Anybody want to start 30DS with me next week?

Options
I'm going to start Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred Monday. I thought it'd be fun to have some motivational/accountability partners. I'm going to attempt to stick to this schedule as closely as possible (but you wouldn't have to do it):

2 days 30DS
1 day cardio (probably elliptical at the gym)
2 days 30DS
1 day rest
Repeat

I read somewhere that this was the schedule JM had intended for this program. It allows me to fit the elliptical and a rest day in so it sounds like a winner to me! lol

Any takers?

Replies

• mbgambill
    mbgambill Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I will join you! I need some accountability!! I actually started day one today...OH MY GOSH!! I honestly thought I was going to throw up in my living room floor! I felt just like a contestant on BL! I could hear Jillian yelling my name!! It is a very tough 20 minutes but surely I can do 20 hard minutes a day for those kind of results!
  • Steph_Ann_95
    Options
    I started 3 days ago and it was the most horrible workout i had done, it was so hard i thought i was ging to be sick! but three says into it and im already feeling a lot healthier and although the workout is intense level one is becoming easier! cannot wait to see the final results!
  • kel8412
    kel8412 Posts: 35
    Options
    I would like to join you :) Sounds like good motivation to me!
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ive ordered a copy should get it early next week so ill start then with u all, lookin forward to it people have got some amazing results from it!
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll go out and look for a copy this weekend, and if i dont' find it tomorrow I will order it so I can start when I get it. I am the type who needs to be held accountable so I will do it with you all!
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I planned to start monday myself. I'm in
  • Woodgirls3
    Options
    I already have the DVD at home for the 30 day shred and I have always wanted someone else to do it with me. I will most definitely like to join this challenge. :)
  • adm88
    adm88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the 30DS and it will be here Monday or Tuesday. I have trouble sticking with workout DVDs so I will need all the support and motivation I can get.

I'll probably start Wednesday morning.
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and I love it. I did day 2 tonight and it;s honestly not that bad. Its a really quick enjoyable work out.
  • adm88
    adm88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mudshell1 you should make it into a group on here so we can all keep the conversation going. Maybe we should take measurements or something at the beginning so we can see the difference from day 1 to day 30.
  • mudshell1
    Options
    Awesome!!! I can't wait to start!! I wanted to start today but wouldn't be able to do anything this weekend so I figured I'd better wait. I'm sure that being afraid of it didn't have anything to do with it one bit. lol

Great idea about the group! I will look into it up when I can sit down at the computer.

I can't wait!
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    count me in!! (friend me too!) what day are we going to start? all the talk about it making you want to throw up has me a bit scared!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 days sometime last year. I did the entire 30 days without a break in-between i.e. 10 days Level 1, 10 days Level 2 and the final 10 days Level 3 and I got good results.

I started again yesterday but won't be doing it straight through as my job has changed so can only workout for 4 or 5 days a week. My plan was to do all 3 levels but after Level 2, I was beat.

I did Level 1 & 2 yesterday and Level 1 & 2 this morning. It wasn't easy :smile:
  • kel8412
    kel8412 Posts: 35
    Options
    Completed Day One! That is one tough DVD! I can't wait to see the results that come from this challenge :D
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    One point/recommendation-When I did 30DS, I lost no pounds, however I lost 5 inches.
    First four days, I was so sore I couldn't sit down on the toilet...but on the fifth day, I felt invincible and mega-proud of myself.

It helped boost my self confidence and pushed me to continue onwards to start training for a 5k. Good luck ladies. :)
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday!!! Took measurements and pics... can't wait to follow thru with the entire 30 days and see results!!!
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had to orde rmine so it will be afew days until I get it. But I cant wait to start!
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I did my first day today and loved it! I was already sore about an hour afterwards though, so I'm sure getting out of bed tomorrow will suck, let alone doing the workout again.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    ME!!!!!! For a while I was on level 3 and it was easy, but I've been slack lately and need to get back at it. I like your 2/1/2 schedule.
  • staciarose13
    staciarose13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!!!! But I might throw in some of her other DVDs some days. I've never done it before, it's been sitting in my basement for a very long time. I am so excited!