2»

Replies

• Carolackrill
    Options
    :smile: thanks x
  • Findekano
    Findekano Posts: 116
    Options
    but 1200 is what mfp said i shud be eating is this wrong then?

The default settings are usually too low, especially if you don't have a lot more to lose. There are two main easy options here: Change your settings to 0.5lb/week, or up your activity level - if it's "sedentary", take it to "light" or "moderate".

The more accurate, but work-intensive way, is to use a calculator to find your BMR and TDEE. Your net should always be somewhere in between these two, preferably right in the middle or higher if you're close to your goal.

Most women can easily lose weight on 1500-1800 calories per day, depending on weight, height, and muscle mass. 1500 is a good number to aim for if you've been eating consistently low.

Whatever approach you choose, check your progress in a month and adjust from there, as long as you are in a healthy calorie range.
  • Carolackrill
    Options
    thank you and everyone for help glad ia sked now and i shall increase my intake too x
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    This is what worked for me... go to scoobys calculator (google it). Enter in your info and eat the number that pops up. I eat 20% less than my TDEE. 1200 wasn't sustainable (or even healthy) for me and now I'm eating over 2000 cals/day and losing. I do not eat back my exercise cals because they're built into his calculator.

ps, please use punctuation in your posts, they get to be hard to decipher :)
  • Findekano
    Findekano Posts: 116
    Options
    This is what worked for me... go to scoobys calculator (google it). Enter in your info and eat the number that pops up. I eat 20% less than my TDEE. 1200 wasn't sustainable (or even healthy) for me and now I'm eating over 2000 cals/day and losing. I do not eat back my exercise cals because they're built into his calculator.

ps, please use punctuation in your posts, they get to be hard to decipher :)

That's a great one. You can calibrate it, as well.