Amputee on a mission.

Options
2»

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    All my complaints about whatever are now null and void. You, sir, are wonderfully inspirational.

I'd be honored to have you as a friend and give you a swift verbal kick in the *kitten* should you need it (married to Army vet so I've got practice!).
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    write... then delete.. write... then delete. Nothing seems quite right. Much respect for you.
    You can do this!

We've all got excuses, we can choose to own them or let them own us.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    First off, THANK YOU for your service!

Second, you are a bad *kitten*! Feel free to add if you like. Your energy and drive are certainly motivating!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service.
    You sir, are awesome.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You are the very definition of inspiration and motivation!!! I can already tell that you'll be running that 5k in no time!! Thank you for your service!!
  • bigeasy36
    bigeasy36 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hooyah!!!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I find that activities are very habit forming. Find one you like, do it for a while, and you will be itching to do it all the time. It just takes a little while to get that habit going. You have been through a lot, you know you are strong. At the risk of being trite - you can do it.

One person already suggested running with your son - that is a great idea.
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It is always the start of a goal that is the hardest! You have already set a goal, now go get it!

Thank you for your service!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! Have you set up a routine? That would be my first step. And since kids have a way of knocking our best laid plans for a loop from time to time, I would build a tiny bit of flexibility into my routine rather than making it an All or Nothing. Why not set yourself up for success?

This post is right up my alley. Not only am I a wanna-be runner, but my friend created a charitable foundation to support the families of amputee childern, and I'll be appearing at one of their fundraisers this year.

Good luck! I sent you a friend request.
  • Deebug60
    Deebug60 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service! You are strong and can make it happen. Everytime you see your son smile know that he is pulling for you.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service and sacrifice. Your son is a very lucky boy.

The passion and drive that got you this far can fuel your work.

One of my favorite phrases: when you want to quit, remember why you started. It helps me focus on the ultimate goal, not the current, temporary distraction.

I have no doubt you will achieve your goals.

Feel free to friend me.

Blessings for you and your son.
  • PaprikaPrincess
    PaprikaPrincess Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ssgtamputee - thank you for your service.

I used to work for a prosthetic/bionics company and was constantly in awe of the clients that visited us.

Keep on keeping on! I know that it may take awhile but I have confidence that you will be up and running in no time.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming......................
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    You are a hero, and not just for what you did for our country. Your desire to be a good dad sets you on the top of my list. While you are getting the right equipment for running, I'd like to suggest you get onto a bike and train as hard as you can. When your prosthetic equipment meets your needs, you'll be ready to use it, and already on the road to fitness. Thank you for your service.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    Just to cool. This got kicks my butt.
    Check this out. Just a awesome Marine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6GN1XGDQ4
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    WOW I forgot about this blog. I am doing well. I will try not to forget.