Options
    bump
  • beaming
    Options
    A great read!
  • cmeroar68
    cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What a great and thoughtful post for you to take the time to write. This is awesome. I don't think it matters how much one has to lose, you nailed the path & the hurdles along the way to becoming more fit, healthier & thinner.
    Thanks so much for posting this!
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    OMG I am totally experiencing month 6 right now. I was actually questioning the amount of weight I lost thinking I didn't lose enough for the amount of time I've been working out (Since this past summer). I seem to be going at a really slow pace cause I am literally having at least 1 cheat day a week. I feel horrid. Thanks for reminding I HAVE to stick in there.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    This should be required reading for ANYONE starting out here on MFP... 'cause it's all TRUE!!!

Great work, both the writing and the changes you've made! :flowerforyou:
  • starryskies_16
    starryskies_16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post - I have 80 lbs to lose and I've only been going with the journey for two weeks, so seeing this post is fab for helping keep me motivated to stick to it and give it my all! :flowerforyou:
  • Niharika_sri
    Niharika_sri Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Dunno why bt I got tears in my eyes.. I wanna experience it all! Started with 81 to lose, 76 more to go..
    Thanks for d post!
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you are so spot on and said it brilliantly ... exactly how i'm feeling! and you seem to really captured the hearts of so many MFPers! definitely should be required reading for all of us. And you look great - before and after, and feeling fit is the best bit!
  • moya2525
    moya2525 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is a great post . It is nice to know that this is not a perfect science !
  • FabnFit2013
    FabnFit2013 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    yours has to be the most popular this week - everyone can relate to it :) thanks a ton!
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love the way you went at it. One foot in front of the other. Small goals. Once you reach them you move on to the next tier. Any suggestions on your food choices. Sample meals?
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    This was a fab read and made me chuckle quietly to myself. I've experienced the 1st 4 stages but your words give me hope that. so long as I stay focused, I will achieve my goal. Thanx.
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness all around! Great post! I got an awesome laugh because its SO true to a lot of women especially! Definitely a great motivation to keep going! Thank you for posting this. Even my husband who's not losing weight and is my greatest supporter and best friend got a good laugh out of it when he heard it. :-)
  • Pelikandy
    Pelikandy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love your post! You are so right, it does get discouraging some months ....and then, when you look back, it seems like the weight just dropped off. I was upset because I gained 1.4 pounds back over the holidays ....then I realized in the past I gained that much each DAY during the holidays. Back on track now and feeling great. Thanks for making my day with your post
  • GaryMerr
    Options
    Congrats Wendy, that is a stunning result!
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bookmarked. Definitely coming back to this whenever I get frustrated. x3
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    OMG I am totally experiencing month 6 right now. I was actually questioning the amount of weight I lost thinking I didn't lose enough for the amount of time I've been working out (Since this past summer). I seem to be going at a really slow pace cause I am literally having at least 1 cheat day a week. I feel horrid. Thanks for reminding I HAVE to stick in there.

Oh, I do 1 cheat day a week. I'm sure if I had been much more disciplined, I would have lost it all faster. But I always would have been moody and cranky and unpleasant to be around so I think I did OK. :) Stick with it. It may not come fast, but at least you have a better chance of keeping it off and not alienating everyone around you in the process.
  • wendybird5
    Options
    Dunno why bt I got tears in my eyes.. I wanna experience it all! Started with 81 to lose, 76 more to go..
    Thanks for d post!

And you are only just starting. Every milestone I turn into an emotional basket case - crying because I'm so happy and can't believe I knocked down another ten and frustration that I didn't do this sooner. You are going to do great!! Just stick with it and know it will be worth all the tears.
  • wendybird5
    Options
    I love the way you went at it. One foot in front of the other. Small goals. Once you reach them you move on to the next tier. Any suggestions on your food choices. Sample meals?

I posted some of my meal plans and other suggestions about foods I liked in my blog if you look there. Otherwise I just eat what I want just as long as I stay within my calorie limit. I've changed my calorie limit to be my BMR and I eat most if not all of my exercise calories. I did do the 1200 calorie diet for a while, but I get really cranky and moody and over binge on my cheat days so I won't be doing that anymore. In general I like to eat protein with every meal to help me feel full and for dinners I try to stick with just veggies, protein and fats and keep the carbs for breakfast and lunch. But just experiment and see what works for you because everyones body reacts differently.