30 day shred - anyone starting today?

Options

Replies

• jessierichardson
    Options
    I did Workout 1 today! anyone else?
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    I'm in. I am starting it 2morrow. I will post how it goes. I am turning 30 June 2nd and I would like to lose 10 lbs by then.
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I just bought the DVD tonight at Walmart, I got it along with another of her dvd's for when I can't make it to the gym. I'm looking forward to trying this in a self-inflicted-it's gonna kick my butt- but I'm gonna be happy when I finish it-kinda way. Thanks for the inspiration! Y'all are awesome! :drinker:
  • AmiKayser
    AmiKayser Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My will actually be the 27 day shred though. I'm going to try and do these workouts in the a.m. before work...that way if I miss it I still have a few ops to make up for at someother point in the day.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Hope I'm not too late to join - only ordered the dvd today so hopefully have it by the weekend! I'm doing Tracey Anderson Mat Workout every day at the moment so figured I needed something new to add to the mix!

Looking forwards to the challenge and will post here when I start! :)
    -x-x-
  • twojurfin
    twojurfin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just finished L1 D2. I only needed to pause it once today! But I 'm still really struggling with using weight on the side lunge part.
  • thendrick
    thendrick Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!!!

How are you feeling? I am soooo stiff and sore!!! It hurts to sit down on the toilet bowl! And going up and down the stairs with a 25lb baby in my arms is killing me! (But it is a good sore!)

I'm using 5 lb weights for all of the strength exercises except the side lunges - I'm only using 3 lb weights for those, and truth be told, I put them down half way thru and tried to concentrate on my form (I just can't seem to get my butt far enough back).

I admit, I'm not making it all the way thru the regular lunges either. It is KILLING my thighs. So I do hands up/knees up for the last couple of seconds. Speaking of seconds, I wish there was a seconds clock counting down each segment - I think I could make myself stick with each exercise better if I knew I only had 10 sec left.

I'm wearing a HR monitor and my first day I burned 237 calories and yesterday only 217? Weird that it was lower b/c I thought I did better on my cardio.

Ladee - You can do it!!! Just keep pushing play!!! And do the best you can.
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options
    Goooood Morning Ladies!!!

Well today is day 2 and I just finished my workout with the trainer from hell "Jillian". Okay, so I woke up this morning and all parts of my legs hurt. The thighs, calves, glutes, ankles and feet. I took a deep breath and realized that my rib cage was killing me and my lower abs ached. My shoulders and shoulder blades also hurt. :grumble:

So I'm thinking this is going to be the day from hell because I have to do this tortureous DVD again, so I was talking to my DH and he said that it's like the saying "the hair of the dog that bit you". So okay, I decide I have to do it again and the sooner the better. Well, I think my DH is right. (don't tell him that, i'll never hear the end of it). When I started the DVD I had a hard time lifting up my arms but as it went on, I started loosening up and by the end of the DVD, I was feeling better. I'm sure as the day goes on I will start feeling it again. Now, I am not using hand weight right now but I think I will add some tomorrow. I will go buy some 1 and 2 lbs weight because I only have 3 lbs weights right now. I have to progress slowly with this because I will get discouraged it I don't. No shame in that right??

I have done it and so can you!! Wow what a change from yesterday eh ladies!!!

Let's keep shredding ladies!!!

Keep up the awesome work!!!! :heart: :bigsmile:
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    Due to a technical difficulty I'm going to have to postpone my workout for the evening which makes me a wee bit nervous because I'm normally pretty beat at the end of the work day. BUT if I can run after work I can do this! Right?

Haha. I hope so!

Good work everyone! Day two is upon us and soon to be behind us!
  • thendrick
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 Level 1. Burned 210 calories.
    Almost got thru all of the lunges today!

WTG Ladee!!! Feels good once you're done, doesn't it? DH felt so bad for me limping around last night and this morning - he told me I should give my muscles a break, but I told him the same thing your husband said - best to just keep pushing through!
    And you could always use cans until you're ready for the 3 lb weights.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did Day 2 last night and my DH said it's not a good idea to do the same workout everyday with strength training. He said the muscles need time to rebuild. I plan to stick with it anyway, but do you think there is something to that? are we doing anything detrimental by working the same muscle groups everyday?
  • sniffles
    Options
    I did Day 2 last night and my DH said it's not a good idea to do the same workout everyday with strength training. He said the muscles need time to rebuild. I plan to stick with it anyway, but do you think there is something to that? are we doing anything detrimental by working the same muscle groups everyday?

I've been wondering about this myself BUT I haven't been able to find an answer. SO until I do I'll just plod through it. :)
  • thendrick
    Options
    I think someone posted on here about it being ok, b/c it is such a short workout and it's only 30 days. Certainly not something to be maintained.
  • Ladeejulz
    Ladeejulz Posts: 56
    Options

I've been wondering about this myself BUT I haven't been able to find an answer. SO until I do I'll just plod through it. :)

Hi ladies,

It's funny that you should be talking about this because I was wondering the same thing myself. I have had several personal trainers and they all said that you should give you muscles a chance to heal between workouts. So it's been on my mind. Today my brother came for a visit and he asked me why I was walking funny and I explained the workouts and he told me it was not a good idea to do it everyday. He did say the samething, that you have to give your muscles a chance to heal. So now that we are all confused, I will confirm this with me physiotherapist tomorrow. I have an early morning appointment because I suffer from Pattela Fermoral Syndrom (problem with my knee caps, I have been in therapy for the last 10 weeks). I am going to have to follow her advice but because I have been feeling so good, I thought I could do this no problem but if it's going to mess things up for me, I will not be able to continue. Maybe I'll be able to do it every other day. I will let you all know what my physiotherapist says tomorrow.

Good luck ladies!!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I did Level 1, Day 1 today and I wanted to kick Jillian's *kitten*. Ok, that's a bit much, I muddled through it and now the jelly legs and arms are here and I feel like I can't move! I also ran a mile and went for a walk with the baby and lifted weights. Maybe I'll do one thing per day, maybe two and then I won't feel like I need to go to the emergency room!
  • sniffles
    Options
    I wonder if we shouldn't be doing this every OTHER day...

Ladee! Let us know what your physiotherapist suggests. I'm going to listen to my body. I'll do the workout tonight and run tomorrow before doing the workout again. I'm starting to think on days I run I probably shouldn't shred... that's a lot of high impact exertion on my poor legs! haha.

The LAST thing I want is an injury!!!! Injuries set me back A LOT because I don't have time to heal. ):
  • sniffles
    Options
    I think someone posted on here about it being ok, b/c it is such a short workout and it's only 30 days. Certainly not something to be maintained.

The length of the workout doesn't matter, it's how greatly are the muscles being taxed. And for us out of shapers our muscles are being taxed QUITE A BIT. At least if we push like Jillian tells us too. Haha.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I was thinking every other day too....I will see how my muscles are tomorrow! Right now it's taking all my effort just to sit on the toilet! Darn squats and lunges!
  • angelicarebels
    angelicarebels Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Okay I completed day 1 and this 35min workout on level 1 has my thigh muscles and arm muscles hurting more than 40 or more mins with Billy Blanks ??? I will do day 2 tomorrow my legs kill.....lol :>))
    How long is everyone doing each level?
    Are we suppose to do each level alternating from 1,2, and 3 for the month??
  • thendrick
    Options
    I'm going to stick with Level 1 until I feel like I've mastered the moves with good form. I'm still struggling with the both sets of lunges. :(