How bad for you are banana's

Options
Everytime I get on this site, I see an ad for "5 foods never to eat" and they always show a banana. Anybody else see this ad? and why are they picking on the poor banana? Yes it has lots of carbs, but this is still a good healthy fruit. I eat one almost everyday - What is everyones input on this????

Replies

• cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't have to watch your sugar/carbs, bananas are perfectly fine.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bananas are perfect. That ad just has a banana to get you to click it.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i dont pay attention to ads, they just want money. i eat a banana every day and have been for the last 6 months.
  • devastation77
    Options
    I have one, maybe two a day. I love em.

And yeah ignore the stupid ads.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with them.

There are a lot of different theories out there of what you should and shouldn't eat... if you don't have any specific medical issues nothing is all that bad for you in certain amounts. Bananas are a good source of nutrients!
  • devastation77
    Options
    I tend to think that if I listened to every new "study" about what we shouldn't eat, I wouldn't be able to eat a damn thing.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Someone told me bananas slow your metabolism, not sure if this is true though
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I tend to think that if I listened to every new "study" about what we shouldn't eat, I wouldn't be able to eat a damn thing.

Completely agree with this!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Someone told me bananas slow your metabolism, not sure if this is true though

Nope, not true. The only real things that will slow your metabolism would be to not eat for a long period of time or losing muscle mass.
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree with this
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Awful. Bad. Toxic. DO NOT EAT BANANAS.

Jk. I heart bananas.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I have a banana everyday...small, medium or large! :tongue:
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I have a banana every morning before the gym. I'm still pretty out of shape and get nausea from exertion so I don't like to work out with a full stomach or an empty stomach, a banana is perfect for me. I love nanners!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I LOVE bananas!
  • jrmartinezb
    jrmartinezb Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think they're perfactly fine. They are somewhat calorie dense compared to other fruits, so If you are having trouble staying within your calorie goals there might be better choices. Other than that I see no problem in having them regularly.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1846/2

I love their food database
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    BANANAS ARE GOOD! I HAVE ONE EVERY DAY , SEVEN DAYS A WEEK!
  • ptremonti
    Options
    When I was on the Medical Weight Loss Clinic diet, I could not have bananas and many other fruits because they were deemed high in sugar. That's the only reason not to eat them, if you need to watch your sugar intake.
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, I clicked on that ad to see why bananas are bad. Turns out they don't even mention bananas anywhere in the slide show advertising whatever it was they were trying to sell (I don't recall what that was.)
    I've been eating a banana nearly every day for the past several years. Love 'em.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    They're not bad. Whoever has told you that has lied to you.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That's just a scam. Bananas are GREAT for you. I eat 6 every 3 days.