Food diary question

Options
Does anyone know if the food diary takes into the calories that we all burn just from normal activity? It seems the only accounting it allows for is for calories burned from cardio.

Forrest

Replies

• KCPlanner
    Options
    Does anyone know if the food diary takes into the calories that we all burn just from normal activity? It seems the only accounting it allows for is for calories burned from cardio.

Forrest
  • tdroseler
    Options
    it is my understanding that the diary calculates the daily calorie requirement based upon what you would need to be awake, but in bed all day...ohhh the luxury.

It doesn't take into acount what we normally do in a day. However, when i started keeping track of things i read a thread, not sure who wrote it, but it made sense. If we think about it, what we normally do in a day isn't doing a thing to help us loose weight, or we wouldn't be here. So i only add in the activities that are over and above what a "normal" day entails.

Hope this helps...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    When you did your goals, you answered questions regarding your age, weight, activity level. Myfitnesspal uses your input to establish your needs. Depending on your answers to the questions you will be given the following: (the numbers below are from MY diet profile.) You can access and / or change them on your "My Home" tab under "Goals"

You can change your "Diet Profile" under Home>Settings.

*************************MY suggested breakdown: cmriverside:

Nutritional Goals Target
    Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,200 calories/day
    Carbs / Day 120 g
    Fat / Day 53 g
    Protein / Day 60 g

Fitness Goals Target
    Calories Burned / Week 1,190 calories/week
    Workouts / Week 4 workouts
    Minutes / Workout 45 minutes
    Your Diet Profile Target
    Calories Burned
    From Normal Daily Activity 1,800 calories/day
    Net Calories Consumed*
    Your Daily Goal 1,200 calories/day
    Daily Calorie Deficit 600 calories
    Projected Weight Loss 1.2 lbs/week
  • tdroseler
    Options
    thank you cm...

i hadn't realised it did count daily stuff...good to know.

:flowerforyou: for your wisdom :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    thank you cm...

i hadn't realised it did count daily stuff...good to know.

:flowerforyou: for your wisdom :)

You are welcome!

OMG- td, have you tried the green buttons at the bottom of the Food Diary?? It's new this week. Each day at the bottom of your Food Diary is the green "view full report (printable)" BUTTON. It tracks all the nutrients, exercise, food notes, exercise notes!!!!!! It's awesome. You can go back to last Tuesday's report (example), too! Try it NOW....

Also, you should go back every month and update your weight in the profile. Same with your pedometers, when you lose a couple pounds, change the weight in the pedometer.

:glasses: cheryl
  • KCPlanner
    Options
    Good stuff everyone. Thank you so much for being so helpful! So if I understand everything right, if I do nothing (no exercise or cardio) for the day, then the focus is totally on calorie intake. For instance, today is "my day off" regarding working out. I typically work out six out of seven days. So today, I need to make sure and not exceed my daily requirement....otherwise, one can assume that I would gain weight with a positive calorie load.
  • Colleenie101
    Options

Forrest

Well when you first signed up it asks you your activity level so yes i believe it does take in account for that. That is how they determine how many calories you should burn a week and how many calories you should consume a day.