Replies

• alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I log everything
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    there's no such thing as 0 calorie foods. log everything. even diet soda can have less than 5 calories and it doesn't have to be listed on the nutrition information.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If it gets in my belly, it gets in my diary
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    log everything.
    and if you drink a 0 calorie drink, log it too. they usually have sodium and you might want to track your sodium intake.
    even if they have 0 calories (although I don't think that exists), they might have carb/protein/etc..
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Even if it's true that the number of calories needed to digest the food is more than the calories in the food, isn't digestion included in your TDEE?
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I log everything....apples and watermelon have calories too. If you eat enough of even low cal foods it adds up.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    The only thing I consider 0 calories is water and plain black coffee.

8oz of black coffee is 2.4 calories. Log it.

I know some of you are super keen but log 2.4 calories?! Yeah if you have 30 cups a day but one cup?
    Each to their own though.

I log all food/condiments etc as they're usually not very low and can add up easily.

I don't log water with a splash of lemon, I don't measure when I put a pinch of salt in water when I boil veggies. I didn't log the ONE chip/crisp my OH offered me last night, but if I'd had a few I would have. (Nor do I log the calories content of any lip balm I might have eaten off my lips!)

To me this is a lifestyle not a diet and whilst I want to loose weight I don't want to become obsessive.
  • scottjohnsonbcc
    scottjohnsonbcc Posts: 12 Member
    Options

There's no point in logging if you aren't going to log everything.

Couldn't disagree more. First - how accurate do you really think ANYTHING that we log is? down to a calorie? 10 calories? 0.5%? 1%? Just how big is that "medium banana" anyway? And did a little bit of boiled egg get left in that shell when you peeled it?

Lots of point of logging to get as close as possible. but the minute I think that because I didn't log a 2.4 calorie cup of black coffee, or forgot to account for that squirt of ketchup on my sandwich, that there's no point in logging, I think the point has completely gotten missed...

But hey - no worries from me if you disagree with me either :)
  • supergirljen
    Options
    Where can I find this 0 calorie food? I'd like to binge guilt free....

This^^
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Another 0 calorie entry that surprised me. 8 oz. of Great Value bottled water contains 2 mgs. of calcium.
  • supergirljen
    Options
    [/quote]

I know some of you are super keen but log 2.4 calories?! Yeah if you have 30 cups a day but one cup?
    Each to their own though.

I log all food/condiments etc as they're usually not very low and can add up easily.

I don't log water with a splash of lemon, I don't measure when I put a pinch of salt in water when I boil veggies. I didn't log the ONE chip/crisp my OH offered me last night, but if I'd had a few I would have. (Nor do I log the calories content of any lip balm I might have eaten off my lips!)

To me this is a lifestyle not a diet and whilst I want to loose weight I don't want to become obsessive.
    [/quote]

and this^^
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My 0 calorie foods that I do log are either tea or my low calorie sweetener for when I do drink coffee.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I think we all understand that the body will be the final logger, but for me, I have learned a lot about the nutrition of the different kinds of food I injest. Some of what I have learned is completely different than what "common knowledge" told me.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I came from WW and ate Veggies like crazy because of the zero points.

Lost weight yea, but i didn't like that i wasn't being held accountable for excess eating, thus i started with MFP.

I now log EVERYTHING...even the spices i use. (Probably an overkill) but its teaching me exactly whats in what.

Yesterday i went 400cal over my daily limit, but when i looked back, it was all good nutritious food.

Thats what i learned to eat with WW, but now with MFP is holds me accountable for it and I'm learning new ways to work around it.

So yea, i log everything.
  • rpapesr
    rpapesr Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Pickles are zero calorie although they do have 210mg of sodium which will cause your body to hold water so I eat them in moderation.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Fact: all food has calories.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Pickles are zero calorie although they do have 210mg of sodium which will cause your body to hold water so I eat them in moderation.
    Nope, they have calories. Serving size makes the calories less than 5, so they're allowed to label it as "0".
    Look up cucumbers in the database. If cucumbers have calories, where do they go when they make pickles?
    Even mustard has calories.
    And spices.
    All food has calories.
  • Bbells89
    Bbells89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hahah made me laugh but I agree with you...One little question turned out to be a witch hunt for people that don't loge the air they breath smh
  • dorihinkelmann
    Options
    I have been logging everything to include unsweetened tea...