NSV - journey to a half-marathon, in pics. (Sort of.)

Options

Replies

• amyj000
    amyj000 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are incredible! Amazing job. I've been debating about when to start back up my running and I think it will be today. I can do this. Thank you for the wonderful, inspirational story.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    You definitly can! If I can - the girl who couldn't run - you can!
  • yvette2309
    yvette2309 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :)
  • kaceyb10
    kaceyb10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    way to go! So inspiring! I am on week 6 day 2 of the C25k!! You encourage me to keep going at it!
  • slimjourney
    Options
    Your an inspiration to me, thank you for sharing this. I'm so tired of being that girl it hurts and one day I'll feel victorious like you!!!
  • mswize
    mswize Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What an amazing post! You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing this!
  • Pinkgurl13
    Pinkgurl13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Amazing Girl!!!!
  • Wow... thank you for sharing your story. I am on the running journey as well. I have completed 4 5k's and looking for my first 10K to run. You are an inspiration!
  • sdomski1
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, congrats on reaching your goals!!
  • scottjohnsonbcc
    scottjohnsonbcc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    NIce! You completed your first 5K 2 days before I did my first 5K - and only now am I getting to doing a 10K/12K... Still not convinced I want to be bothered for the half... Though maybe I can call myself a runner now, I can't say that I've learned to love it yet. But sticking with it, and we'll see... I've yet to run the 10K and upcoming 12K races - though I've run them on my own. Maybe this will be enough to inspire/convince me to go for the the half, though I'm convinced I'll still be bored after 2-3 hours of running :)
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Your story brought tears to my eyes!

Inspiring!

^^This
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So awesome!

Sadly, I am not THAT GIRL yet... I am the old you. The one that can't make it very long running. I can only make it 60 seconds running on the treadmill at 5.0 mph, 90 seconds max. If I put the speed down to 4.0 and do a slower run/jog, I can make it up to 3 minutes, sometimes as much as 5. And that's it. Sigh.

You are an inspiration and I will keep working on it.

Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Thank you all - glad my story has resonated so much!
    NIce! You completed your first 5K 2 days before I did my first 5K - and only now am I getting to doing a 10K/12K... Still not convinced I want to be bothered for the half... Though maybe I can call myself a runner now, I can't say that I've learned to love it yet. But sticking with it, and we'll see... I've yet to run the 10K and upcoming 12K races - though I've run them on my own. Maybe this will be enough to inspire/convince me to go for the the half, though I'm convinced I'll still be bored after 2-3 hours of running :)

I totally used to feel that way. But it was such an incredible sense of accomplishment, even if I was slow - just honestly incredible. I felt pretty incredible after my 10K too - I have anotehr next month (is anyone surprised I picked one with a medal? Haha...) and am really, really looking forward to it.
    So awesome!

Sadly, I am not THAT GIRL yet... I am the old you. The one that can't make it very long running. I can only make it 60 seconds running on the treadmill at 5.0 mph, 90 seconds max. If I put the speed down to 4.0 and do a slower run/jog, I can make it up to 3 minutes, sometimes as much as 5. And that's it. Sigh.

You are an inspiration and I will keep working on it.

Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:

That's where it starts! Have you tried the couch to 5K? I found that my old problems with running was that I was trying to go too fast and that doing it incrementally increased my endurance a lot. You -can- do it - believe me, because I did!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    What a great story. Thank you for sharing
  • Edwardo27
    Edwardo27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well Done! You are an inspiration to me. I have done a few 3K runs/walks - i am a SERIOUS BEGINNER - and i want to build up to a 5k charity run!
  • Workingonme83
    Options
    It`s nice to know that I`m not the only one that love the 90 seconds but this post inspires me to push through as I HATE running at this moment.
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Thank you for telling your wonderful story. I teared up a few times reading it. Well done!
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. Great things are happening for you. Keep up the good work.
  • aleek87
    aleek87 Posts: 5
    Options
    This is amazing! I'm on W3 D2 and I feel sooooo slow! I can't wait to run without needing to stop!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!