1/2 a pound

So its a loss. Not a big one, but Im happy to finally see the scale move in the downward direction. 2 weeks and it moves 1/2 a pound so I was a little frustrated, but decided to just really dig in and re-evaluate how Im eating. I know Im getting enough exercise.. that is definitely not the problem....so I conned Hubby into letting me buy the biggest loser cookbook finally. He just wants better options again and I know the feeling! I needed fresh idea's and so far we both are loving it.

I spent a majority of the day menu planning, grocery shopping and preparing a few things ahead of time. I have indian chicken salad pita pockets, broccoli salad with sweet vinaigrette, cucumber salad and london broil which i cooked ahead and sliced real thin to make wraps with. I decided I am no longer going to be buying lunch meat....but instead, broiling my own and slicing it up ahead of time so I can avoid all things I dont really want.

Anyway... Im still here! Still plugging along!! I've had a very busy past few days with the little ones I watch and this next week is gonna be crazy busy too, so Im gonna be focusing on getting my workouts in at home more than being able to hit the gym.

What is your favorite workout video for at home? I cant do pilates unless I dont wanna walk for a week.. LOL..but what is your favorite??
  • Iffer75
    Options
    So its a loss. Not a big one, but Im happy to finally see the scale move in the downward direction. 2 weeks and it moves 1/2 a pound so I was a little frustrated, but decided to just really dig in and re-evaluate how Im eating. I know Im getting enough exercise.. that is definitely not the problem....so I conned Hubby into letting me buy the biggest loser cookbook finally. He just wants better options again and I know the feeling! I needed fresh idea's and so far we both are loving it.

I spent a majority of the day menu planning, grocery shopping and preparing a few things ahead of time. I have indian chicken salad pita pockets, broccoli salad with sweet vinaigrette, cucumber salad and london broil which i cooked ahead and sliced real thin to make wraps with. I decided I am no longer going to be buying lunch meat....but instead, broiling my own and slicing it up ahead of time so I can avoid all things I dont really want.

Anyway... Im still here! Still plugging along!! I've had a very busy past few days with the little ones I watch and this next week is gonna be crazy busy too, so Im gonna be focusing on getting my workouts in at home more than being able to hit the gym.

What is your favorite workout video for at home? I cant do pilates unless I dont wanna walk for a week.. LOL..but what is your favorite??

Half a pound is better than nothing at all. Planning is definitely the key and you will see it helps in the long run. Good for you for planning and cooking ahead. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well, I had a very good weekend. I got my workouts in and ate healthy all weekend. Stayed within calorie range if not a little under. I even had some Special Dark Chocolate Chips and stayed under. It is getting easier to eat healthier on the weekends.

I have to tell you a little story about yesterday afternoon. I was changing into my pj's yesterday afternoon and I always seem to like to look at myself in the mirror. Lately I haven't been looking just for the fact, nothing has changed. So, yesterday when I looked I was astonished. First off, my stomach is so much flatter, even when I poof it out. I couldn't believe it and then I noticed the most awesome sight ever. I HAVE A TWO PACK!!! I didn't even have one of those in High School. It is the kewlest thing ever!!! It just makes me feel even better about myself and glad that I have done Insanity. I feel great and am starting to look great. What could be better? Well, other than my lower half. (That is what BBL is for)

I have 3 days left with Insanity and then I will do my 3 day Shakeology cleanse. Oh yeah, I also only have 9 pounds to go till goal now. WHOOOHOOO!!! Have a beautiful week everyone!!! :bigsmile:
  • BridgetE
    BridgetE Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow Jennifer, only 9 pounds to go?! I can't wait to get there myself.

Yesterday we went to Hershey Park. I ate breakfast before we left, my husband said he was going to stop at McD's, so one bad thing avoided. Didn't eat anything at the park, just the granola bar that I snuck in. Then we went out to eat and choose one of their healthly choices. So all in all, not a bad day.

