Pizza-Pocket-Rolls - freezer recipe.

Options
Nikki582
Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
I was trying to find something similar and found a whole lot of the same, so I created something myself.. I thought I'd share - I've made these to throw in the freezer and pull out for workday lunches.
First up is make a pizza base - I've used this recipe, it's stupidly easy even if you've never done it before. Replacing baker's flour with plain ol' Wholemeal. -> http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/dinnerrecipes/r/Low-Fat-Pizza-Dough.htm

Pizza "Toppings"
((MAIN))
1/2 Onion
1 Zucchini
2 Carrots
2 Tomatoes
1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves
2/3 Cup of Lite Mozzarella

Extras
Pizza Type:
100g Shredded Ham
25g Pepperoni
50g Salsa

Mexican
100g Salsa
1/4 Can Refried Beans
1/4 Can Mexi Beans

Once your dough is ready, preheat the oven to 220*C
Chop/grate/foodprocess and mix ALL the the main ingredients,
if making the pizza type, do the same with the ham and pepperoni.. mix it all in a big bowl, it's just easier that way.

If making the mexican one, mix the Mexi ingredients in a bowl separate to the main.

Roll out the dough, add the "base/sauce" which is Salsa for the pizza, and the bean-mix for the mexican.

Add the mixed topping over the whole lot. - Try to squeeze out liquid to make sure they don't go soggy.

Cut the pizza like a normal pizza - but raw.

ROLL each slice from the top to the tip - like a croissant.

Place each roll/slice on a greased baking tray and put it in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes.

When they're cooked (brown) take them out, allow them to cool and freeze - I wrap each in grease proof paper and put it in a large zip-loc bag. Easy to take out one in the morning and have it thawed by lunch.

Make sense? I've "Pinned" my Pizza recipe, it has some pictures..
http://pinterest.com/pin/193865958931482134/

:)
Each roll of Pizza contains: 202 calories
Each roll of Mexe contains: 178 calories.

Tonight I'm also making a batch tonight using left over roast beef, pumpkin, sweet potato and feta! Yum! So very easy to do! :)

Replies

• Dreajewkes
    Options
    You're so clever!!! I love this idea!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thanks :D They're stupidly easy to make :) I'm almost looking forward to going back to work next week so I can eat them!