I gained weight on my trip!

Options
Hi, I have recently come back from an amazing trip to the Dominican Republic, and unfortunately, but not surprisingly, I have gained weight, I am up to 163. 4 lbs, which is approximately a 4 lb weight gain. Just thought I would start a group of support for others who have gained during a trip, and we can work together to lose that gain and more!

Replies

• artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I just got back from my vacation the day before yesterday & can see the pouch & feel the jiggle. I haven't dared step on the scale yet, I just spent a good, hard hour at the gym last night & started counting calories immediately. It happens & it will probably go away just as fast as it came on. I know I had lots of sugar & salty things with a lack of fluids.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Just continue counting your calories and watching what you eat....and do your workout...you will be back to normal in no time

ARTschoolgirl....Congrats on 115lbs lost....I beleive thats the biggest weight lost I have seeing ont his sight....Good Job
  • lwest008
    lwest008 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Gained about 4lbs while I was in Panama! Got home early Tuesday morning last week, and went right to the gym in the afternoon! It was definetly the unusual consumption of sugar, white bread and sodium that got me while I was away. I was down a pound by this Saturday and I haven't gotten back on since....hopefully I can shed them in a week just like I put them on!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the white bread too! Lots of white bread, oil & vinegar. I was meeting my boyfriends parents for the first time & most all the conversation was in Spanish, so I found myself muching on bread at every meal since i couldn't participate in much conversation haha.

Thanks so much Miqisha! It's still a journey & I'm not quite there, but it's a great feeling! Keep up the great work everyone!
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    wow yeah congrats on that huge weight loss, you are definitely an inspiration! how long did it take you? if you dont mind me asking. and yes me too, i just got back from dominican, and i swear i ate pasta every day and even twice a day at that, and we all know it wasnt whole wheat pasta lol......and ooh fried cheese, im surprised i didnt get constipated, i ate so much cheese haha, but i am already back on track, ive eaten very good the last two days and ive hit the gym twice too, did a spin class tuesday and yesterday just did alot of cardio and a bit of weight lifting.....what do you guys think of starting this as a little support group....we can weigh in weekly and just maybe challenge eachother each week.....im in real need of a good support group....so it would be alot of fun
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i was so disciplined before my vacation to st. thomas, everything was feeling pretty firm. i worked out every morning on vacay and ate pretty healthy for breakast and lunch but took some liberties with dinner and definitely came back with some softness in the midsection and thighs some i'm with ya, girl. I'm back to adding sprints into my runs and the dreaded strength training. I've also decided to add something different into my weekly workouts...Boxing! At one of those dirty grimy boxing gyms too! It's super hard but so much fun and one kick butt workout.

Back to the firm butt for me, you ...all of us!
  • mxburke
    Options
    Oh awesome, im glad you are getting back on track, and also, thats great that you took up boxing, i started kickboxing in january and it definitely is an aweosme workout, and its just such a fun and stress relief activity to do. i just find its so nice to have some variety with exercise. Like not always the same old cardio and strength training....trust me, you will definitely enjoy yourself with the boxing, and its great cause u get to take some anger out on the bag!!! :)
  • lynzt16
    lynzt16 Posts: 48
    Options
    i came back from a trip about a week ago, and had also gained about 3 lbs...but already im down 2 lbs by just sticking to my calorie counting and exercising just as i was before i left.
  • mxburke
    Options
    wow thats inspiring, i have tried to stick to my calories this week, but it has not been going well....im really gonna try hard this week and hopefully the few pounds i gained will come off!