For the newbies: here is what losing 80 pounds is like

Options

Replies

• jamie150ranieri
    jamie150ranieri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    So you found out about this app and are determined to lose a bunch of weight and let your inner skinnier person out. It's going to go something like this:

1st week -
    I'm going to lose two pounds a week. This is going to be great. I'm going to be so determined and so dedicated...

2nd week -
    The hell!?!?!? Why didn't I lose anything? I've been so good. I worked so hard. I should just give up. I'm just meant to be fat. I'll never lose this weight.

3rd week -
    How did that burger get in my mouth? Or the pizza? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I'm a failure...

4th week -
    Holy cow!! I lost four pounds. That's a pound a week. That's not bad. I think there's hope.

2nd month - I'm losing so much weight. This is so great. I'll be to my goal in no time at all!!

3rd month - Um.... hello??? What happened? Why aren't we losing weight now. I didn't change anything. I even worked out more. Why do you hate me?!?!? I want cake!

4th month - Whew - doing good. I'm OK. Look at how far I've gotten. Yay me. Just hang in there. I'm going to try going to the gym.

5th month - Going to the gym is hard. I can barely get three days a week in. And everyone there must think I'm so fat and wonder why I'm there. And I'm so sore. Can't move anything. Sitting down is hard.

6th month - I thought I'd be farther along. Why haven't I lost more? I've only gone down two sizes. Shouldn't I be at my goal weight already? Maybe I should try that fad diet or that starvation diet? So tired of people trying to get me to splurge and eat my old favorite junk foods just because I'm working out now and deserve a treat. They just don't get it. I can't afford to splurge right now!

7th Month - I'm going to kill someone right now. I hate this stupid diet. Why didn't I just stick with what I was doing before? It was working. Maybe not as fast as I wanted, but it was working. Where are the cookies??

9th Month - I reached the halfway point!! I'm doing so great. I love my gym. I go there five times a week now. I found this really great class and the instructor is so awesome. This trainer taught me some great new exercises. Some of my friends want to exercise with me now. They are so amazed at how much I've lost and they want to know my secret. I've given up all my old fat clothes for all these awesome new clothes. (Yikes for my credit card bill, but yay for my closet!)

10th month - Plateau?? FU plateau!! So tired of this. Maybe I should try working out with a trainer because obviously I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I've even started gaining weight because I can't stop binging on junk because I'm so depressed to have become so stuck and just when I was half way there...

12th Month - Dammit!! I keep dropping sizes. Getting replacement clothes is getting so expensive!! I barely have the stuff for two months and it's too big again. Must buy smaller sizes so I have more time with them. So glad I stopped starving myself. BMR and TDEE all the way!!

16 Months - I feel great!! You know, even if I don't make it all the way to goal, the size I'm at now is pretty nice. I'm definitely getting a lot more attention. I'm OK if this is as far as I can get. I'm just really enjoying this new lifestyle. And all these changes I made for my health have inspired me to make other changes in other parts of my life. Over all I'm a much happier person and my life is a whole lot better than before. I got rid of the negative influences in my life and have a great circle of supportive, positive people. Work is much better. My attitude about life is better. Life is wonderful!! I feel like a burger tonight. I worked out hard today and I have the calories. I can have it.

18 Months - 80 pounds!!!!! I can't believe I lost 80 pounds!!!! I'm a smaller size than I was in high school!! It's so weird to see myself in the mirror. I'm the same size as my skinny friend. How did that happen? And I'm a single digit size now. Never thought I'd be able to say that!!
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    love this!
  • megz214
    Options
    this is soooo going to be me over the next 18mnth...thank you for giving me a better head up to look at :] && CONGRATS!!!
  • Mystikdragon
    Options
    I bookmarked this! I don't have 80 pounds to lose (I actually only have about 15-20), but I still feel like it's a pretty good road map for what it feels like to go from an unhealthy lifestyle, to a healthy one =) Here's to hoping I don't give up!
  • anichellek
    anichellek Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love this. I needed a reminder that it's a long process, but every day I'll be one day closer.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Well i don't have 80 to lose but I need to know what it's like when that last 5 you've been carrying around on your belly finally comes off...it's been months & it's still there! So i feel i can relate to a lot of what you said.
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hey - just wanted to say that I love your post - it is hilarious now but I'm not sure if it was so funny at times living thru it. You stuck with it and you look wonderful. Good job and thanks for the motivation for so many others.
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love this!! I know that up to month 3 this is totally right... I've never made it past that and now I'm gonna 'bump' this so when month 3 comes up i'll be ready to kick it!!
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Best post ever!! I love this, thank you so much for writing this and sharing it - it's exactly what I needed to read!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Well i don't have 80 to lose but I need to know what it's like when that last 5 you've been carrying around on your belly finally comes off...it's been months & it's still there! So i feel i can relate to a lot of what you said.

Losing the last 10 is like losing the first 10. You are in a hurry and want it off NOW, but nothing seems to be cooperating. Why won't it come off??? I want chili cheese fries! WAAAAAAHHHH...

I'm 2.5 pounds away from my goal now. Was 2 pounds away before Christmas and then... WTF- where did that extra 15 pounds come from?!?!?! And then I dropped down to 4 pounds away and then... I'm going on a candy bar diet this week... +7 pounds. And now I'm 2.5 pounds away.

So a rollercoaster is pretty much what it's like over all.
  • blackpearl1318
    Options
    So Great, I pray I can say that this year, It's hard but I want to get TRIM AND SEXY FOR 2013.
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    A huge congrats to you on your weight loss. I'm about 5 pounds from being halfway!
  • tlwells62
    tlwells62 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    love this .............
  • sarahs15
    Options
    Thank you for this post...<3
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    that is really nice! Thank you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • maml317
    maml317 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So my husband and I are on the 3rd week and this about sums it up! Too funny, can't wait to see what happens next week....
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Losing the last 10 is like losing the first 10. You are in a hurry and want it off NOW, but nothing seems to be cooperating. Why won't it come off??? I want chili cheese fries! WAAAAAAHHHH...

I'm 2.5 pounds away from my goal now. Was 2 pounds away before Christmas and then... WTF- where did that extra 15 pounds come from?!?!?! And then I dropped down to 4 pounds away and then... I'm going on a candy bar diet this week... +7 pounds. And now I'm 2.5 pounds away.

Oh drat. I guess i better buckle up & hold on tight then lol

I seem to fluctuate between 2-3 lbs. on a scale, i think it's water weight fluctuations. So i looked at my measurements but they are about the same too. Since i am not seemingly losing any more fat the past month & 1/2, I shifted to trying to do more strength training. I'm hoping that building up muscle will help...fingers crossed!
  • ClvrScrnName
    Options
    This was great. Thank you!
  • txtorn8oh
    txtorn8oh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Good inspiration. Thanks for the post.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Oh drat. I guess i better buckle up & hold on tight then lol

I seem to fluctuate between 2-3 lbs. on a scale, i think it's water weight fluctuations. So i looked at my measurements but they are about the same too. Since i am not seemingly losing any more fat the past month & 1/2, I shifted to trying to do more strength training. I'm hoping that building up muscle will help...fingers crossed!

My weight gains have been water weight (darn you, sodium). The good news is that it comes off again pretty quickly and weight is never stable anyway so as long as you are within ten pounds, all is good. Once I hit my goal weight, I'm putting away the scale and just using my jeans as a barometer. So much less stress than watching a scale.