Kinda weird question for women

Options
So I have lost about 120 lbs so far, but my problem is my bust hasn't gone down much. I have gone from a 42 G to a 36 DDD. Have anyone else had this problem? I always heard that was the first place women lose weight. Maybe there are exercises I could do to help? Because I really don't want to be super top heavy forever and a reductions doesn't sound all that appealing to me lol

Replies

• TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the individual. If your bust are large when you are small losing weight will not make them smaller.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have lost 116 pounds and have gone from a DD to a D. So i have lost some in my boobs, but not a lot. I have a little ways to go, but I expect that they will not shrink a lot more.
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind if I lost a little bit in the bust. Maybe it would match my backside better.lol
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    As previously said, it all depends on the person.
    For me it was the first place I lost weight from and I'm still getting smaller. But for example my sister lost more than 50 lbs and her size only went down by a little and she's done with losing weight. :D
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I'm a 34D whether I'm 165# or 125#. I just learned to appreciate the consistency and wear good sports bras (the kind with wires and very little elastic, not the cutsy elasto-micro-tops that people call sports bras).

Spot-reduction doesn't really work, at least not the way people would like it to. I used to have an amazing butt, but it disappeared when I went from 135 to 125. So sad. I got it back with strength training (squats are awesome) and eating more, (I'm now squarely in the 140s and healthier). But I never wanted to lose my butt. Now I'm more careful about muscle mass.

But boobs ... there's not much to do about them other than restrain them during exercise and flaunt them on the town ;)
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Just like a 5'3 120# woman could be a 32A or a 34DD alot of it depends on your genetics. Are the women in your family also amply endowed in the chest? If so, you'll likely be top heavy even if you lose weight. My cousin lost a ton of weight but none from her tatas which resulted in her looking very disproportionate. She also suffered from a lot of back pain so she had a reduction.

I, on the other hand lose in the chest before I lose the stomach and a 10 pound loss will result in a noticeably smaller bust.
  • mjoslin1990
    mjoslin1990 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oh how I wish I had all of your problems. :( I've only lost 14lbs (of the 60 I need to lose) and I'm very close to dropping a cup size :( When I was skinner I was a solid 34B, after baby I shot up to busty 36C. Now 14lbs later I'm 2 inches smaller (in the boobs) and sitting at a smaller C :( I can only imagine whats going to happen when I lose more weight!
  • mnstrpc
    mnstrpc Posts: 109
    Options
    Well, I'm on the flip side (not even an A anymore, le sigh), but I actually never seem to gain or lose weight in my boobs.

I started as a not-especially-full-but-still solid B, during pregnancy and breastfeeding was up to a C, but after my second child was weaned that was when I dropped down to a "barely A." And that's where I was even before I lost the rest of the baby weight, losing an additional 15-18lbs didn't take any more away from the bust area (thank God, not like there's anything left to lose!).

So for me at least, the only fluctuations in bust size have been from pregnancy/nursing; gaining or losing weight does nothing with my chest. But as others said, I think it varies a lot by individual. Some women do seem to gain/lose weight in their busts when their overall weight changes.
  • witchiipooh
    witchiipooh Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i guess I am probably just stuck with them, when I gain weight that's where I gain first and when I lose weight that is where I lose last grr. But the women in my family aren't overly busty, I guess I just happened to be blessed, lucky me *rolls eyes* Thanks for the feedback everyone :)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    HUZZAH FOR BOOBIES!!!!!!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    33587937.jpg

:cry:
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    If i had the money to spare, I'd spend $12,000 on just the look you describe.

Own it.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I went from an overly full 38D to a 34C, and I only lost 44 pounds. Sucks!
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've only gone down a back size. Not even a cup size. Yet I've lost sizes in clothes and everything. It's so weird. Was expecting to lose a lot more. Doesn't go with the logic!
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    not true. everyone loses in different places first, not always in the boobs. face, back, and waist are the first to go for me. i have lost 40 lbs and am the same bra size for now. also had a breast reduction and would do it again in a heartbeat. its amazing how your posture improves, back pain subsides and make everyday tasks easier ( especially when it comes to exercising) if you have any questions about it or want to ask feel free to message me!! good luck.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm the exact opposite--lose it first in my upper body, gain it last. Now my belly--that's where I gain first, and it's the hardest to lose...argh. People think I'm preggo ALOT...sigh :(.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds and mine have went from a D to a B already. I'm happy about it though.

If yours are staying big, then they might just be your natural size.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Nope...that's all genetics unfortunately. The only way I know of that for sure works, is augmentation. And for the record, I'm not suggesting she do this, I'm just saying, that's the only sure-fire way to change the size/shape.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Dropped 30 lbs. . . went from 38 C to barely 34 B. Can't say that I even know what it is like to be a DD or above. Was a 38D nursing, but that doesn't really count.
  • julesassid
    Options
    So I have lost about 120 lbs so far, but my problem is my bust hasn't gone down much. I have gone from a 42 G to a 36 DDD. Have anyone else had this problem? I always heard that was the first place women lose weight. Maybe there are exercises I could do to help? Because I really don't want to be super top heavy forever and a reductions doesn't sound all that appealing to me lol

My reduction was the best thing I could have ever done. When you get to whatever your goal weight is and if you are not happy with your size, look into it. I can't tell you how amazing it is to wear a shirt that actually fits correctly. To wear a bra that doesn't have thick straps, and for people to look at your face first.
    But I think the most important thing I can tell you is GREAT JOB ON LOSING 120 LBS! That is so amazing!!!!!