New member with diabetes

Options
I am looking to connect to new members that also have Type II diabetes. It is important for me to keep my carbs and my sugars down. I would be interested in any recipes or food suggestions you would have. Thank you!! Lynne

Replies

• melferds
    Options
    Hi Lynne. I too have Type II and am trying very hard to keep my carbs down. There are so many great websites out there. The ones I like best are www.yourlighterside.com and www.alldayidreamaboutfood.com, http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/ is a wonderful blog that explains a lot of things as well as having very delicious recipes. I am trying to begin a lifestyle of gluten free/ sugar free eating. It's a little hard at first, but I think the benefits for my and my families health will be worth it!
  • cherylclark2011
    cherylclark2011 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynne, I am type 2 and am trying to lose weigh and keeping my carbs down too. I'm mainly doing it by eating what I would usually but without the mash of potatoes and rice etc. I do still struggle sometimes but god loves a trier I believe. Feel free to add me if you like x
  • wolfwattitude
    wolfwattitude Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes on the 15th. I've had low blood sugar since I was 19....29 years ago. So I've known how important protein has always been in keeping my sugar level but now it's getting the fiber in for every meal and how it helps keeping the sugar level that's got me searching. I'm suppose to go on Metformin but I'm waiting for my meds as well as my blood glucose monitor to come in the mail. I love this site; it's so easy to put in all my food into my phone and see how I'm doing.
  • sara_mclaughlin
    Options
    I have type 2 and I'm on Metformin (YUCK), and soon insulin again. I'm meeting with a nutritionist soon and I will be sharing what I learn!!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I am looking to connect to new members that also have Type II diabetes. It is important for me to keep my carbs and my sugars down. I would be interested in any recipes or food suggestions you would have. Thank you!! Lynne

I'm not diabetic, but I'm here to keep it that way. My dad has type II diabetes, and has suffered unthinkable complications because he didn't do what he needed to in order to control it. I do eat lower carb and sugar, because of PCOS. Feel free to add me, if you'd like. :smile:
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and am currently on a low carb diet. I'd love for you to add me so we can trade food ideas. Anyone welcome.
  • mstandley3
    mstandley3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey im looking for a group and friends that have type 2 diabetes. I recently found out I have it and needs some friends that do not mind sharing there food log and ect.. It has been very hard for me to catch on to this. Please Help thanks