What's YOUR NSV for today!

Options
This morning when I jumped on the scale I saw that I had officially lost each and every one of the 38 lbs. I gained in a very short amount of time after not waiting tables/bartending for a living anymore. This led to today's NSV that, for the first time in about a year and a half, I started to recognize the person I saw in the mirror.

One of my new-to-MFP friends today asked me what an NSV was and it was a good reminder for me to tell her that "the journey to a healthier you shouldn't be measured only by pounds and inches."

What's your NSV for today? :smile:

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    No NSV for me today (yet), but I just wanted to say congratulations to you!
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I polled on a pair of dress pants this morning...and they are BAGGY!
  • mo4xdamomma
    Options
    we were running late this morning so I pulled into McD's and bought my kids breakfast---i wanted something SOOO bad but I bought a SF vanilla iced coffee (60 cal) instead. This is my first week back and its been incredibly hard but i didn't give in!
  • jccst9
    jccst9 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    No NSV for me today (yet), but I just wanted to say congratulations to you!

Thanks for the love... now go find that little bit of success, can't wait to hear it!
  • jccst9
    Options
    we were running late this morning so I pulled into McD's and bought my kids breakfast---i wanted something SOOO bad but I bought a SF vanilla iced coffee (60 cal) instead. This is my first week back and its been incredibly hard but i didn't give in!

That's so much harder to do than many people would think. Great NSV!
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    It's someone's birthday at work today. There is a boat-load of food out that smells good, but I've avoided it. :)
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Kick my buddy's butt(who's a higher belt than I am) 8-2 in karate class sparring match . .I think the judges felt sorry for him and gave him a couple freebie points
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This morning my maternity jeans that I haven' worn in a couple weeks were tighter around the belly, but much looser around the thighs and caboose. 'murica!
  • AllisonEBrown
    Options
    My NSV was this morning at breakfast. My mom had me make Bisquick bicscuits for part of breakfast, and not only did I avoid eating one or three, I also didn't let myself eat any of the raw dough scraps that she left on the counter for me. At my worst, I would make a mimi-batch of dough and eat it raw. This was a huge step for me :)
  • ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I got over the 10lb hump today....with a loss of 2 lbs this week. Making a total of 11!
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    1) I don't question whether or not I should workout anymore. I know it will be done.:love:

2) After going through two weeks of clean clothes and not having time to wash them because visiting a family member at the hospital took up a lot of my free time, I went shopping...in the back of my closet...and my old stuff fit!:bigsmile:

3) I no longer have bicycle tires around my abs...now it's just a unicycle.:laugh:
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Kept having to slow down during cardio this morning to pull up my sweat pants!
  • Coach_Simon
    Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This morning when I jumped on the scale I saw that I had officially lost each and every one of the 38 lbs. I gained in a very short amount of time after not waiting tables/bartending for a living anymore. This led to today's NSV that, for the first time in about a year and a half, I started to recognize the person I saw in the mirror.

One of my new-to-MFP friends today asked me what an NSV was and it was a good reminder for me to tell her that "the journey to a healthier you shouldn't be measured only by pounds and inches."

You're doing so extremely great and I'm so damn proud of you!

I'd say my NSV was that after a week of working on a new program and going out of my comfort zone I've managed to lose 4 inches off my body! Definitely a huge NSV for me!
  • KellyOnlySmaller
    KellyOnlySmaller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started :) I'm so happy to be back on track!
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Standing in front of Wendie's, watching my Wife and 6yo eating ice creams while on my iPhone working out calories, then walked away.

*Dance Smiley Inserted here*
  • BranMuffin947
    BranMuffin947 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    TODAY I noticed that my stretch marks were not as prominent. =)

My stretch marks were from puberty weight gain, not pregnancy & I've got 'em on my breasts, side of stomach, & thighs (inner & outter).

They've faded a little bit from time but honestly, more recently with the weight lost, they are barely noticeable.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I saw an acquaintance who said, "I almost didn't recognize you. You must have lost weight!"
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Ran 2 miles in 16 minutes 32 seconds. New personal best.
  • jccst9
    Options

You're doing so extremely great and I'm so damn proud of you!

I'd say my NSV was that after a week of working on a new program and going out of my comfort zone I've managed to lose 4 inches off my body! Definitely a huge NSV for me!

You never cease to amaze me! I am damn proud of you as well! :happy:
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    My NSV is more for the month than for the day, but I finally got over my gym fear enough to attend classes at the gym, and now I've been attending pilates, TRX, and bodypump regularly for two weeks! I made it to the gym every weekday this past week, and because of my work schedule I can't make it to any classes on the weekend, so I'm dying to go back tomorrow! Never thought I'd see the day...