update lost 18 lbs in two weeks now 25lbs in4 weeks

Options
Hello everyone. :tongue:
Lost another 3 lbs this week. I was on the P90x recovery week. This week I start week 5. Total weight loss has been 25 lbs in 4 weeks. Your comments keep me motivated. Yes even the negative ones, so keep them coming. My calorie intake is 900-1100 per day. Started week 5 yesterday and woke up sore today. What a great feeling. Lets me know I am working hard. I started with a waist size of 42 now I am a 38. My goal is to get down to a 32. Getting closer everyday and I will not stop no matter how long it takes. Can't wait for the day I can post my pics. Keep in touch.
Mike:wink:

Replies

• FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    900-1100 cals a day for guy doing P90 stuff? Ouch. Good luck.
  • Buzzkitty1
    Buzzkitty1 Posts: 134
    Options
    Seriously, do you think you can maintain this level of caloric intake and increased activity for life? Because otherwise, your time at goal will be short lived.
    I've lost 23 pounds since December and many many inches, and I am comfortable knowing that my healthy lifestyle is something I can stick with forever.
    I lost 40 pounds fast a few years back on a low carb diet. Gained it all back almost instantly when I went back to a "normal" diet.
    I guess whatever works for you. . . .
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    900-1100 cals a day for guy doing P90 stuff? Ouch. Good luck.

my thoughts exactly
  • tsanford40
    tsanford40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    great job! can you tell me what your doing im having such a hard time loseing. i would love to be down 10 pounds befor my birthday June 21.
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    What everyone else said...
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Being fit includes adequately fueling your body not just losing weight. While your dedication is inspiring I will not congratulate you for doing something potentially dangerous to your body.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    P90x recommends a minimum of 1800 calories, as your body needs fuel to perform the exercises. Please eat more, MUCH MORE, if not you will probably loose more muscle than fat.
    Loosing more than 2 pounds per week for a prolonged period of time is not healthy, you have to eat more.
  • HalloweenMom
    Options
    This is like the 3rd post in regards to P0x9 or whatever that thing is called... I wonder if people get paid to advertise such things. I asked a guy about it and he asked me to inform myself on a certain web site, I did it and it was all for sale, nothing was said just plain "BUY HERE" everywhere! Hm.... I may be a dork, but I'm not STUPID. 25 lbs in 4 weeks? WOW! 18 lbs in 2 weeks? Hmm..... I don't know why but I got a weird feeling about this... Like they say... if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • HalloweenMom
    Options
    1 picture and 2 friends on your page.... lol. I'm not a dumb azz!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! To each their own...if it works for you and you feel healthy, then that's great....being healthy is the goal here!
  • bevdc
    bevdc Posts: 18
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I've lost 100 + pounds three times in record time and gained it back in record time! This fourth time I have followed 1200-1500 calorie diabetics diet and lots and lots of exercise. Its come off slow (145 lbs in year and half) but I feel so much better than the other times and I feel I can maintain the weight loss this time. Wish you much success do what's best for you!:love:
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    Good job! Kepp it up! You will be at your goal in no time. Just make sure you dont go crazy with eating once you get to your goal or it will be short lived
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're starving to death.
  • troycarroll
    Options
    HalloweenMom, I don't know if their are guerilla marketers for P90X on here or not. Probably; it's a good audience for that sort of stuff.

However, I have been doing P90X since January 2 and have had great success with it. I'm fitter than I have been in 10 years and feel great!. I'm wearing pants that haven't fit me in so long that they are probably out of style now, but I don't care! My stomach isn't as flat as I'd like it to be yet, but the rest of my body is coming along and I have gotten lots of (very encouraging) remarks from friends and co-workers about the change in my appearance.

P90X does NOT include the very reduced caloric intake mentioned in this thread. Although I monitor my calories, I don't exactly follow the P90X diet; I just try to get as close as possible.

Basically, the combination of P90X and MFP have been very successful for me.
  • MikeEstrada
    Options
    Hello,
    No I don't think you are dumb. These results are not typical for this program. I am working my but off everyday in the gym. I did buy the p90x program from craigslist for only $40. So I am not getting paid for this. So if you want to try it I suggest to go to your local craigslist and buy this at a lower price. Many poeple give up and sell it for less. Good luck in whatever you do. Hope the best for you. Keep in touch as i will reach my goal. As for not that many friends I envite you to be my friend along with everyone else. The reason no pics because I am embaressed about my body , but not for long. I am a real person.
    Mike Estrada
    P.S. you can look up my website on : leaguelineup.com/centralvalleyhornets
    I run a youth basketball league and also coach travel teams. You can ask anyone on my site how big I was. :flowerforyou:
  • MikeEstrada
    Options
    Not starving actually eating alot. Just the right foods.
  • MikeEstrada
    Options
    Thanks
  • MikeEstrada
    Options
    Great inspiration. I will keep it off. Goodbye McDonald:bigsmile: s
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't believe 900-1100 calories for a man is enough. Have you set up your BMR? That cannot be right and it is dangerous. I am not doing P90X but am doing Insanity and you are burning 700-1000 calories per workout so my BMR at 245 lbs. is to eat about 1900 calories to lose weight. Hope it works for you in the long run though =)
  • MikeEstrada
    Options
    This works for me. I wouldnt suggest this for everyone. I do see a doctor. In fact seeing one today. I eat alot of fruit and vegetable soups. My omlets are 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/4cup of each, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, celantro, squash.
    This equals less than 200 cal. Try it . It is alot to put down.
    Lets be friends.
    Mike
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!