How to prevent saggy breasts when losing weight?

Options

Replies

• hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I guess I should really start wearing my sports bra when I workout!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 40lbs in the past from nutrisystem and minimal exercise. I went down from a 36C to a 36B. I am still young, 23..but when I lost all that weight my boobs seemed saggier and I could see the old stretch mark indentations(back from when I went through puberty I guess) deeper. Well I have gained the 40lbs back and an additional 20lbs..so this time around..I am dieting and exercising daily. Should I be doing chest strenghthening exercises, examples? Thanks :)
    Unfortunately there's not much you can do besides plastic surgery. You can't "tighten" up fat.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    I would also be interested in knowing. I'm scared to do too many chest exercises due to not wanting to losse too much of my chest.
    You don't lose your chest exercising it. You lose it when overall body fat is reduced. In other words, you'll lose some of it while you lose weight.
  • jezmarie89
    Options
    CHEST EXERCISES!! THEY FIRM YOU UP. YOUR BREAST IS FAT MUSCLE AND TISSUE SO IF YOU LOSE FAT YOUR BOOBS SHRINKS..BUT WORKING YOUR CHEST FIRMS!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Find a good pair of willing hands to hold and entertain them while endlessly following you

that's what I was thinking
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    YES you should always be doing strength training - a few days a week!

I have the same problem. I went from a DDD to a D now. and it's annoying, but the strength does help tone things up! Pushups are also great for this! :)
    this word for word! except i went from a d to c
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Push ups :-) there many different types oh and it is part of it
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Push ups, it makes a huge difference, strengthening the muscles in your chest, thus lifting the ladies... My chest is totally gone, and I nursed 2 kids so, they needed some help. strength training in general with a gradual weight loss will prevent sagging skin all over, Good Luck.
  • mexy04
    mexy04 Posts: 96
    Options
    I would also be interested in knowing. I'm scared to do too many chest exercises due to not wanting to losse too much of my chest.

Doing chest exercises is a natural boob lift...it would make them PERFECT but it definitely helps u point a little more skyward. I loss weight and gained weight alot so I have a little saggage. Chest workouts have helped shape my chest to look more attractive not to mention it helps to stand up straighter.
  • mexy04
    Options
    I went to see a plastic surgeon for implants and a lift and he actually told me not to do chest exercises, that those are for men. He asked me; "Do you want breasts or pecks?" Im like, uuuummm breasts please. I never went through with the surgery and just bought a great push bra. At least my boyfriend says he loves them....

Really? A health professional said that? Good gracious. Doing chest exercises will not turn your breasts into pecs. That's just crazy talk. (and random side note, I've met quite a few men with pecs bigger than my breasts so... maybe that's not a bad idea for me lol) If you develop your pec muscles (which are under your breasts), this will actually help everything in that area more perky.

Plastic surgeons are pigs. Its obvious that he wanted you to spend you money rather than exhausting other efforts before resorting to invasive surgery.
  • mexy04
    Options
    Thanks guys! I guess I should really start wearing my sports bra when I workout!

Omg with a due respect...DUH!! lol elasticity in the skin in the breast depends on the person. There is no magic trick to keep them at attention but a bra really helps.
  • stephl81
    stephl81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I see your point, BUT my breast sag below my pecks. So if I work my pecks and if they get bigger, it will above my breast not behind it. Can you picture it? Regardless, Im not giving up push-ups becuase I like the total body workout from them and do light weighted chest presses just to keep them firm enough without adding bulk.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Definitely wear a supportive bra. You actually should always be wearing one. You know when bouncing around and how your breasts are bouncing and tugging on the skin and everything? Well, that will later on NOT help with the saggy breasts in general so definitely wear something very supportive so they don't bounce around so much.

Also doing chest exercises to tone the muscles underneath will help hold the girls up over time. So stuff like bench presses, chest flies, push ups (these are good for everything so you should be doing pushups anyways :P) Otherwise just look online for chest exercises.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I see your point, BUT my breast sag below my pecks. So if I work my pecks and if they get bigger, it will above my breast not behind it. Can you picture it? Regardless, Im not giving up push-ups becuase I like the total body workout from them and do light weighted chest presses just to keep them firm enough without adding bulk.

I think the point is, if you lost the fat that is keeping the skin hanging and kept up with some heavy lifting your skin will return to how it's supposed to be without the sag, why do so many women worry about "bulk"?
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Strenght training. Pop open those chest fly's.
  • oneclickheadshot
    Options
    I went from a 80C to a 80B & even though they're smaller now I like them better bc I have done a lot of push ups lately & they got less saggyer. & I just wear my pushup bra's (size 80C) & normal bra's (80B) & Don't notice much difference.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I have noticed since losing 63 lbs that my boobs are shrinking...from a 40 to a 34 D and can see the stretch marks more pronounced but, i can say that since i started lifting weights and working on my chest muscles the have taken on a new shape. Yes still a biit saggy but all around them is getting built up so it really doesent look as bad as i once thought. So yes, do chest exercises for sure.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Most of m 30 pounds of weight loss seem to have come off my breasts. :-(

I like where they are now, but know that they will reduce further. :-(

I wear a sport bra to bed. Unbelievable about how much better they feel. I haven't noticed a lot of sagging - though there is a little - which I would think is natural for a 62 year old woman.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    My trick is to wear very supportive bras when I lose weight all the time. EVEN to bed. This keeps them at "attention" through your weight loss and prevents too much sagging.

Good luck :)

^^^^^
    this!!!! I've dropped from a 38F to a 32C in the last 10 years and always wear a decent bra even to bed. It all paid off because although a lot smaller and yes could be fuller theyre not the slightest bit saggy and sit exactly where they should. Not bad for 43 i guess
  • free8gent
    free8gent Posts: 61 Member
    Options

^^^^^
    this!!!! I've dropped from a 38F to a 32C in the last 10 years and always wear a decent bra even to bed. It all paid off because although a lot smaller and yes could be fuller theyre not the slightest bit saggy and sit exactly where they should. Not bad for 43 i guess

smilesalot196 - What kind of bra to you wear to bed? I think an underwire would be uncomfortable, but maybe a lightweight sports bra. What works for you?