Replies

• Caggle123
    Caggle123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • topgals
    topgals Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's nice in homemade soup with carrots, red lentils, sweet potato, cumin & tomato puree!
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I buy bags of frozen cubed butternut squash. Microwave and sprinkle with curry power and pepper. Sometimes parm cheese too. Yum.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    after reading this thread the other day I had to get a couple of butternut squash. My kids can't wait to have them tonight with dinner. I just hope they meet their expectations and mine for that matter.
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I much prefer the natural sweetness of butterCUP squash. Oven roasted it doesn't need anything on it. I have it probably 5x a week for my afternoon snack.

I also love making soup with red lentils, roasted squash, carrots, onions, a tart apple, and curry spices. Cooked until soft and then I blend half to make it creamy smooth. It's so wonderfully flavourful, hearty and comforting.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Going to try this.....
    I have an old school crock pot and I can drop a whole squash and nothing else into it before I go to bed. Set it on low and in the morning I can open up the crockpot and the squash is soft to the touch. Slice it open and scoop out the goodness..done deal. Salt, butter and pepper is how I like it best. It is really satisfying!