Did I mess up my Progress?

Options
I have been making good progress for the past few months, seeing very good fat loss results. But, yesterday, I had gotten news that I made my High School baseball team, I had been preparing for over a year.

So to celebrate, I had about 6.5/8 slices of a large pizza from Dominos. PLUS, I ate about 6 glazed Krispy Kreme Donuts. I had a net Calories of over 3,500, which is a pound of fat.

I feel really down on myself, what should I do to recover?

Replies

• ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    It's not a pound of fat as I'm sure your TDEE is close to 2,000 calories so you were probably only over 1,500 or so. It's ok - we all have days like that. I ate 3,300 calories today. You may ask why? I ask why not? I felt like eating the things I did and it's a once in a while thing. If you eat properly for the rest of the week you won't have a gain, if you do it's water weight. Don't stress, it's really not so bad.
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! You celebrated and I would have done the same thing! You can do it!! Keep you head up, push forward, and know that we ALL have those days.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Lol, forget about it. I did the same today.

You had a good time, cheated on your diet. Be honest, tell your food diary about it, and just continue as you have tomorrow.

Ill support you, im in the same boat.

Just stay positive. If your anything like me, your tummy will soon be telling you, you did bad anyways lol.

Add me if you want, well kick that excess out the door in no time. :drinker:
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I was over on my calories the other day....mmmmmm, it was good.

Everyone deserves to celebrate when something good happens, even people who are trying to lose weight. Just go bak to your normal eating and exercise habits and you'll be fine.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    One day is one day. Just let it go and move forward.

Also, life happens. You have to be able to live your life and enjoy it. The trick is to figure out a good balance between being healthy and letting yourself celebrate when something good happens.

Congratulations!
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the good news and enjoy the pizza and donuts. You will be fine. Every once in awhile I will have a treat day. Congrats on making the team.
  • calisunrise
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss!
    personally, i think losing weight successfully also teaches us how to stay in shape after celebrations. all you need to do is to remember what you did to lose weight. on the week after the 'feast', simply go back to your weight loss habits until you see your goal on the scale again. remember NOT TO weigh yourself for 7 days after a cheat day. you will go crazy! but it's all water weight. sometimes water weight takes up to 10 days to fully come off. well, at least for me :)
    and you actually might look 'bigger' after eating a lot. it's called a food baby. it should come off along with the water weight.
    just stay calm :) you'll be fine!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's good to have a day like that every now and again. Even if just for mental purposes. Shake it off and keep going.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It's unlikely you undid your progress. You might see a couple of sodium-related pounds, but that should flush out quickly. And bodies do strange things - I overate like hell over the holidays. But keeping up on my exercise somehow caused a loss of 4 pounds that week.

Besides, everyone else is right: Sometimes you have to have those high-calorie, really satiating days. It just feels good once in a while.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't think binge eating once will ruin your progress. Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It's ok. you will get back on track because you know what is right and what to do. Congrats on getting on the team. have a fantastic day
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Nobody got fat in a day...or even a week.

Here's some quotes from fellow MFPers that really keeps things in perspective for me :)

"Don't worry about yesterday. You've got the knowledge to go forward and that's all that counts" - DavPul

"Stop being weak, only weak people allow themselves to be sabotaged" - Acg67
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    It's just a road hump in a very long flat road. Just a blip. A hiccup. A minor thing. Forget it, resume normal service. Your awesome you can do it!!
  • nicosuave2013
    nicosuave2013 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    lapse dont collapse.....so yu had a little hiccup...if thats the only one and yoiu get right back on track then it wont affect much overall.....it happens. Dont beat yourself up, just get back at it and move on :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Just eat better today.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    As many others have already said don't stress over it. It was one day. Losing weight or becoming healthier isn't about one day it's about the long haul. It's not about being perfect. It's about being better most of the time. The only way that one day will have ruined everything is if you throw in towel and revert back to eating like that everyday. It's a new day, go back to your normal routine. I wouldn't weigh myself for a few days but if you do don't freak out. You're going to have water weight due to all the salt but that will go away. Keep moving forward and know that it's ok to have a rare day like that.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    I have been making good progress for the past few months, seeing very good fat loss results. But, yesterday, I had gotten news that I made my High School baseball team, I had been preparing for over a year.

So to celebrate, I had about 6.5/8 slices of a large pizza from Dominos. PLUS, I ate about 6 glazed Krispy Kreme Donuts. I had a net Calories of over 3,500, which is a pound of fat.

I feel really down on myself, what should I do to recover?

I'd guess my advice is to get real with yourself around why you celebrated an accomplishment like making it onto a sports team by binge eating. I'm not judging you. I'm just wondering if you have good understanding of why you felt like that was a reward.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    lapse dont collapse.....so yu had a little hiccup...if thats the only one and yoiu get right back on track then it wont affect much overall.....it happens. Dont beat yourself up, just get back at it and move on :)

Love this. Log it and move on.
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    Simple. You get back on the wagon and keep going.
  • xmradio123
    Options
    You messed up, you acknowledged it, get back on track. :)