For the newbies: here is what losing 80 pounds is like

Options

Replies

• 100by422012
    Options
    Love this! Thanks for sharing your journey and congratulations!
  • KirstySomers
    Options
    Love this, thanks!! x
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love your post. It is nice to see someone else's struggles particularly someone who has seen so much success. I think sometimes when those of us who are just starting out see someone as successful as you are, we forget that you are human and probably had the same struggles we are going through right now. Thanks for sharing! :bigsmile:
  • electricello
    electricello Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome, and also SO true! Last year I made it down nearly 30 lbs before I threw in the towel out of frustration with a plateau and managed to gain it all back. So this time I will at least know it's coming and be able to deal. :) Congrats on your awesome weight loss.
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options

3rd month - Um.... hello??? What happened? Why aren't we losing weight now. I didn't change anything. I even worked out more. Why do you hate me?!?!? I want cake!

7th Month - I'm going to kill someone right now. I hate this stupid diet. Why didn't I just stick with what I was doing before? It was working. Maybe not as fast as I wanted, but it was working. Where are the cookies??

jajajaja that was so hilarious! Awesome post! I'll def bookmark it for any time i need to get my thoughts in place :P
  • amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring post. I'm just starting out.
  • Lacarisma25
    Lacarisma25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I'm sooooo happy for you!!!. I am at that 2nd week mark and I feel exactly that way right now. Thanks for showing me that all those up and down feelings are ok and normal. I cant wait til I reach my goal. I have to bookmark this as well because it is very inspiring. I know this will really help me and a lot of others as well. Thanks for this and keep up the good work!!!!
  • shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This made my day :flowerforyou:
  • iknowiknow
    iknowiknow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Thanks for sharing!
  • Kirst412
    Options
    LOVE THIS! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!
  • LilBelieve
    Options
    Most definitely! :) Thanks for sharing!
  • curvynblonde
    curvynblonde Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This is great but I'm really hoping it doesn't take me 18 months to lose 80 lbs! I did it before in 11 so I'm hoping for a repeat. lol.
  • kkmonroe79
    kkmonroe79 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! It's so very true! :)
  • nneofyobizness
    Options
    Still in my 2 wk hope to make too 1mth . Thank you I agree ^--^
  • fbranch7
    fbranch7 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I am going through the FU plateau right now!!! I needed to see this. Thanks. :smile:
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Love this! You forgot a couple, though.

Month 11: OMG what is that lump? It's cancer! It's cancer! Oh wait, that's just a bone. OMG what are those nubbly little lumps? This time it's cancer for sure! Oh wait, that's just muscle.

Love it!! Or "Why is it so cold now? Oh yeah, I've lost my insulation."
  • kandacek21
    Options
    Love it. it's the truth... This is going to keep me motivated even more!!!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Love this post. I hope I can make it past the third month. I end up with cake.

Ha ha!! The cake is a lie!! (OK, not really. It's amazing and has fruit filling.) :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test.

:flowerforyou:
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    lol,
    I needed to see this today! Great post!
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Nice post!