Rasberry Ketones...just hype?

Options
Apparently many stores in the US have sold out of Raspberry Ketones due to a famous Dr announcing they are great for weight loss...
Has anyone tried these? Do they work, or are they just another money-making waste of time?

I'm currently on the Atkins Induction phase...it is working, but I'm not a big fan of adding butter to everything (so I don't), cheese and excessive fats. I plan to stick with the 2 weeks induction, then cut the fat down and up the vegetable/fruit carbs. Complex carbs are my enermy...I eat a slice of bread and immediately my stomach bloats. I'm not missing/craving carbs, but this fat intake makes me feel guilty!

Raspberry Ketones- yay or nay?

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Just hype. We've had raspberry ketones in our food since the 1920's in the form of flavoring additive, and it appears it does absolutely nothing.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Totally hype just like the green coffee bean extract, the white bean extract and the myriad of other things Dr Quack promotes.
  • ejay90
    ejay90 Posts: 42
    Options
    The ketones with green tea extract have helped me a lot... i was on ECA stacks but it messed with my sleeping... the ketones and green tea extract don't make you buzzy, but suppresses apatite and i feel a little more energised than usual... ill say give them a go... worth it!!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    ive talked to people that swear by them, but im 3 lbs from my goal weight, and used none of that crap, so IMHO why waist money if you dont need to
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    apparently they work providing you stick to a good diet and exercise. more likely the diet and exercise that is making you lose the weight not the ketones
  • kathyhb4
    Options
    I just bought them yesterday. I made sure to buy the Ketones only, I didnt want any other fat burners or herbs. The dosage is 100mg each day, I took one yesterday, I'm sure it will take some time to notice if anything changes but I didnt feel any different meaning it didnt seem to have any side effects so thats good. I'll keep you posted on my results. If anything I dont think they could be harmful so i think its worth givng it a try. I bought mine at Vitamin Store but the same ones are online at Amazin for half the price, if I buy another botttle it will be from Amazon for sure. :happy:
  • labyrinth84
    Options
    A girl on my Facebook has said she has lost 6lbs in 1 week without changing eating habits. Maybe they only work for a few people and I suppose the only real way of testing them is taking them when not calorie counting etc, or the nature of the weight loss could be confused...

I'll stick with my diet choice for now, and maybe try them in the future if things slow down
  • labyrinth84
    Options
    I just bought them yesterday. I made sure to buy the Ketones only, I didnt want any other fat burners or herbs. The dosage is 100mg each day, I took one yesterday, I'm sure it will take some time to notice if anything changes but I didnt feel any different meaning it didnt seem to have any side effects so thats good. I'll keep you posted on my results. If anything I dont think they could be harmful so i think its worth givng it a try. I bought mine at Vitamin Store but the same ones are online at Amazin for half the price, if I buy another botttle it will be from Amazon for sure. :happy:

Please keep me posted, I am curious. And if they work, without dodgy side effects I will give them a try!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    apparently they work providing you stick to a good diet and exercise. more likely the diet and exercise that is making you lose the weight not the ketones

Yeah...what's that called...a spurious correlation?

OP, don't waste your money. Just eat right and watch your calories. There's no such thing as a magic pill when it comes to weight loss; it's all dedication and sticking to a plan
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    If we took everything that the pill pushing Dr. suggests we need, we'd have no room for food in our stomachs. I bet he gets paid by the manufacturers to push that garbage. Waste of money...move more, eat less and eat better. It's that simple.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Yeah...what's that called...a spurious correlation?

Spurious correlation.....I love how those words sound together. It is now my mission in life to use these words as often as possible!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • labyrinth84
    Options
    Its the first time I have ever heard of this Dr.... so I wasn't sure whether he is a trust-worthy source or a professional helping push supplement sales for a wage...

The only diet pill I have ever seen work for people are T5's, but they sound to have horrific effects on the body and make you high apparently.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    A girl on my Facebook has said she has lost 6lbs in 1 week without changing eating habits. Maybe they only work for a few people and I suppose the only real way of testing them is taking them when not calorie counting etc, or the nature of the weight loss could be confused...

I'll stick with my diet choice for now, and maybe try them in the future if things slow down

I bought the raspberry ketones and coffee bean thing. i have been taking both for like a week no change just makes your appetite curb. and when i didnt take it i ended up binge eating. its a waste/ i figured i would try it since im only a few pounds off my goal weight. good luck!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Save your money, or at least don't waste it on useless stuff like this.

Got a food scale yet? That would be a great purchase....
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    You cannot eat raspberry ketones and a cake, and lose weight.

Thus, do not eat raspberry ketones nor a cake.

You will lose weight.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Its the first time I have ever heard of this Dr.... so I wasn't sure whether he is a trust-worthy source or a professional helping push supplement sales for a wage...

The only diet pill I have ever seen work for people are T5's, but they sound to have horrific effects on the body and make you high apparently.
    Hunny, a word of advice....9 out of 10 things that "Doctor" says about weightloss are wrong. Don't listen to him. He's a surgeon masquerading as a nutritionist.

Eat well. Maintain a calorie deficit. Exercise. That's all you need.
  • labyrinth84
    Options
    Save your money, or at least don't waste it on useless stuff like this.

Got a food scale yet? That would be a great purchase....

I haven't but great advice. It's hard to guesstimate everything :)
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    My doctor got some free trials of raspberry ketones so we both tried the stuff for 30 days. Glad I didn't waste any money because they made NO difference whatsoever. She said they didn't do squat for her either. What does help me is my BodyMedia FIT armband, which keeps me aware of my calorie burn status so I can better plan what I eat.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Did anyone see the special dr oz did recently. He claims he never endorsed this product. He had it on his show, but he never endorsed it. I never saw the show where it was on, so I can't say for sure. But he seemed pretty adamant about it. He sais that he has stuff on his show, out of interest, but he isn't suggesting to go use it or even buy it. It's just information. People are mis interpreting him, and therefore, he said he is going to start being more careful about how these kinds of things are portrayed on his show.