Weird, my shoes don't fit anymore.

Options
I know I haven't lost a lot of weight yet, but when I was 265 lbs, my feet and ankles were constantly swollen.

Since I've started eating better and losing a little bit of weight, my feet and ankles are now very rarely swollen. They only get a bit puffy in summer when it's really humid.

Most of my shoes now fit very loosely around my feet and ankles.

I wanted to know if anyone else had similar problems like this and/or if it's normal?

64nrwn.png

Replies

• keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds. I've always been a size 8.5 or 9 in shoes. Now I'm actually between an 8 and 8.5. This is very frustrating when trying to buy pumps. 8.5 is too big on the back of my heel and 8 is too small in the toe bed...ugh! Shoes with straps are easier because I can tighter and 8.5 and let out an 8.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My feet have shrunk since I started on this journey. All my shoes are loose now. I wear Vans to the gym now. They were to small when I started. Now they're the only ones that fit snug enough to keep my feet in place and that's with the two sides almost touching at the laces.
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, I feel better :P
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm hoping that happens for me! I have a closet full of shoes that I outgrew when I gained weight.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I went down a whole size.. I didnt' mind buying new shoes, however forking out big $$ to replace my ski boots sucked!!!
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This happened to me to, I couldn't believe it. All of a suddan it seemed all my work shoes kept slipping off. Others are less noticable cos they are mainly boots and trainers. Just another sign of progress!
  • eandrsmom
    eandrsmom Posts: 119
    Options
    I have lost at least a half of, if not a whole, shoe size in 46 pounds. I have about 15 to go and am curious to see where my feet end up. Good news is I don't have too many pairs to replace I guess. :)
  • ChrisFitt2014
    ChrisFitt2014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, I just had this conversation with my co-worker on Friday. Purchased a pair of shoes bout 2 yrs ago that was tooooo tight but got them anyway. Beauty is pain right?.... Anywho, was getting ready to give them away and decided to try them on Friday, what the Heck & low & behold they fit and they fit very loosely. I couldn't believe it! Down 21 lbs and feeling great!