When you want to punch your friends in the face...?

Options

Replies

• chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    She's so vain.. I bet she thinks this thread is about her.
    FTW!

Honestly, can't you and your girlfriends joke and tease each other? There is usually some truth in joking so your message would prolly come across without having to have a Come To Jesus sitdown with her where you explain her face is pretty and her attitude is ugly. Next time she does it just say something like "Ugh, can't we get through one conversation without you telling us how beautiful you are? We get it, you're a stunner."
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I usually tell Brett to punch me in the face!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Just punch her. What have you got to lose? In fact, you make break her nose, giving her an "interesting" face instead of a pretty one. Mission accomplished, I'd say.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    She's insecure and has to have people tell her she's pretty because she doubts that she is. Or she's an attention ho. It sounds just like some of my friends/family on facebook. If all they ever post is.. "I love my family", "I have the most amazing spouse", "life is perfect", etc etc., a divorce or split-up ALWAYS comes. People try to make their life look like it is the way they want it to be, because it isn't.
    I'd just ask her if she's insecure about how she looks because of they way she talks about it all the time. Then reassure her that she's not ugly. That should shut her up.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    pics of friend before we judge.

Agree!
  • GoneKona
    Options
    I prefer a hook to the liver over a jab to the face. Hurts more.

Preach it, brother.
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    without getting all Dr. Phil :smile: i think you should really sit and talk with her and find out why she does things of that sort. I know a man who came up to give his wife a hug while she was in the kitchen. He crept up behind her and did the "i gotcha grab" well she turned around abruptly and swiped at him with a knife. In his mind "this chick is crazy and i want a divorce" what he didnt know was that she was raped earlier in her life and the attacker did the exact same thing so it triggered something in her pyschosis. The first thing I had to learn when studying human behavior and Psychology was to ask "why do people do the things they do". I say all that to say we often times will become judge, jury, and execute a person for their actions without knowing their reasons. Everyone processes differently mentally, you never know something could've happened to her long ago and she is exhibiting residue. You never know a boyfriend or husband can be saying you're the most beautiful thing in the world but behind closed doors abusing them emotionally and they need constant affirmation just to keep from having a breakdown. The easy road would be to punch her in the face, end the friendship and move on but you never know those actions could be the same thing that has caused her to be that way. Only perfect people can have perfect friends and since none of us are perfect, and you believe the friendship is worth it, I say talk with her and then determine what it is and why :smile:
  • GoneKona
    Options
    I really don't care about this thread. I'm just happy I found your profile!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    next time she's doing that "i'm acting like i'm kidding but i'm totally not" thing... give it RIGHT back. say something like "HAHAHAH! wouldn't it be funny if you really WERE that vapid and i had to slap you on a constant basis! ahahaha. you'd never have to buy blusher!! hahahahah!"
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    She's insecure and has to have people tell her she's pretty because she doubts that she is. Or she's an attention ho. It sounds just like some of my friends/family on facebook. If all they ever post is.. "I love my family", "I have the most amazing spouse", "life is perfect", etc etc., a divorce or split-up ALWAYS comes. People try to make their life look like it is the way they want it to be, because it isn't.
    I'd just ask her if she's insecure about how she looks because of they way she talks about it all the time. Then reassure her that she's not ugly. That should shut her up.

Sometimes people really do love their spouse and have a great life.... Just sayin'
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    One of my closet friends is totally happy with her looks and body and deservedly so. She has a very strong large family who she grew up with telling her how fabulous she is but you know what ? it is one of the things I love her for most. The difference with her is probably that she does not say anything to make others feel bad. I guess that if you have a deep relationship together than try and understand it as one of her quirks, if not then I would advise to try and distance yourself from her x
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Typically when I feel like punching a friend in the face I tell them so. Then as they cringe I punch them in the junk.
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    She's so vain.. I bet she thinks this thread is about her.

Hahahaha!! Sadly, I suspect that there are many here who won't get the reference. (In other words, you and I have dated ourselves with the reference and understanding of the reference.)
  • madam1981
    madam1981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a mate that did the same but the best time was when this guy hit on me in front of her and this guy just went sorry love ya not ma type :laugh: after that she stopped the big headed lol.so I wudnt worry cos she get smacked nin the face by herself x
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I prefer a kick to the taco...

mmmmmmmm tacos
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Sometimes people really do love their spouse and have a great life.... Just sayin'

^this

Happy people - I hate them.
  • graced111
    graced111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who did this all the time. It annoyed everyone in our group. So one night she was going on about her beautiful self when I looked up an said " yeah blah blah blah we all know your beautiful so shuttie up." Everyone with something in there mouth spit it out or chocked. She actually started laughing as did everyone else. Message received. She has stopped it and is actually very complimentary of others now.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I prefer a kick to the taco...

Haha! true who doesn't!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    next time she's doing that "i'm acting like i'm kidding but i'm totally not" thing... give it RIGHT back. say something like "HAHAHAH! wouldn't it be funny if you really WERE that vapid and i had to slap you on a constant basis! ahahaha. you'd never have to buy blusher!! hahahahah!"

Win :)
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a case of insecurity on her part. She doesn't feel like she is worth anything for any reason other than her looks and needs constant reassurance.

Perhaps let her know that it seems like she is insecure about other areas of her life, then tell her all the reasons that you are friends with her, that doesn't have to do with her looks.

Bravo!