I hope this is ok to post...

Options
Like many of you, this site has become like family to me. The friendships I have on here are sometimes better than those I have here in Houston. I have only been a member for a few weeks now, but I find myself turning to ya'll for issues in my life rather than others close to me.

I have been sitting here for about 30 min now staring at my screen, trying to figure out what to say in this post. I apologize upfront for not going into too much detail, just know it is because I know this person appreciates her privacy and I want to respect her. I think that it is very important that we support each other as much as possible, not only on weight loss, but in life too.

I know that this site is like family to her as well, so can ya’ll just do me a favor? There is a member of our MFP family that needs God’s arms wrapped around her tightly and to be shown the way out of a very difficult situation. I come to you with a very heavy heart right now and just ask that you pray that she find the strength, courage, and direction.

I apologize again for not giving too much detail. However, God knows her situation and I just want to lift her up. She would never ask for it herself, and may not be on the posts that much for a while, but I want to be able to tell her that she has a family here that supports her and is behind her, regardless of the details we know or don’t know.

I hope there isn't anyone that finds this post inappropriate because I know it is a somewhat deeper topic than others. I am still new to this site and I dont know what is ok and not ok to post. If it is not something ya'll would like to see on the boards then I apologize and others please feel free to message me instead if you would like.

Thanks

Ty:heart:

Replies

• ty_bradley01
    ty_bradley01 Posts: 321
    Options
    Like many of you, this site has become like family to me. The friendships I have on here are sometimes better than those I have here in Houston. I have only been a member for a few weeks now, but I find myself turning to ya'll for issues in my life rather than others close to me.

I have been sitting here for about 30 min now staring at my screen, trying to figure out what to say in this post. I apologize upfront for not going into too much detail, just know it is because I know this person appreciates her privacy and I want to respect her. I think that it is very important that we support each other as much as possible, not only on weight loss, but in life too.

I know that this site is like family to her as well, so can ya’ll just do me a favor? There is a member of our MFP family that needs God’s arms wrapped around her tightly and to be shown the way out of a very difficult situation. I come to you with a very heavy heart right now and just ask that you pray that she find the strength, courage, and direction.

I apologize again for not giving too much detail. However, God knows her situation and I just want to lift her up. She would never ask for it herself, and may not be on the posts that much for a while, but I want to be able to tell her that she has a family here that supports her and is behind her, regardless of the details we know or don’t know.

I hope there isn't anyone that finds this post inappropriate because I know it is a somewhat deeper topic than others. I am still new to this site and I dont know what is ok and not ok to post. If it is not something ya'll would like to see on the boards then I apologize and others please feel free to message me instead if you would like.

Thanks

Ty:heart:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Please do not feel like this is inappropriate, of course we all would love to offer any support we can, thoughts and prayers included. I think you are being a great friend and that she would appreciate your concern, and respect. We of course do not need the whole story to have her in our prayers, you are so right when you say God knows, so please know that my thoughts and prayers are with her, and with you also so that you can stay strong, and know how to help her. xoxo, Penny
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    i think i can talk for all of us when i say anyone of us who needs a loving prayer deserves and we are all willing to keep this wonderful person in our thoughts.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Dont need details just a reason and that was enough. God takes care of the rest. Prayers from here in IL.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so concerned about this member. I personaly think this was ok to post because you didn't give any specific information. We are a family on here :heart: .

If that person who needs our support is reading these, Please know that when there are good times there are bad, and those hard times will make you stronger. Reaching out to others for support can sometimes lighten your emotional load.

You have lots of support here! :heart:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    You can come on here for anything, and prayers are the best reason. :flowerforyou: God be with you and your loved one.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    We don't have to know the whole situation. God knows and that's all that matters! You're so sweet for stepping forward and letting us know that one of our own needs some uplifing! :flowerforyou:

Def sending prayers! We can do all things through Christ!

Much Love MFP! :heart:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh Ty we are so with you hon....my prayers and thoughts are with our friend and family member and hope they get the peace and comfort they need!!!

hugs!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    my prayers are with her and you are a good friend. :flowerforyou:
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Big hugs, thoughts and prayers are heading her way.
    She is lucky to have such a wonderful friend.

~Kell:smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Dont need details just a reason and that was enough. God takes care of the rest. Prayers from here in IL.

Seconded.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    That is so sweet Ty. My prayers are with our friend, please tell them that we all hope everything is better soon. Ty, you are a great friend, and that post was in no way inappropriate, it was beautiful!
    :heart:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Everybody should feel comfortable coming for a prayer or just some extra comfort in anything there are going through.
    My thoughts are with your friend:heart:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Prayers for your friend.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Please God help your friend and all of us in need.
    We thank you for your help and guidance in all we do.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    All my thoughts and prayers for strength, courage and peace.

you are very sweet for putting this out there, we all need to feel loved - that is never inappropriate.

:heart: :flowerforyou:
    Tricia
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with your friend...That is so sweet. You're a great friend to have. Trust and believe that if "God takes you to it, he will bring you through it" :flowerforyou:
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Not inapropriate at all. Sending my prayers.

Kels
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful place, I'm new but I've loved it from day one!!!

God understands her situation better than any of us ever could even if we knew the whole situation.

Much love, lots of prayers and a big hug to your friend.:flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: