Which do you prefer:

Options
2»

Replies

• Shamrock_me
    Options
    4:30 AM - that's the time for me
    I'm not a sharer so waiting for equipment makes me really grumpy.
    I'm also not super social at that time of day & the gym is empty except for the one guy who does a quick 30 minutes and goes to work. We nod at each other.. that's about it for social ability.
    Sometimes I fart a lot so if I'm at the gym by myself no reason for embarrassment!!
    I can steal fans from in front of other equipment. No one else needs them and as stated I fart a lot some days so with the fan it's dissipated!!
    No one is staring at my *kitten* while I'm on the elliptical (creepy guy on the machine behind me YOU know who you are!!)
    I can try any equipment out and not feel like I look like an idiot on it.

Hope you smiled!!!
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Evening workouts work out best for me. I've tried working out in the morning and yes I get that extra jump of energy but by the afternoon, I'm ready for a nap. I look forward to my evening workouts even though I workout a little bit later than most people.. It's ranges from 7pm - 10pm depending on my schedule.
  • culuriel
    culuriel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Early evening, right after work. For most of the reasons you've already described - a body that's been up and about during the day is partly warmed up, just needs a few minutes of easy activity and stretching. Exercise is also a great de-stresser after work. I've tried working out when I get up and it's just miserable.
  • becujo
    becujo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I prefer afternoon workouts since my brain is more awake by then, but I dont always have the opportunity. So I usually work out evenings after kids go to bed. It helps me keep my dinner light, knowing Im going to be doing cardio later. Plus on days I overeat, I have an idea of excess calories I need to burn off.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    5pm-ish--right after work. Great way to blow off stress from the day. Plus I have an hour commute home, so no way I want to work out after sitting in a traffic jam for that long.
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    MORNING definitely. you feel good for the rest of the day. And the best part: you dont have to think, "dang, i still need to exercise today, blah!" throughout your day. ;] Mornings are the best, imo
  • kellyrae1189
    kellyrae1189 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Evenings. I always feel gross after a workout and have to shower immediately, and then I am ready for bed. :) On a day I don't have much going on I'll work out in the morning, but usually I'd rather sleep in the extra half hour!
  • emilykayftw
    Options
    Evenings. I always feel gross after a workout and have to shower immediately, and then I am ready for bed. :) On a day I don't have much going on I'll work out in the morning, but usually I'd rather sleep in the extra half hour!

Same hereee. That extra 25-30 mins is just the best.
  • cloud9mn
    Options
    Definitely not a morning person - I've tried morning workouts a few times, and it's just painful for me to get up early enough to get a workout in before work.

Plus - you know how people say, "I love working out in the morning - I feel energized all day!" - well, the times I tried it, I just felt tired all day, lol.

So it's evenings for me. I also like that I don't have the time pressure and if I want to do an extra 15 minutes, or do a nice long stretch afterwards, I can do that.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i prefer to workout in the afternoon- i usually take my lunch break at the gym. Its a nice stress reliever in the middle of my day. I wish I could be a morning workout person but no way am i getting up early and losing any precious sleep. Working out in the evenings tends to keep me awake at night
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Same for me. If i do happen to get up early and workout (i have tried it a few times!) my eyes burn all day and i am just out of it
  • goodarzi
    goodarzi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person, but I work out in the mornings since my kids are in school during the day. The longer I wait to to it, the less likely I will be to get it done. Then once I knock it out, I feel like I'm in a better mood the rest of the day. I usually like to be in the gym by 9 or 10 AM. Best time to go at my gym since--right in between the early birds & the lunch crowd.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood and how I physically feel.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Evening. I feel stronger and more energetic, and it sits well with my eating times
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    If I can get to a gym class then straight after work.
    However if I'm exercising at home first thing in the morning before I get showered.

I struggle to motivate myself after work at home because there's too much other stuff to distract me (and I'm VERY easily distracted - ie right now I should be doing my Masters! :frown: )
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Before lunch or dinner. I usually have to eat something after working out, so lunch and dinner solves that problem without extra calories. Depending on my schedule, I can get in at some point =)

In the mornings, I have more energy, but I hate being stiff and sore all day. At night there are more people, but I don't have anywhere to be in a hurry so I can rest. All depends on the schedule =)