Snacks to help curb appetite

Options
I like to eat several small portions throughout the day. What are some low cal snacks that I can turn to. I have already tried low sodium almonds and low fat string cheese. They are helpful, but I like to have variety.

Replies

• Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I chop up a serving of broccoli and cauliflower in a bowl then drizzle one serving of low cal ranch dressing (80 cals) then sprinkle with onion powder and sage. It's really filling
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I chop up a serving of broccoli and cauliflower in a bowl then drizzle one serving of low cal ranch dressing (80 cals) then sprinkle with onion powder and sage. It's really filling

That sounds pretty good! I may have to try it.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fat free greek yogurt is my go-to snack. It is really high in protein, so it keeps me satiated for a while.
  • nroth57
    nroth57 Posts: 21
    Options
    Some of my go-to snacks:
    -100 calorie pop secret popcorn bag
    -1 serving of carrots with 1 serving of Hummus - 110 calories
    -Oikos plain fat free greek yogurt and 1/2 cup fzn berries (thawed with the juices) - app 130 calories
    -one serving of pretzels and brown mustard to dip - app 130 calories
  • Luvs_Chocolate
    Luvs_Chocolate Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Snack queen here..

Kind Bars .. around 200 cals and worth everyone!
    Snack Bread by Ryveta 6 slices for only 120 cals, you can top them with whatever you like.
    Snikiddy cheese puffs, baked fries etc..I drive across the boarder just to pick these up!! (not sold in Canada)
    Light Baby Bells
    CoCo Lites think huge rice cake but better, they are only 16 cals for one I usually top them with light cream cheese, hummus etc Sadly only sold in the states.

Gold Fish Crackers
    Quaker Granola bars around 110 cals.
    Animal Crackers or Baby Cookies
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    baby carrots
    beef jerky
    dannon light and fit 6oz yogurts
    hard boiled eggs
    frozen blueberries
    banana with peanut butter
    snap peas
  • nicola312
    Options
    Yea me too, I take it you mean hot, though, I need something for when I am at work x
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Take a raw sweet potato with you in a piece of tupperware. Add cinnamon, pop it in the microwave for 4 or 5 minutes. 100ish calories, plenty of goodness, and you'll make the office smell awesome.

You can cut it up before if you want, or mash it after. Either way, it's pretty filling and full of a lot of win.
  • GainsAndGuitars
    Options
    Giving this place a shot, browse around. Netflix for snacks: www.naturebox.com
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I get the 100 calorie popcorn as that helps me get full
  • amrozes
    amrozes Posts: 26
    Options
    Fiber One 90 calorie brownies. Filling and sates the sweet tooth. If I have time to sit down, I eat 1/2 cup light and lively cottage cheese with mandarin oranges.
  • Sdfouts
    Sdfouts Posts: 10
    Options
    I took some Greek Yogurt and added Onion Dip mix to it. I eat it and a serving of carrots for a snack. To me it's just as good as real dip and where Hiland dips have 90 cals per serving this only has 24, so I really end up saving some calories.
  • canadianbugga
    canadianbugga Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I find having a snack that has something with protein and something with fibre keeps the hungries away.
  • hwesp
    hwesp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Turkey snack sticks - come in many sizes but I like the 35 calorie ones
    Pudding cups (low fat or sugar free) are 70-80 calories; sometimes I combine a half serving of pretzels to get a sweet and salty combo
    1/2 of your favorite candy bar = 100 to 120 calories (my go to late night snack)
    1/2 of chocolate peanut butter protein meal bars = 95 calories (you get a better price on the meal versus snack bars)
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    plain greek yogurt with sliced strawberries & add one stevia packet.
    I know this sounds weird but I like peanut butter & carrots together....peanut butter is the best when you need that hungry feeling to go away, i often eat just a spoonful.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1) I love gogurts -- esp the cotton candy 70cals and there are even greek ones with a bit more protein -- freeze em and they are an awesome treat or bring with you, by the time its lunch, you can eat (they thaw out and perfectly safe by lunch time)

OR - do a Plain greek yogurt, add 1T of cocoa and 1 pkt of stevia or splenda

2) Special K protein meal bars -- seriously like a candy bar with lots of protein, fiber but a lil high on sugar n fat but so good -- 170cals. A different and good option are Quest bars as well.

3) Sliced lunch meal wrapped around pickle spears (I cut the spears down the middle so they are skinnier) or the meat around cheese, snap peas, etc.

4) sugar free jello cup with a lil bit of reddiwhip

5) FOR YOU PEANUTBUTTER LOVERS?? all I can say is find some PB2!!!! Its a powdered peanutbutter, mix with a bit of water (follow directions) and its soooo good for a fraction of the cals and fat.

2 Tablespoons of Regular PNTBTR? 190cals
    2 Tablespoons of PB2? 45cals

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TREAT/snack??? Mix the 4T of PB2, 1/4c quick oats, 1T of chocolate chips and 1T of honey -- roll into balls and freeze? Great little treats for low cals -- around 200cals or so! mmmmmmm
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, frozen grapes, natural peanut butter and almonds are my go-to snacks!
  • ZericaL
    ZericaL Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Take a raw sweet potato with you in a piece of tupperware. Add cinnamon, pop it in the microwave for 4 or 5 minutes. 100ish calories, plenty of goodness, and you'll make the office smell awesome.

You can cut it up before if you want, or mash it after. Either way, it's pretty filling and full of a lot of win.

I love this and I don't even like sweet potatoes!
  • webtech9
    webtech9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I go for a can of white tuna and a cup of minute rice. Keeps me full for hours.

Probably more of a lunch than snack, but I dont get hungry after.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I am in love with this thread!!!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

PB2 is amazing ???? (I like with celery when I'm being good, with honey & pretzels when I'm being a little naughtier) ????
    Greek yogurt is amazing ????
    Light babybel or string cheese
    Fiber one products are yummy!
    Goldfish crackers if I can wrestle them away from my toddler ????
    Most of all I ADORE FRUIT!!!!