Ripped in 30 vs. 30 day shred? Which is the best?

Options
Hello everyone,

I do insanity workout. It kills me and I've got bored of it. But I push myself every time because I WANT to finish this workout.
I'm thinking about trying a workout program to tone my body at the same time.

Which do you suggest Ripped in 30 or 30 day shred?
&
What's the different between them?

Replies

• peilover010202
    peilover010202 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, if you are doing Insanity, I doubt you'll find 30 Day Shred very challenging. And it probably won't tone you more than Insanity does. There are some weights involved and ab training. But, I've seen very little change in my abs. Have seen some mild muscle definition in my arms though. I actually like the tone trouble spots by JM for toning arms/legs/abs/glutes/etc.

I can't comment on Ripped in 30 though, never tried it.
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    Well, if you are doing Insanity, I doubt you'll find 30 Day Shred very challenging. And it probably won't tone you more than Insanity does. There are some weights involved and ab training. But, I've seen very little change in my abs. Have seen some mild muscle definition in my arms though. I actually like the tone trouble spots by JM for toning arms/legs/abs/glutes/etc.

I can't comment on Ripped in 30 though, never tried it.

Does insanity help in toning our bodies? it's just Cardio!
  • bigmamma29
    Options
    I have a question - doing myfitnesspal and in the exercise portion you have to add your exercises and how many calories you burned doing it. Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred has 3 workouts namely 1, 2 and 3. Does anyone know how many calories you burn for all 3 workouts?
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've done both the 30 day shred and ripped in 30. Here are my thoughts:

I did 30 day shred for so long. I could never completely do it in 30 days. Not because it was too difficult, I just got bored. It can be repetitive. This is also coming from me who's been doing it for probably about 3 years. I used it as a cross training tool for half marathon training.

I'm doing ripped in 30 at the moment. It's the same idea- 3-2-1 workout with strength, cardio and abs. To me, it's more interesting because you don't do pushups, then come back to push ups- there are different exercises that keep you going and keep me interested.

However- currently I'm doing ripped in 30 every other day, and then on the off days (with an exception of rest) I'm doing Jillian's kickboxing DVD. Mostly because it's fast, and it's great cardio, and I feel it in my upper body as opposed to ripped in 30 where I feel it more in my legs.
    I also have problems completing programs because I get so bored... so that's why I'm interspersing the ripped in 30 with other DVD's. I also have her yoga melt down.

So- Insanity is going to give you amazing results (from what I've seen), but if you need something to work your way up, I'd recommend ripped in 30. It's cheaper, and I'm a poor college student. If I could afford insanity, I'd try it.
    But you're smart to look for something to get you started. Maybe do this for 30 days then go on.

Feel free to friend me if you have any other questions/need some support! Always looking for people doing Jillian's workouts/just workout buddies in general
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    I have a question - doing myfitnesspal and in the exercise portion you have to add your exercises and how many calories you burned doing it. Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred has 3 workouts namely 1, 2 and 3. Does anyone know how many calories you burn for all 3 workouts?

I tried Jillian for few days, I remember I burn 170 calories but also remember it's different from a person to anther
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    I've done both the 30 day shred and ripped in 30. Here are my thoughts:

I did 30 day shred for so long. I could never completely do it in 30 days. Not because it was too difficult, I just got bored. It can be repetitive. This is also coming from me who's been doing it for probably about 3 years. I used it as a cross training tool for half marathon training.

I'm doing ripped in 30 at the moment. It's the same idea- 3-2-1 workout with strength, cardio and abs. To me, it's more interesting because you don't do pushups, then come back to push ups- there are different exercises that keep you going and keep me interested.

However- currently I'm doing ripped in 30 every other day, and then on the off days (with an exception of rest) I'm doing Jillian's kickboxing DVD. Mostly because it's fast, and it's great cardio, and I feel it in my upper body as opposed to ripped in 30 where I feel it more in my legs.
    I also have problems completing programs because I get so bored... so that's why I'm interspersing the ripped in 30 with other DVD's. I also have her yoga melt down.

So- Insanity is going to give you amazing results (from what I've seen), but if you need something to work your way up, I'd recommend ripped in 30. It's cheaper, and I'm a poor college student. If I could afford insanity, I'd try it.
    But you're smart to look for something to get you started. Maybe do this for 30 days then go on.

Feel free to friend me if you have any other questions/need some support! Always looking for people doing Jillian's workouts/just workout buddies in general

Thank you so much. I tied 30 days shred for 15 days, Yes I agree she was boring!! I couldn't even push myself. I stopped it and started insanity, I started to get tired of it but I can push myself because I want to complete the program. I'm tired of trying programs for few weeks. I try HARD to complete this one. Thank you, I'll think about ripped
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I really like ripped in 30, you get 4 workouts one for each week and each workout is essentially made up of 3 smaller circuits each with its own unique moves so you never get burnt out on doing the same stuff every day :)
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    I really like ripped in 30, you get 4 workouts one for each week and each workout is essentially made up of 3 smaller circuits each with its own unique moves so you never get burnt out on doing the same stuff every day :)

Thank you so much!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Which ever one of the two you are most likely to stick to.
  • bigmamma29
    Options
    I have a question if you make a mistake posting your exercises for the day - how do you correct it? ie. if u make a mistake with your food entries you just delete it but if u make a mistake with your exercises how do you erase and make a new entry? Anyone out there know how????
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a question if you make a mistake posting your exercises for the day - how do you correct it? ie. if u make a mistake with your food entries you just delete it but if u make a mistake with your exercises how do you erase and make a new entry? Anyone out there know how????

You can erase them too, just click on the red minus sign to the right of the entry. Its on the exercise tab instead of the food tab.

On my phone food and exercise are in the same screen, so it took me a while to figure that out on the website lol.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS and RI30 and am currently doing Insanity.

I agree with the above, if you've done Insanity, 30DS would be too easy I think. I've done 2 rounds of 30DS and 1 round of RI30 and neither one of them are as hard as Insanity. I'm definitely burning a lot more calories during Insanity workout than any of the JM workouts.

I did find 30DS a bit boring afterwards, I think it's great as a starting point but if you have worked out for a while and like intense workouts, 30DS would be too dull. RI30 is a bit more interesting and faster and that really prepared me for Insanity. The only thing I am missing from doing Insanity is the weight lifting. I liked how JM incorporated that into her workouts.

Insanity is cardio but you also use a lot of your own body weight so it is also strength training. I've just finished Week 2 and my body has changed faster since doing Insanity than 30DS/RI30.

Depends what it is you're trying to achieve I guess. If you're looking to tone, have you checked out Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zone? That is just weight lifting and you can make it quite difficult by using heavy weights. That's an hour long though so a bit time consuming...

Hope that helps!