I'm so mad with myself :-(

Options

Replies

• oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    How you ever seen a counselor? I've had times of losing control, particularly with food and money. It's a stress thing for me.
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I believe in you, you can do it :) Don't restrict yourself from the junk food, it's OK to have it once in a while, but try working up to it. Like eat healthy for 6 days and on the 7th day you can eat your favorite food. It's OK to fail, use that as a stepping stone to be a better person tomorrow. Like previous comments say, "tomorrow is a new day". I believe in you and all these other people going through the same journey do too :))
  • ychisholm
    ychisholm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't wait until tomorrow to start a new day. Start now. Just be done with it and move forward...
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I just want to add that just because you have some naughty foods doesn't mean that you went off track. These healthy journeys are all about learning. The first thing you must do is not to buy junk. If you get a sweet craving, bake something healthy, portion them out, have a treat and put the rest away. Make sure to use healthier ingredients.

If you feel the need to binge, dig out some paper and pen and write your feelings down, write out your goals and google search those goal weight clothes. Writing it down makes you look at your goals in the face and will help.
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Be strong and do not give up. Start from today. Tomorrow has past and the future is yet to come. Make it count!
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are still down 8lbs. no matter how you look at it. It is true there might be a reason why you are doing this. Self-reflection would help.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    You do know you can log food AFTER you close your diary right? Thats all you have to do... just log it and move on and try and learn from it.. perhaps your goals are to lofty and you aren't eating enough, up your calories and bam no more issues.. or log see how bad you went over and then go work out (a walk or something) then log that and bam.. no worries..
  • Lisa2bHappy
    Options
    Thanx for all your comments.. I really appreciate all your advice
    Thanx for taking the time to read my post.
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have recently come to terms with the fact that I am a binge eater. Read my blog, as there are so many people who commented that are in the same boat also. Just know that you are not alone. Figure out what your triggers are. Mine are being tired and being angry, among others...if you can figure out triggers, this helps a lot. Also, I have found that so many of us binge eaters are SO HARD on ourselves. You are going to mess up, everyone does, chalk it up to learning and move on. You will find that as time goes on, it becomes easier after you mess up to move on, and eventually it becomes a lifestyle NOT to binge. You CAN do this!! Good luck to you on your journey.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It's okay, just start again NOW. Get back on track, these things happen. When you make a lifestyle change, you can slip up every once in awhile and that's ok :)
  • bspikes86
    bspikes86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    maybe you should try replacing your addiction to food with an addiction to running or walking or biking. idk just an idea. good luck hun
  • gal2013
    Options
    I started my diet on January 1st and in the last few days I have been tempted to binge too. Last night I ate some slices of pineapple and two pork filets, and I feel guilty for that. I have been missing bread (I have cut it out completely). I realize that I need to calm down again - I have been anxious lately! - and eat slowly. Treat your body as a temple, remember that food has the function to keep your body healthy and working, so don't eat because you're anxious or something like that. Good luck and let's start again! :)
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I'm a binge eater, but I'm definitely a "one was good, two will be great" type of eater. You are going to have good days and bad days. And while you will mess up and you have to be able to forgive yourself and get back on track, you also have to be honest with yourself about what is really going on and actively try to figure out a way to stop the binges.

You can do it!
  • cheers_b
    cheers_b Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    dont beat yourself up --it's done - but help yourself - get rid of all the bad stuff you can in your place if you "cant help but eat it" --i find if it not around i dont have as much an issue - if sweets are around - i am done!! secondly -- have some healthy stuff- - lice rice crackers/low fat cereal/etc handy -- and binge on that! plus carbonated water to fill you up.

good luck!

cheers
    b
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    My gym instructor once said, "We eat over 1000 meals a year, one meal cannot send you off track."

So you binged, big deal. Did you enjoy it?
    Sometime I get something I really fancied and feel really disappointed after I've eaten it that it wasn't as good as I'd anticipated, I remember this for next time I think about it before I eat it again. Some foods I eat and are SO worth the calories, but they're no doable all the time to fit in with eating 'real' foods too, these I have but in moderation.

Just remember this is a lifestyle, not a short term diet. Eat a little of what you fancy, and if you blow out just get back on the wagon ASAP, whether the next meal or the next day. YOU CAN DO THIS! x
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to go through the kitchen and trash all junk food.
    Good luck!
    I must agree with the comment above. At the time, does it seem like a waste? Yes it does. I've been there, and done that. But sometimes, it just must go - and the moment it goes into the trash, it's over...and gone. Binging and eating junk food just isn't worth risking your success. And please know, I don't say that harshly. This advice comes from someone real who has been there. Feel free to add me!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You know what helped keep me on track? The friends I've made along the way. They started off as faceless strangers who listened and understood and turned into friends who could share ideas and stories and have a laugh and enjoy weight loss. Maybe look in one of the groups and see if there are people with the same aims or hobbies as yourself and go from there. There is a group called Team UK http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/150-team-uk
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey, doll! You brought it here - you outed yourself and are questioning how you can make better choices.
    That's wonderful - I'm really proud of you. Next time, you'll feel even stronger and can make a different choice.
  • mamawoz
    mamawoz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    On thing that helped me is to include what time of day you are eating, what you are feeling when you decide to eat (i.e., hungry, bored, frantic, tired, sad, happy, etc.) incude a real diary with your journal. You are looking for a pattern or trend here so you need to give yourself some time to be able to find that. This will help you identify your triggers. Sometimes, it could be the foods you are eating that trigger binges -- for example carbs from things like sugar, white flour, etc. mess with your insulin levels which leave you hungry and craving. Other times, it's a particular time of day (for me the hour after I get home from work is a free for all for food). If you are honest and specific in your journal you will be able to identify your triggers and then combat them accordingly, ie., reduce, eliminate the binge inducing food, take a walk or schedule around your trigger times, confront the feelings, get more sleep, etc., etc. Main thing is that it doesn't make you a bad person, you can overcome it and you are already on your way. Good luck!
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day! Every meal is a new meal! Forget what happened and just do better the next meal or the next day. Or work out so you can work it off. If you start to have a consequence for binging -- tell yourself "If I overeat, I have to walk for an hour tomorrow" -- you'll start doing it less!