Stalled in weight loss for the past 6 months

Options
Serious replies only.

Hi everyone. Last year I lost about 30-35ish pounds. What kicked it off was a boot camp at my gym and we had to submit our food journals and log everything. After it ended I continued to lose the weight until about June. I have been stagnant in my weight since June 2012 and I am looking to start losing again.

My question is when I was losing steadily I was eating about 1800-2000 calories a day and eating back exercise calories. I am now down to eating only 1750 calories a day hoping that would charge some weight loss. I went back today to look at my old food journals and I ate moderately well (I still had sweets and messed up days).

My question is should I be eating more? I am afraid to test it out and gain weight.

I am 203lbs, 24 years old and a teacher. I work out 5-6 times a week between Zumba, weights, HIIT and basic cardio on an elliptical.

Any ideas on how I can kick back into losing weight? I would open my food journal but the last couple of days have been a hurricane of bad choices.

Replies

• hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Serious replies only? Sorry, but for me that went out the window when I saw your username.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I would use an online calculator like Scooby's and figure out your new calorie goal. You may have adjusted too low based on your activity
  • mbellypdx
    Options
    Well, no judgement for bad choices here. :flowerforyou: We all have good days and bad days and I bet you have more good than bad overall. I was wondering if maybe your body hasn't gotten used to your workout routine and has stabilized. Perhaps switching up your activities by trying spin, or the stair climber or a different type of cardio would jump start the loss again. I've noticed if I don't make changes every 3 months, it gets harder for me to keep my fitness level up and push my aerobic threshold. Right now the stair climber gets my cardio going like nothing else and my glutes and quads let me know they are working- which I don't really feel on the elliptical anymore- and spin challenges me too.