Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 4, level 1 for me. It's getting easier as the days progress, but it still kicks my *kitten*.
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Did day one today, I really didn't think it was bad, except my knees were popping like no ones business! I will persevere!
  • mfaine
    mfaine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did this today and liked it. Well, it was horrible but in a good way. I could tell it was working but I'm ashamed to say I cannot do the bicycle crunches, yes I'm that uncoordinated. I'm also ashamed that there are no other guys in this thread :)
  • kaocottontail
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level one and I'm super sore, but I also feel really good! I have a hard time with a few of the moves, but it just takes time and practice. :)
  • dustycaravan
    dustycaravan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did this today and liked it. Well, it was horrible but in a good way. I could tell it was working but I'm ashamed to say I cannot do the bicycle crunches, yes I'm that uncoordinated. I'm also ashamed that there are no other guys in this thread :)

I spend the first 20 seconds of bicycle crunches trying to figure out my co ordination.. then I start to get into it and feel the burn and then she yells "OKAY GET UP LET'S GO UP UP UP" and then I am even more confused.... today I actually was able to do them properly woohoo.

This workout is for EVERYONE and once you display your B&A I think it will attract a lot more men to doing the 30DS be the pioneer!
  • littlebre33
    Options
    I am currently on Level 2 Day 4. It's such a great workout! Don't worry about not being able to do a proper push up, just do the best that you can! I did mine on my knees and I still felt the workout in my arms. The one issue I seem to have is that my knees hurt soo bad when I do the jumping jacks!! Just do what you can..and if you have to take longer then 10 days on each level then do so!! It's a hard workout, in Level 2 you will even notice the Natalie girl cheating at times ;). Best of luck!!
  • rachellem3
    rachellem3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 of level 1 and i see progress already. I'm scared to see what level 2 has in store for me.
  • mfaine
    Options
    I spend the first 20 seconds of bicycle crunches trying to figure out my co ordination.. then I start to get into it and feel the burn and then she yells "OKAY GET UP LET'S GO UP UP UP" and then I am even more confused.... today I actually was able to do them properly woohoo.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. Congrats on getting it right today.
  • JCulp19
    JCulp19 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hey everybody... Is anybody here doing 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels? I really want to start this tomorrow!!

I am starting tomorrow! Add me if you like :D
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30 Day Shred... on level 3 here
  • ProjecThinspiration
    Options
    I had to stop day 5 level 1 because my knee started buckling on me, however once I started doing Zumba I was fine. Im thinking I can probably do both today since I've made it through 54 minutes of non stop Zumba.. and I find my endurance is up from before, I hate those butt kicks and jumping jacks though, I try my best to finish them off but I find that I give up halfway through the routine.
    Also, I sub in another set of ab crunches for the bicycle ones, my knees give out if I do them and they work as well :)
  • Mizzpeace
    Mizzpeace Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Test
  • sugaraddicted
    sugaraddicted Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just did day 9 on level 1 & I feel so much stronger. When did you all start actually noticing changes in your figure?
  • lmdenn33
    Options
    I am and I LOVE it! I go to a cardio circuit class 4 days a week and do 30 day shred on my off days!
  • sugaraddicted
    sugaraddicted Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Those dang jumping jacks killed my legs by day 5!!!
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I did D1L1 last night and it was like HO-LY CRAP! When I watched it the night before I knew it was gonna be tough but didn't think it would be quite that tough. I thought I couldn't keep going after the first circuit, but I pushed through to the end. There were a couple times I had to stop and catch my breath but I gave it my best. The jumping jacks and butt kicks were the hardest for me, too, and the push ups, but again, did the best I could! I was wondering if you really were supposed to do it every single day, but I think I will go for the 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio only, and still do my two rest days on Thurs. and Fri. as usual. We'll see! I use the elliptical at work during the day every day and I don't wanna stop that even on days I do 30DS.
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    On day 6 and no more soreness. Can do it all except the push-ups, so I have to do knee push-ups instead. So there's a goal - to do the full push-ups by end of the 30 days.
  • TaniaB_79
    TaniaB_79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just did day 9 on level 1 & I feel so much stronger. When did you all start actually noticing changes in your figure?

About 2 weeks in, although I'd had a couple of rest days.

On day 3 of level 2 and really struggling, but remembering I felt like this on Level 1 so I know I will get there eventually!!
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Bicycle crunches are a struggle for me too, so are burpees- wonder if they use the same part of the brain? Hopefully, it will get better! I saw another man on here, so you're in good company- plus, Jillian's a HOSS!

Did day 2 today, my husband gave me feedback on my form (because my knees were popping) and it was much more challenging (but less painful) using the right form!!! Keep it up, everyone!
  • mfaine
    Options

Bicycle crunches are a struggle for me too, so are burpees- wonder if they use the same part of the brain? Hopefully, it will get better! I saw another man on here, so you're in good company- plus, Jillian's a HOSS!

Did day 2 today, my husband gave me feedback on my form (because my knees were popping) and it was much more challenging (but less painful) using the right form!!! Keep it up, everyone!

I did better today, still not quite getting the bicycle crunches but it was easier today even after only one day. I'm not quite getting through all of the push-ups either but I'm getting closer. I have bad knees too so I know how you feel. The good thing about 30DS is that it goes by so quickly. Your workout is over almost as soon as it starts, it just that while it is going on you think you may die. I'll have to find this other guy and befriend him and maybe together we can up the testosterone level in this thread.