Looking for foods with high calorie low sugar/carbs

Options
Hi, my name is Jamie, I've been using MFP for over two weeks now and its going ok, I've lost 4 pounds so far, happy days. The only problem I'm having is finding food which is high in calories but low in sugar and carbs. I know about fish and eggs but im not really a fan of either so any suggestions would be great. Cheers.

Replies

• 55sc
    55sc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Higher fat and protein foods will be relatively high in calories.

A few are nuts, meat, cheese, plain Greek yogurt, and peanut butter. Read the label for the peanut butter, some have added sugar.
  • JamieGoodrum1
    JamieGoodrum1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I will have to check those out for sure! =)
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hell, that's easy. Nuts. And oils. And scrambled eggs with butter. And my all time addictive favorite, Trader Joe's Almond Butter with Flaxseeds. It's unreal. Now, nuts are not zero carb but pretty low in carbs. You cannot eat too many if you are trying to go fully ketogenic. Other things are full fat plain yogurt and pretty much any type of cheese.
  • wrotruck
    wrotruck Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Almond Butter with Flaxseeds.

^^This + a spoon = happiness.
  • agatasz
    agatasz Posts: 21
    Options
    go onto Atkins diet website they have meal plan there. But if you like bacon- you can eat it !
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Chhhhheeeeeese. The real stuff, not the plasticky stuff.
    Feta
    cheddar
    Gouda
    Edam
    mozzarella
    parmesan (Parmigiano-Reggiano)
    anything goat's milk-related, I'll be eating it and highly recommending it ;)

Then there's the old chicken breast topped with more cheese all melty melty (how high calorie are you needing?)
    Red meat
    Grass fed beef
    Lamb
    etcetera
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Meat?