One piece of advice...

Options
13»

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Find out what BMR and TDEE mean, and eat somewhere in between.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Only focus on eating things that have only 1 ingredient or max 3. This means that you will reduce processed foods. This means that you won't eat food that send fast release sugars into your blood system - sugar peaks are not good.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    THIS IS THE BEST THREAD I HAVE READ FOR DAYS - WELL DONE WHOEVER STARTED IT.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ignore the guy who seriously hates HRM's. Its a tool. So unless everyone here uses just their body to workout and nothing else,,.no weights...no equipment..no videos...don't worry what is said.
  • disdatdude
    Options
    Spend 15 minutes stretching every morning - LOL. Hey, everyone else took mine! Seriously, we're all pressed for time, but stretching is a great way to take slowly wake up and begin your day. I think that, like making healthy food choices, food preparation or exercising, stretching should become a habititual. Something that, if started early enough, isn't looked at as a waste of time. It took most of us 1/3rd of our life to stop eating over seasoned, fried foods everyday. Just imagine if you were born into a household where your parents rarely fed you that way?...it would be against your nature to eat poorly prepared food. Stretching is the same way. It will be a requirement when you get older and your hamstrings start to tighten up and your flexibility goes away. Those who don't do it tend to get that funny, old man/woman, stiff assed, woddle when they get older. Even "falling" becomes hard when you are an adult and not accustomed to spending time on the floor.

Do yourself a big favor. Get on the floor and stretch every morning (if you don't already have pilates or yoga scheduled).

That's my 2 cents - Dueces! :smile:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Figure out your TDEE and your BMR and set your calories. Don't assume MFP is right to tell you to eat 1200.
    Great link I wish I had when I started:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Muscle does NOT weight more than fat. A pound is a pound. You can either fill the volume with fat which takes up more space, or with muscle which is leaner.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Only focus on eating things that have only 1 ingredient or max 3. This means that you will reduce processed foods. This means that you won't eat food that send fast release sugars into your blood system - sugar peaks are not good.

I just had to laugh at this...I agree with what you are saying...but LOOK AT YOUR PROFILE PICTURE!!!!!! LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    A sustainable program is a successful program

^^ This.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    You will have bad moments, don't let them become bad days, or bad weeks.
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Eat.
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Smile
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Take before pictures, and take *during* pictures at regular intervals. The scale is a lying witch, but pictures aren't....
  • wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Learn, learn, learn.

Learn what a healthy diet looks like, learn which unhealthy foods to avoid, learn how to start moving AND learn that you can do it. YOU CAN! ♥

Btw - excellent forum post. :smile:
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Forget what the scale says! Tape Measure!! And see how the pants (and tops) fit!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    If you backslide, nobody will judge you, be sure to come back
  • iveyroze3
    Options
    If it's white it ain't right. Sugars,empty carbs,