Here's a question I have you all....I do okay during the day, but have trouble with snacking and choices when I get home at night. How do I continue with good choices once I get home?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Wow Jennifer, only 9 pounds to go?! I can't wait to get there myself.

Yesterday we went to Hershey Park. I ate breakfast before we left, my husband said he was going to stop at McD's, so one bad thing avoided. Didn't eat anything at the park, just the granola bar that I snuck in. Then we went out to eat and choose one of their healthly choices. So all in all, not a bad day.

Here's a question I have you all....I do okay during the day, but have trouble with snacking and choices when I get home at night. How do I continue with good choices once I get home?

Good job filling up before he went to McDonald's, I know how hard it is not to get something when everyone else is eating you.

Do you exercise in the morning or after work? I workout in the evening around 8pm to keep me from sitting on the couc all nite long. Between 6 and 7 I keep myself busy with little things until dinner. I have my healthy dinner and then busy myself again until my workout. Anything to keep you away from the kitchen. Sweeping the floors, going outside and enjoying the nic weather, doing laundry. Anything. If you are sitting watching tv all you are thinking about is food because of all the darn food commercials. Hang in there, it will get easier. You will get there before you know it. :bigsmile:
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    pamh5555-sw215,gw125,cw194 Loss of *21* pounds
    Losingit4good- SW 225, GW 200, CW 224.4- Lost 1/2 a pound
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    JJ!! That is AWESOME!!! Its funny how those moments happen in front of the mirror. Last year for me that happened a few times. Id get out of the shower and see myself and go... wow...you have normal arms now... or wow...your belly IS shrinking! Its an amazing feeling of accomplishment when you can see the different in the mirror and not just in how your clothes fit ya.

Another reason to take those before pictures ladies!! Even if you dont share them, they are a reminder later just how far you have come in your journey.

Planning a menu helps me MAJOR with dinner prep and snacks... especially at night. Make a plan for the week ahead of time and you'll be less likely to just grab something quick. Prepare things in advance like chopping up yer veggies to make meal prep easier. Its much faster, less clean up and helps you stay on track. I also found that putting things in the fridge in portion sizes helps me a TON. Like... I keep 4oz zip baggies of chicken breast (which is 1 serving) and other individual containers of the veggie salads I make up. That way Im not tempted to eat more than 1 serving by trying eyeball it when Im dishing it up. Its grab and eat. For me its about convience. I love eating healthy for me stuff... I just have to make it more accessible without having to do the work.. LOL

If you are getting the munchies...Try to get more fiber in to keep you filling fuller longer at night. If you are eating because you are hungry.. that could help alot.

Also, before you reach for a snack.. make sure you are getting your water in. It could be your bodys way of saying that you are thirsty if you are getting cravings in the evening. For me, I'm a boredom snacker, so I do what JJ does... i try to stay busy. If the housework is done, I'll edit photos on the computer, organize my grocery coupons, do some menu planning or find a game on pogo.com or facebook to keep my mind and fingers busy. I also tell myself that the kitchen is closed after the dinner dishes are done.. (mostly cuz I hate doing the dishes.. lol) but it also keeps me out of there. I might sneak in some no sugar chocolate milk or something, but usually thats enough. Decaffinated tea or coffee works good too for me, because its hot and takes a while to sip down but wont keep you up all night.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad for you Jennifer....I can't wait to get there...

My weekend. Lets see... Friday our internet went out and was out till like 10 pm... Then I chatted online with LI4G and Sheila... That was interesting lol...

Saturday morning we went and picked up all three grand kids and they spent the night... Sunday we went to my 3 yr old great niece's birthday party.. It was a hectic weekend..

I didn't eat great but I didn't over eat.. I didn't drink which I am very glad about...

Today has been an okay day... I'm still struggling with things to do.. The house is clean, laundry is done... I can't go outside cuz the wind is howling and blowing dust its nasty...

So I'm here for the evening ... Plan on doing my exercise tonight since I am not meeting with my trainer till tomorrow..

Have a nice day/evening all....