what were you labeled as in high school??

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Loser

BS!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Loser
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Partier/Stoner, but pretty much my entire high school was labelled that way. When you live in a small, mostly wealthy mountain town, there isn't much else to do but party.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Biology book (I actually didn't like biology, but I was good at. I picked up this nickname after I got known as the girl in the marching band who could help anyone understand their science homework. This reputation expanded to math and English but the nickname stayed the same. It wasn't used in a mean way, so I actually sometimes liked it. It was always said--to me at least--with a smile.)

Untouchable (I didn't know I had this one. I only learned of it after I graduated. Apparently boys would have crushes on me and none had the guts to ask me out. They all thought I'd say no. Ironically, most of them I had actually had a crush on myself at one time or another. A lot of them would eventually ask out my best friends instead. Grr... )

Perfect pitch (I got this one for an after school activity. I sang with a band and someone noticed that I had a knack for remembering pitches without anyone having to "lead me in." It was good and bad. It was great for starting a tune "A Capella" and then the band joining in for a big "impact" and us all staying in tune. It was bad if the guitarists decided to capo at the last minute into a different key because the cords were easier in that key--I had the devil of a time adjusting to a new key in my ear.)

Secret keeper. (I knew a lot of them, but told nothing. I was a pretty trusted confidant for a lot of people.)

I didn't get a lot of nicknames in general though, because my first name is rare enough as it is.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Didn't really have a label. I had friends in every group, from stoners to math nerds. But I always fit in better with the stoners.:bigsmile:
  • glittersupernova
    glittersupernova Posts: 91 Member
    Band geek

Punk/Goth/Freak, lol
  • Mom2boysca
    Mom2boysca Posts: 45 Member
    Partier/Stoner, but pretty much my entire high school was labelled that way. When you live in a small, mostly wealthy mountain town, there isn't much else to do but party.

That's here too besides the mostly wealthy it's about 60/40. Everyone was a stoner or hung out wit one or wanted to be one!
    Town is less than 4,000 people
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Fat band geek. Of course I played a big brass instrument, what else would the fat guy play, a picollo? Not likely.
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Fat2FitQueen Posts: 79 Member
    Ms. PIGGY which i did'nt care cause i always thought she was cute LMFAO :tongue:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Fat spotty shortarse. :sad:
  • purpleheart416
    purpleheart416 Posts: 34 Member
    I was pretty much invisible in high school. I guess my friends thought of me as smart and quiet.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nothing.

It was a huge school (3000 students I think, they build a new one soon after I left to take half the kids), we didn't all have labels. I was the poor nerdy girl in elementary school but by high school I was just one of the masses of unlabeled.
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    Nerdy jock. I was never sure how to take that one :huh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    I was also labeled a lesbian.
  • FitCowgirl8
    FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
    band nerd and the horse girl lol
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Nerd, band geek... and I hung out with other band geeks...
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    loser, fat, waste of space, stupid (I have a degree in engineering and a masters in management, ), failure.
    Least likely to succeed.....
    Also managed to earn a second degree black belt.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    someone has to notice you to give you a label

Untitled-1.jpg
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    I went to a relatively small high school (139 in my graduating class), and I was known as a music and theater person... though I hesitate to follow that with "nerd" since at my school those were actually respectable things. I'm happy to claim the title of nerd, though, if anyone wants to give it to me ;). At my school, a lot of the star athletes were also in music and theater, so it didn't have a negative stigma.

I know I had rehearsals before school and after school until about 10 most nights, so it certainly kept me out of trouble.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Nerdy jock. I was never sure how to take that one :huh:

Same here....it was like, on one hand you play football, run track, wrestle, lift weights, etc...but on the other, you're in ROTC and you have a 3.8 GPA an you're in honors classes. Nerdy jock.