unbelievable!!!!!

Options
peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
So, if any of you have been reading my walking for thoughts posts, you'll know I take my workouts over by a country restaurant, where there is a set of stairs and a steep hill. This morning I was going at it, when this woman comes over to me, she says " I don't really appreciate you working out here, I don't need to see this when I'm trying to eat"
I honestly thought she was joking, so I kinda laughed and patted my tummy and said yeah I need to get rid of this baby fat.
She looked at me and very seriously said, "if you think I'm joking, I'm not. Could you take this somewhere else?" Then she turned and entered the restaurant, I smiled at her evily and ran back up the steps. I honestly think it made me do about 10 more than normal just to spite her haha:bigsmile:
I know the owner of the place really well, and am thinking of going over and saying something. But this woman was a customer, and the stairs do not belong to the restaurant!
My husband was so furious he was about to go over there to see if she was still enjoying her grease and homefries to tell her off.
So what should I do, should I go talk to the owner, even just to see if she's been complaining to them, or should I go in and complain about the customer, or just ignore it and continue working out there?

Replies

• peej76
    Options
    So, if any of you have been reading my walking for thoughts posts, you'll know I take my workouts over by a country restaurant, where there is a set of stairs and a steep hill. This morning I was going at it, when this woman comes over to me, she says " I don't really appreciate you working out here, I don't need to see this when I'm trying to eat"
    I honestly thought she was joking, so I kinda laughed and patted my tummy and said yeah I need to get rid of this baby fat.
    She looked at me and very seriously said, "if you think I'm joking, I'm not. Could you take this somewhere else?" Then she turned and entered the restaurant, I smiled at her evily and ran back up the steps. I honestly think it made me do about 10 more than normal just to spite her haha:bigsmile:
    I know the owner of the place really well, and am thinking of going over and saying something. But this woman was a customer, and the stairs do not belong to the restaurant!
    My husband was so furious he was about to go over there to see if she was still enjoying her grease and homefries to tell her off.
    So what should I do, should I go talk to the owner, even just to see if she's been complaining to them, or should I go in and complain about the customer, or just ignore it and continue working out there?
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i say ignore that woman and keep on keepin on!!!!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! First of all, if the stairs do not belong to the restaurant, you just keep doing your workouts there....where you want!!!! I would go next time in the skimpiest outfit you feel comfortable in and make sure she gets an eyeful! What a b*tch.

Keep up the great work and don't let someone like that affect your workouts!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    i don't like people like that. she should mind her own business. just keep doing what your doing, you're doing great!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    "fuggeddaboutit"

Until whoever owns the stairs tell you to leave, keep at it!

She's probably more mad that you're making her feel guilty than anything else.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You keep doing what you are doing. You are doing this for you and if she does not like it she can move to another table or what ever.:grumble: Keep it up chickie. :wink:
  • chelle1717
    chelle1717 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think the quote "I don't need to see this when I'm trying to eat" says it all. I'm pretty sure what she meant was, "I don't want to see someone else burning calories while I'm consuming the equivalent of the daily calories of 4 grown men." :smile: You keep on keepin' on!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd keep in truckin' over there and do your workouts... screw that lady!! What a nasty attitude!!!

If she says something to you again just say "Lady, if ya' don't like it, don't look!!!" :wink:

If she gives you nasty looks then I would just smile and wave at her... very deliberately! :bigsmile:
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    Wow! :noway: My jaw dropped when I read your story. :mad: I'm sorry you had to go threw that experience. You are trying to better yourself, and you have rude, ignorant people like her.

I don't think going to the restraunt owner will do any good. He is in it for the business and he is going to try and keep his customers. There isn't anything that he can say to this woman with out the situation being blown up.

If I were in your shoes, I would cotinue doing my routine, and if she says something again, I'd tell her off. Being nice will not get you anywhere with her. Fight fire with fire.

Best of luck to you!
  • peej76
    Options
    Exactly guys!!! Thats's what I keep telling myself, that she feels guilty, and maybe even a little jealous seeing a girl of my size (175 lbs) actually being a fairly fit person!! It just makes me want to push even harder to spite people like that. I just told my sister about it, and she's very surprised I didn't knock her out lol!!
  • knitgirl
    knitgirl Posts: 27
    Options
    "fuggeddaboutit"

Until whoever owns the stairs tell you to leave, keep at it!

She's probably more mad that you're making her feel guilty than anything else.

Yup, sounds like she's got some insecurities :grumble: ... you go girl! Maybe she'll see the error of her ways -- don't let her rain on your parade! :wink:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I agree with previous posters However your own level of comfort may be compromised now and if it is and if you can think of an alternate work out spot that would be better.
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    Next time tell her " You're more than welcome to join me ".........
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    You would probably waste your time speaking to the owner because that woman is going there as a paying customer- I would just ignore and keep doing your thing if your not on your property then don't worry about it until the person/ company that you are working out on says something who cares there are jealous/nasty people everywhere just ignore them
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    :tongue:

I'd do ten extra each day. YOU KNOW IT!

Whatever...But if you stood there smoking, would she say something? If you your husband were standing there with muscles and all working out, would she say something? Heck, nobody was even bothered by the old man who got hit on the streets of CT, why are you her priority? LOL

Ten extra! YULP! Ten extra!
  • ehorner1976
    ehorner1976 Posts: 147
    Options
    I can't believe someome would even say that!!! How rude beyond rude. I see people running and walking, biking, rollerblading all the time. Maybe not while I am eating, but it wouldn't bother me if I did because I do the same thing. I am sure she too sees people out exercising throughout the day, so my guess is she feels guilty about her habits. If she says something again I would say "why does it bother you? have you never seen someone work out before? tell her you hope it motivates her to be healthier. :devil:
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I really can't believe someone would actualy say that! That is so RUDE!!

I couldn't ever be that way. They are just jealous! You go on and do your workout. If the owner got enough complaints she may say something to you but like you said they aren't the restraunts stairs! So it doesn' t matter.

:heart: Screw That Lady!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    :noway: What is wrong with people:mad:
    Keep doing what you are doing.... Ignore negative people. She really should be ashamed of herself:grumble:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    File this one under people suck. I would have told her waddle her *kitten* accross the street and clogs some more arteries. Why do some people have to impose their will on other people. Call me next time and I will run with you. Who else is in.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Public property= do what you want on it.

(I'm assuming you weren't working out naked. . . were you? I think that would change things. :laugh: )